What would be a good weightlifting program if I want to get into soccer and basketball?

What would be a good weightlifting program if I want to get into soccer and basketball?
Nothing serious, just want to be able to play soccer/basketball injury-free. I'm not interested in hitting PRs or spending hours in gym, just to be healthy. Muscle hypertrophy(aka looking good) would be nice too, but I guess that would be too much to ask for so that's optional. Would I need to supplement it with jogging or nah?
From lurking I gathered that SS is not a good choice, although that seems kind of contradictory since it focuses on lower body a good deal which is kind of what you'd want for sports such as those, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SS would actually be pretty good for both football and basketball. Some cardio is mandatory for the necessary endurance, HIIT could be a good idea for explosiveness.

Would you do cardio on the same days as SS?

i'm in the same boat OP, wanna start taking soccer seriously and maybe going pro
reddit says SS and suicides for endurance, sounds pretty reasonable tbqh

Not really in the same boat.
I dont want to go serious/pro.

I just want to be able to play a game of football with the lads without passing out from exhaustion while still being able to squat 400+ pounds, is that too much to ask?

Yes

do SS + GOMAD, its litterally meant for athletes. Over the course of a summer/winter break you should be able to put on all the noob gains you need.
Once you start stalling swap to TM, the 5x5 monday is far enough from gameday(weekend) and the 5RM fridays low volume and high intensity gets you pumped for saturdays.
ALWAYS DO CARDIO AND PLYOS else the added muscle weight will just make you overall slower. Stay relatively low bf

Never do fucking GOMAD, there are so many better and cleaner ways to get your protein and calories.

So much fucking sugar, cholesterol, and sodium in milk if you drink that much. Such a reckless and retarded suggestion.

What part of "Nothing serious, just want to be able to play soccer/basketball injury-free" and "I'm not interested in hitting PRs or spending hours in gym, just to be healthy" don't you get?

Trust me. It's one or the other.
If you want to be able to last in a 5 a side football match, and not be useless, your lifting will suffer. If you start to raise your numbers in the lifts and get close to 1/2/3/4 You will become clumsier and less agile in football.
If you go the other way and build up stamina for football and develop agility and a good first touch or general ball control, you will see your size decrease and your lifts will suffer.
Honestly I've been battling with this for years. If we play football less often I develop some size and look slightly less DYEL but then we start playing once or twice a week and I pick up my stamina again and start looking DYEL.

u wot m8?

im pretty sure the fastest players for footy and bball lift for explosiveness, not necessarily mass gains

stand on an uneven surface and do yoga then, you cant start a weightlifting program without hitting PRs and SS is a beginner weightlifting program that doesn't take hours to do.
Realise what you want before asking a question this is ' I just want to get toned ' tier

Okay. How about I'd rather be agile than huge?

Yeah I used 1/2/3/4 cause I'm an idiot. I just mean that I don't think it's possible to be decent at football if you're on some SS type program.
Professional footballers mostly do plyometrics and some meme lifting like mega light cable flys x 30 or some meme press up routine.

The first sentence explains what I want.
Learn to comprehension.

I'm a DYEL, so I can't really help with the not looking like a scrawny neymar side of things, but I feel that HIIT has helped my agility majorly. My leg day has back squat and leg press in it, but the rest is weighted and one legged lunges and squats using a TRX. I think that's helped a bit with coordination and balance perhaps.
But yeah I reckon HIIT twice a week with a lot of explosive movements. Burpees sprints n such

you need unilateral strength+explosiv training.
do westside for skinny bastards part3
defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/

I'm a soccer player playing in a fairly high level. The most important part is putting strength and agility together. How much professional players lift depends on their size, big guys like Bale most likely got a 3 plate squat
The ankle/knee/hip mobility/strength you get/need/learn doing squats helps vs injuries.

Look up ws4sb it should suit your needs

What level do you play at?

4th highest rated league in my country

I'm sure if you did GOMAD with fairlife skim milk you'd do fine. That shit is amazing, google it if you don't know what it is.

In which country? I ain't looking to DOXX you friend. Just interested.

Denmark
Im a tall guy at 6'4. numerous ankle sprains keep me from hitting lmao3pl8 squat

care to post your HIIT routine bro?