I've had fuckarounditis since I started lifting back in February and have made some gains but not as much as I'd like...

I've had fuckarounditis since I started lifting back in February and have made some gains but not as much as I'd like. Can I still make noob gains if I start Starting Strength at this point?

Also, is SS just a meme on this board or does it actually work? Will it work for me who has already been exposed to lifting?

Self bump

pls post in my thread..

SS is to teach you how to do the big lifts and to learn how to progress. If you feel that you have already accomplished that, there is no point in doing SS. It's a 2-3 month program, a true beginner would barely make any gains regardless of the program.

holy fuck you are so clueless. Stop giving advice. Seriously.

Yes run it. Milk the linear progression scheme until you can't progress anymore (2-6 months), then move on to an intermediate program.

Speaking of milk, is gomad really necessary for the full gains? Is just a half gallon or quart ok? I don't like milk that much and can't imagine drinking all that

Gomad is for skeletons trying to put on weight
But it's also a shitty meme

Make me, you little faggot. Until then, I'll give as much bad advice as I feel like.

No it's not necessary. It may be helpful for very underweight males who struggle to gain weight, otherwise just eat at a regular calorie surplus

You can drink zero milk and still make gains

if you don't do gomad you might as well not go to the gym.

I know, but rip says that the ones who do drink the milk out gain the ones who don't by miles

its not a meme, its simply a dogshit routine. put together a sensible two-way split and roll with it.

Why is it dogshit? Are you saying Rip doesn't know what he's talking about?

Veeky Forums...
why are we still dyel?
just to suffer?

every night i can feel my quads
my lower back, even my glutes..

the aesthetics i've lost,
the qts i've lost..
it won't stop hurting
it's like they'll never be here

you feel it too don't you?

i'm the one who got caught up with Rippletits
a routine without isolations, even the curls..
and i was the manlet below, feeding off GOMAD's power

they came after us on reddit.. then the sticky..

Starting strength just keeps growing,
swallowing every novice in its path
getting bigger and bigger

Veeky Forums, i'm gonna make em give back our gains,
take back all the aesthetics we've lost
and i won't take rest days, until we do

what the fuck

it lacks upper body volume, it lacks key exercise for optimal development such as horizontal pull, abdominal and arm flexor assistance, low bar squat is the inferior variant of the movement for just about any goal other than powerlifting and even that is debatable...
if you've lifted for a while you should have the general idea of what exercises you enjoy, what exercises work for you. put together a routine with your personal goals in mind and focus on progession.

How about this:
I do SS style squat, bench, deadlift same set and rep numbers but I add in OHP and chin ups and switch up the order, but keeping squat first and deadlift last

Just do sl 5x5

it's a routine for complete noobs you stupid fucking idiot why would you want to introduce auxiliary shit to a person who can't even squat or bench or deadlift

That's practically the same as ss

GOMAD was mostly Rip's frustration at high schoolers who refused to put on weight because MUH ABZ and would wonder why, at a manlet five foot ten and a hundred sixty pounds stopped making MUH GAINZ

The answer is yes. Noob gains is not so much about timing (you're a noob for 4 months or whatever) as it is about the weight. Early strength gains are low hanging fruit because your body can make a lot of efficiency gains and get in some semblance of shape more quickly.

Any standard linear progression is fine. I liked SL when I was starting, but SS, Greyskull LP, or even linear bro splits will all make progres. Just lift consistently, eat enough, rest enough.

I have never personally tried GOMAD. I know one guy who did the "squats and milk" routine with GOMAD and he looked pretty good after the month or whatever it is.

Most important thing is to hit your macros, especially protein, eat enough, eat at the right times, sleep, and lift.

I wasted five years doing splits, hopped on SS, and made noob gains.

It's never too late. "Noob gains" just mean "easy linear progression gains." Your threshold is based on your body's capacity for rapid strength gain, not how long you've been lifting.

Do SL you mook

When you "truly begin" to know WTF your talking about lemme know. The easiest gains come at first, unless you are a scrawny genetic hardgainer. Even that can be overcome.

I took a hiatus from lifting for about 9 months, using SS to get back into it. The program works very well and you can milk it for all it's worth. Squats are currently 270x5, I'll probably be able to get up to about 330-340 before having to move on to an intermediate