Well, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list)
youtube.com/watch?v=rrxlfvI17oY
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2356/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why would you eat meat if it has less protein than broccoli?

Scientific arguments please. I don't care if animal slaughter tastes good to you.

Cant go to gym if you spend all day eating 100 calories worth of veggies

Because if I'd care about protein per calories I'd be eating 32 egg whites a day

>scientific arguments
>for a preference

sage!

Well you cant go to the gym if you have cancer or are too obese to leave the house now, can you?

Would you kill your pet cat or dog? No? That's what I thought. Now why would you kill a pig or cow, which are smarter than pets?

Can we please make posting this stupid image a bannable offense? It doesn't trick anyone anymore.

because i'm smarter than them

100 calories of beef is not comparable to 100 calories of fucking broccoli.

>Scientific arguments please. I don't care if animal slaughter tastes good to you.
wut

I know this is just a bait image but just in case others can't tell what's wrong with this picture, it's that it should be grams of protein per serving size, not calories. To get 100 calories of broccoli, you'll need to eat like 300 grams of broccoli, whereas to get 100 calories of beef, it's like 35 grams of beef.

A calorie is a calorie, dumbass.

>none of the violence

Thousands of animals a year in vegetable fields are slaughtered by machinery.

>Now why would you kill a pig or cow, which are smarter than pets?
because i can eat them

First of all, no. Second off all, trillions of animals are killed a year from meat eaters. Which one is better?

Hm?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

do you realize how much volume 2000+kcal of broccoli takes up? You'd never be able to eat enough unless you gorge yourself on oil or peanutbutter.

Yes, it's a fact, sorry sweaty.

>Which one is better

Animals are still dying to harvest your food. Blood is on your hands. Deal with it or grow your own shit faggot.

yea man keep going you're doing a stellar job. show them meat eaters

maybe that's why vegans arent fat lmao. our food actually has fiber and nutrients and keeps us full, while you can eat 6000 calories of meat in a single sitting (:

>cows
>smart
Fuck I fell for the b8. 4/10 made me reply

100 calories of beef is 40g
100 calories of broccoli is 300g

get this b8 out of here

>measuring protein per calorie count
>100 calories of broiled beef, top sirloin steak has exactly 11.08 grams of protein
>100 calories of chopped, raw broccoli has exactly 8.29
>8.29 is less than 11.08
(ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list)

kek

So the broccoli keeps you more full and takes up more space in your stomach to prevent you from overeating.

Thanks for making my points for me lol. You just argued against yourself. Congratulations, you played yourself. LMAO

>you can eat 6000 calories of meat in a single sitting

That's about nine steaks. Do you ever think about what you're saying?

I'm sure that's an appetizer for most Americans. Or a midnight snack.

Lol lmao rofl kek

shit metric. is true that broccoli has higher % of calories being proteins than most cuts of beef, but proteins per 100g are still way lower, which means if you want to hit 100+ grams of protein a day, it is not a feasible solution. excellent food for cutting though because of high fiber content.

Would you like to actually counter my point it's based on fact?

Look everyone! The meat-head ran out of arguments. Cat got your tongue?

I'm a triggered faggot so I'm gonna bite the troll thread hook line and sinker weeeeeeeeeeee I'm a retard look at me move!

No it's literally not. That graphic is blatantly false and based off of inaccurate data gathered in 1986.

>maybe that's why vegans are scrawny wimps
FTFY
some of us want to make gains, not look like a 14 year old soccer player

?

There are different forms of protein. Meat-based protein are better for building muscle.

>now conveniently measuring protein based on weight

>that guy that slaughters innocent plants instead of just making his own food via photosynthesis

Alright try this on for size. 100grams of steak will give me more protein than I get out of 2lbs of broccoli. How am I supposed to meet my daily protein requirements without spending all day eating 25lbs of vegetables?

Your BMI being higher than your I.Q. isn't something to be proud of. Lmao.

Keeping...kinda on track. Does anyone know the average weight in food people eat in a day? Like is it 1 Kg? 2? 75?

>none of the violence

Vegans are just pussies.

>Hyperbole
>Proving your point

Pick one.

Eat things like beans, cabbage, tofu or peanuts?

>he doesn't eat 5lbs of lettuce every day to hit his protein macros
LOL enjoy being DYEL while i get sick jaw gains

oh yeah i checked and broc is ~27% protein of calories and beef is ~35-40%. nevermind then.

>whaah me no like eat my veggies, me want dead animal instead

and you say vegans are whiny? K.

>Now why would you kill a pig or cow
because they are prey animals. I want to eat them. it is extremely more effiecient to eat 100 cals worth of steak than 100 cals of broccoli. no to mention that I am confident in my meat living a human and healthy life, as I only buy from reputable butchers who know their product.
veganism isnt natural

Actually, beef is 10.4g of protein per 100 kcal and broccoli is 8.4g per 100 kcal. Get a better infographic next time.

yes, you're a big strong alpha hunter. Torturing and killing defenseless innocent animals is soooo cool and manly. You're really cool.

Yeah, didn't mean to sound irate if it came off that way, sorry

are you actually twelve?

>Torturing

Did you even read his post?

Not being a hypocrite at all bro!
>vegan pride WHEEEEYIUUU

holy shit please stop. 10 ounces of broccoli for 11 grams of protein. that is a whole two stocks of broccoli for 11 grams of protein. that is an extremely empty meal, it only clocks in at 100 cals. have fun being hungry literall after you burn that up by taking a brisk walk

yes, I did read his post actually. Actually, I read it over many times because i didn't believe someone could be so stupid.

The meat industry **IS** TORTURE. what the fuck is so hard to understand about that?

looks like eating meat makes people betas too. LMFAO.

take a chill pill friendo, you sound a bit groggy

>Eat things like beans, cabbage, tofu or peanuts?
Beans are fine but due to the high fibre and low amino acid profile they are not ideal as a main protein source.
5lbs of cabbage will still only posses less than 30 grams of total protein which is again low in amino acids.
Tofu is so proteins which are not very usable by the body and increase estrogen as it disrupts thyroid function and increases the likely hood of developing cancer.
Peanuts are fine, but very high in fat and caloric density. While they can be part of a complete diet the fats they contain are not ideal for human consumption in large quantities and due to the caloric count could easily attibute to additional adipose body tissue.
Or you could try continuing the discussion like an adult. Your choice

Wrong.

gr8 b8 m8, this whole thread is a joke, you've got whatever you were trying to achieve. The only suggestion I'd make is try to work a bit more on the character. I get that Veeky Forums is an easy audience, but all of your posts are retarded
Try again in a couple weeks and I hope I'll see some improvements

nice ad hominem

I think a b12 pill would help with that

>The meat industry **IS** TORTURE
Being a former employee I can tell you that Meat processing facilities seek to minimize the discomfort of animals before they are killed. And it's not because of some moralistic reason, but it's because stress relases hormones that spoil the meat quickly, and ruin the quality. They are killed more quickly and painlessly than if the were killed by coyotes or wolves in the wild.

Excellent refutation. I've read up on the subject pretty well but if you have any subject matter to show me where I have made errors than by all means share it here.
I am open to any and all scientifically evidence.

You seem irritable, why don't you gulp down some more of your bf's semen?

That would be an animal by product.

Clearly you haven't read enough. Perhaps reddit isn't the best source of information? Based on my research, everything you said was wrong, so...

Animal proteins does not equal plant proteins.

Meat is more protein dense and thus far more efficient to eat
Plant protein is also less digestible and you'd end up getting about the same amount of functional protein because of that

Even plants eat meat

100 calories of broccoli is like an entire fucking 300g head lmfao

"more efficient to eat" so the most important thing is how quickly we can inhale the most calories possible? perhaps your way of thinking is why the meat eating countries are obese?

It's clear you're trolling, but we're not talking about the difference of a few minutes here. It would take you 3 hours extra of non stop eating to achieve with broccoli what you get with meat

>anyone with opposing views is a troll
ok lol.

also if everyone loves eating so much why is being able to eat more a bad thing? i don't quite get it.

>Torturing and killing defenseless innocent animals is soooo cool and manly. You're really cool
I have slaughtered my own animals and I can tell you that its probably a more humane death than Im going to get. I am a hunter, and, as of now, I am higher in the food chain, so one could say that i am "alpha." why is this concept so disgusting and hard to understand for vegans?

chickens-live their whole life in a field, foraging for shit to eat, then one day, for thirty seconds, their routine is interrupted and they are dead. one swift cut, and they are gone. living a happy life and exiting quickly

cows-spend their entire life grazing upon the multitude of acres that they are situated on. the only """tourture""" that happens to them is when theyre branded. they are so young at this time that remembering this branding would be like a jewish guy remembering being circumsized. when slaughtered, its just walking thru a chute, getting popped in the head (killed instantly) and then sent off to hung and bled

pigs- these I used to hardly eat because it is pretty hard to find a butcher with good prices and humane meat, but when I do find one, I'll tell ya. I have bought a couple servings of pork meat from a source that I knew had them organically fed, and cage free

rabbits, deer, etc.- always killed by either me or a friend. they lived the life they were supposed to live (in the wild), and died quicker than if the died of any other natural cause

humans are literally the most empathetic and humane hunters in existence. no other animal gets sad once they kill their prey. It is a insightful quality as to how complicated humans are, but letting it get in the way of a natural diet is silly.
just know where your meat comes from and be informed about it. I think that is the duty of all people (to know their food), because if not, I think it leads people to live more decadent lives.

tl;dr-vegans r dum essehmaytch

Is it even possible to win at anything as a vegan?

Pretty sure Donald jr is a vegan

>why is this concept so disgusting and hard to understand for vegans?

it's the SJW mentality

you don't get what taste is?

youtube.com/watch?v=rrxlfvI17oY

>veganism is not natural

Hm, that's why humans can just eat the meat raw.
>hurrr human predator

Oh wait. We can't.

Except you can eat the meat raw, you fucking dingus. You can even eat eggs and drink milk raw if you want.

next argument please

It has more complete protein with BCAAs and is higher in calories. Protein isn't the only macro that you need and overall energy is more important to gaining muscle than protein is. And believe it or not, there are nutritional deficiencies associated with not eating meat.

Baby broccoli baked in salt and pepper and avocado oil and a steak and potatoes is the best shit ever

Every day I'm cumming

I love that image, only a meat eater could falseflag with that.

Broccoli (raw) are only 20% protein, at least use legumes if you want to look credible
>nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2356/2
100 grams of broccoli contain 2.8 grams of protein.
100 Calories in broccoli is 300 g worth of broccoli, for a mere 8.4 g of proteins (not 11.1 g)

but, for the sake of arguing, let's say that you're going to get 11.1 and not 8.4 grams of protein
then to reach 100 g of broccoli proteins (with a protein score of 83 and a PDCAA no higher than 80 no matter how you cook it, so comparable to no more than ~80g of whey grade proteins and assuming you're eating other complementary vegan proteins) you'd need to eat 2.7 kg in broccoli only. Now, the amount of fibre begins to be quite too much and to be honest you'd need to consider that such an elevate amount of fibre has anti-nutrient effects, thus it impairs even more protein absorption.

I eat sushi and medium rare steak all the time stupid.

> 2.8g/100g protein in Brocoli
> 25g/100g protein in steak, with the fat on

or you could eat 4 times as much brocoli I guess

10 times

I mean 10 times

>Oh wait. We can't.
but we can. how are you this fucking dense. we just cant eat raw meat that has the propensity to be contaminated (usually like farmed poultry or pork). have you ever had raw liver or tartare? stop trolling so fucking hard and shitting up this board

i love how vegans think it's one or the other. the smartest of us get to enjoy both.

>600 calories of beef
>37g protien
>considered a normal serving size
>almost anyone that eats meat once a week could eat this amount of beef

>350 calories of broccoli
> 36g protien
>12x the average serving size of broccoli (30 cal)
>2 1/2 frozen bags from the frozen food dept
>no normal person would consider this as a meal

NCBI is not Reddit. I haven't ever been to that place much less would I take it with and weight, not unlike the information from here or Facebook.
So how's about instead of just saying "you're wrong" you show me some research instead

to add on that, and adjusting calculations with the real nutrient values of broccoli, you'd need ~3.6 kg of broccoli, for an amount of dietary fiber of ~92 g which is already three times of the recommended daily intake. Just to take the equivalent of ~80 g of whey-grade proteins.

you'd probably die within a year.