You can't build an aesthetic physique with SS

>You can't build an aesthetic physique with SS

Well, you're right. Because that's not what SS was designed for. The purpose of SS is to provide a strength base and foundation that will make transitioning to another program (whether strength or hypertrophy focused) easier and more efficient.

This guy is an example of SS done right. Build the base, then transition to something more in line with your overall goals.

This a steroid progress picture.

Starting strength is shit and will always be shit, you DYELs don't know what you are talking about

besides u guys proly dont even read the SS book, u just get ur routine and information about ss from pictures and infographics

>citation needed
The only complaint I have with the routine is a lack of upperbody work, do dips and chins every day and its a good and balanced routine. Prove me otherwise.

>those fucking legs

What a wrong ss exactly? Just switched off as I was struggling to progress but it worked ok for me

>strength base foundation

Squatting 315x10 will build bigger legs than 185x10, and you'll get there faster with a strength base.

Nothing is "wrong" with it per se, people just think it will build them an aesthetic physique when it's really for building strength. The aesthetics will come when you switch to an aesthetics routine.

Easier to hit high reps for hypertrophy when you don't struggle to squat 1pl8. Plus hypertrophy works better with higher weight, so the higher your volume weight is at, the better. Not gonna get big muscles when you curl 20s.

>it's fine, just add to it
I mean, fuck. Come on. The program is severely lacking upper body and is meant foe the most begginner of begginers. I did it for maybe two weeks before I realized it was about 1/3 of an actual workout. If you're going to have to add and supplement the program, why not just start with something else?

does SS turn you gay as well to the point you start wearing cheetah print briefs?

Two things.
1.It's safer and you'll get just as strong on a full body general weight lifting program.
2.The lessons learned from said program will allow you to transition into any other form of weight lifting that you want and give you basic understanding of how the whole thing works. Your base of knowledge being a barebones powerlifting program where you're told to get fat to get bigger lifts and that putting weight on the bar every session is the norm and not an exception and only lifiting huge is the best way to workout is setting people up to fail and fail huge.

Oh, by they way. A general calisthenics stretching and cardio program is the best strength and fitness base anyone can start from.
There's a reason the dominant chinese and russian lifters all start their athletes all out with that.

It's meant for generally fit and athletic highschool football players. Not the general public.

if you take advice from this board other than
>you should lift weights and eat protein

you're an idiot

What did he mean by this?

Well so ya see his retarded fucking legs?

But will it get you bigger legs than a few sets of 185x20? No, no it won't.

6/10 because you got me to reply.

20 rep squat sets are supposed to be done with your 10rm you mong.

Not him but they look great to me.

The fuck my nigga

>that
>aesthetic

hahaha*wheeze*

What do you suggest to start with then. I believe it's a great program to introduce the main compound lifts and build a bade of strength. My wife just started ss today. Her mobility is pure trash though. I don't know who doesn't add curls and other shit to it to add some balance also who gets these giant ss legs?

You already know the answer to this.