How can I convince my dad to go Vegan?

My dad is almost 70 and has cancer but wont stop eating meat. I try telling him about the health benefits and how terrible the meat industry is to animals, but he wont listen.

I just want him to be healthy. I throw away any meat in the house and he gets mad but he always finds more. What else can I do to convince him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
inuddernews.com/2015/01/27/is-there-pus-in-milk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Promise to stop being gay if he goes vegan. Then wait 6 weeks and enjoy your newly low test vegan gay daddy.

>Vitamin D
>found in sunlight
>just like cancer
Kek

None of these vegan threads are about fitness. They're all about politics.

Count to 36. Someone just died from meat-related heart disease. That's the sheer fucking scale of the problem and you don't give a fuck because you like the taste of dead cows and pigs.

>meat-related illness
>related
People die of air-related illnesses all the time too. Gonna stop breathing?

I guess everyone wants my dad with cancer to die. Thanks for the help, Veeky Forums, I really appreciate it. Fuck this board.

>once you stop eating meat, you cannot get cancer, and you will never die
>veganism will literally cure everything
Fuck you too.

There is no alternative to breathing, unlike eating meat
Breathing doesn't inherently hurt others, unlike meat

Meant to quote

Well, yeah, it does cure a lot of stuff. At least the cancer cells will stop reproducing if he stops eating meat, for one.

>there's an alternative to eating meat
No there's not.

>hurt others
Not eating meat hurts others.

Stop throwing away your dying fathers' steaks you indignant little shit. Is it so much for him to want to enjoy his last dinners in peace without his limpwrist son virtue signalling all day.

tell him to go on a ketogenic diet. cancer cells need glucose. no glucose, no cancer cells.

you won't do that, though, will you?

You have no proof of that.

In fact, plants are covered in pesticides and are full of contaminated water at the cellular level. Animals have organs which work to filter out contaminants, so their muscles remain more pure than plant cells.

Also farming destroys the topsoil. Farming animals for consumption actually improves the soil, both by their feces and the waste of the portions of their carcasses we don't eat. Without the meat industry, we would quickly destroy the topsoil with plant farming, and never be able to grow plants after a while.

>>there's an alternative to eating meat
>No there's not.wrong, you can eat plants
>>hurt others
>Not eating meat hurts others.
Wrong

no, since eating only meat is actually the fucking OPPOSITE of what cures and prevents cancer.

>what is washing your vegetables

You are delusional. Once cancer has developed in a group of cells, it doesn't just stop being cancer once the stimulus that caused it is removed.

Your shitty diet won't cure your dad's cancer. But you can rid him of another type of cancer easily. All you have to do is close your mouth.

asshole

>associating meat with pus and scabs
>ignoring eating vegetables means eating insect eggs and rat feces
Why do they always do this? It's a stupid argument all around since all food (unless you harvest it yourself) will have this shit in it.

Lentils are high in phytoestrogens.

You can't wash them fully clean. The contaminents are in the plants' cell membranes. You really think plants are just water?

Just as further proof of how weak a vegan diet is, consider how it's recommended for everyone to take magnesium, potassium, and zinc supplements. This is because overfarming of plants has ruined the mineral content of the soil, and as a result, the plants contain less minerals. The Big Plant industry to ruining the environment and the natural balance between human consumption of plants and the sustainability of the plant species. In short, people are eating too many plants. This is mostly because there's simply too many people on Earth now.

Instead of fighting first world people who consume meat, you ought to be fighting the charities which prop up third world population growth, as this is the number one cause of the overconsumption of both meat and plants. But the consumption of plants affect not only the sustainability of plants, but also meat. Vegans would eventually destroy the Earth and cause a worldwide extinction event for all plants and animals.

All replies from non-Vegans will now be ignored. I asked for help to get my dying dad to go Vegan, not to be convinced otherwise. If you don't want to help save his life, don't comment. Thanks! (:

I'm a vegan.
Going vegan won't do a single thing for your dad's cancer. You're welcome.

What type of cancer does he have?

and on and on we fucking go on this shill rollercoaster.

the only reason to be vegan is empathy and you are on Veeky Forums. Now fuck off.

Dude is 70. Adding 5 years on to old age isnt a good plan. Old age sucks. No one likes being decrepit. Let him eat meat and die happy.

Whatever. I guess I'll just let him eat what he wants even if it means he'll die.

>Soy

ahahahaha enjoy your estrogen

Here's a fool proof plan OP. you just be yourself. Just continue living life as you are right now. That'll probably make him realise that his life is full of failures he created, so what's another failure ? And he will become a vegan

Go rub your pony

Wow, you should present this ground breaking knowledge to cancer researchers.

>USDA says drink 3 glasses of milk a day

That's a lie isn't it?

Let's ask Steve Jobs how effective veganism is at curing cancer. OH, WAIT, YOU CAN'T.

That's not how cancer works stupid.

That cancer was called full blown aids user.

He is almost 70. Let the man enjoy life as he wants it. Not how you want it. Do not force your ideals into someone from a different generation specially if they are on their way out. Let him be.

fucking spot on m8

>How can I convince my dad to go Vegan?
Why do you hate him so much that you want to ruin his health and make him miserable? Or are you just a fucking unappreciative asshole for all the sacrifices he's made to raise you?

Count to 10. Some faggot Vegan just spouted complete illogical 'alternative fact' nonsense.

Humans are objectively OMNIVORES. The science is clear.

Strict vegetarian diets cause MALNUTRITION and COGNITIVE DEFICIT. The science is objectively clear on this, too.

Vegans with PhD's will even tell you that Veganism has NOTHING to do with human health, it's a MORAL CHOICE that actually HARMS human health. Get your shit straight.

People have been eating meat and animal products for MILLIONS OF YEARS and you'll notice that there are more humans than ever. It's as healthy as anything else.

You can be strict vegetarian and STILL be FAT, WEAK, and UNHEALTHY, get CANCER and other diseases like HEART DISEASE and DIE YOUNG. Correlation is not causation.

You vegetarian faggots will objectively ALWAYS be outliers, fringies, and never taken seriously by the masses. GIVE UP and GO AWAY, the more annoying you make yourselves, the more the majority hates you and wants to HURT you, and since you're all weak and ineffectual, you'll just get the crap kicked out of you then cry like the little bitches you are. So go back to your commune, eat your tofu, and STFU.

This.

Old people need lean muscle mass and proper organ function. Switching to veganism late in life is a quick ticket to your funeral.

Is that today's gay and bait thread?

Damn... I should go vegetarian

>Humans are objectively OMNIVORES.
Wrong
>Strict vegetarian diets cause MALNUTRITION and COGNITIVE DEFICIT.
Wrong
>Vegans with PhD's will even tell you that Veganism ... actually HARMS human health.
Wrong
>People have been eating meat and animal products for MILLIONS OF YEARS and you'll notice that there are more humans than ever. It's as healthy as anything else.
People have also not been vaccinating, driving cars, using electricity and the internet, and wore bear skins to keep warm. Just because our ancestors did it doesn't mean we should do it too
>You can be strict vegetarian and STILL be FAT, WEAK, and UNHEALTHY, get CANCER and other diseases like HEART DISEASE and DIE YOUNG.
True, but eating meat, eggs and milk increases the chance
>Correlation is not causation.
True, unless you have mechanistic data, which we do
>You vegetarian faggots will objectively ALWAYS be outliers, fringies, and never taken seriously by the masses.
Wrong. Eating non-lag-grown meat will be illegal in 50 years. Screencap this.
>GIVE UP and GO AWAY
No, fuck you
>the more annoying you make...
The rest is too cringe to seriously reply to

Humans are definitely omnivores. You have fangs you retard.

If you don't take supplemants on a vegan or vegetarian diet you will get malnutrition. There are such things called essential amino acids and essential fats, some of which you can only get in decent quantities from meat, as well as key vitamins which are not found in decent levels in plant or fungal matter.

Humans have evolved around their diet of eating meats, fruits, vegetables, and in some cases milk. To not do so carries health negatives.

Potatoes cause cancer too. Everything causes cancer to some degree. Food is mostly negligible.

We will sooner move to an insect diet than lab meat.

Many vegan food supplements, but soy in particular, contain phytoestrogens, which are plant hormones which are chemically similar enough to estrogen to have a similar action in the human body. So not only will you get malnutrition, you will become a low test beta cuck and/or tranny.

can anyone else confirm or what this guy just trolling.

cancer cells do need glucose but so does your brain tissue. i imagine that a cancer patient doesnt have the fat reserves to get by

ketogenic diets have a lot of problems

youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

>humans aren't omnivores

you are right, we may started as exclusively carrion eaters, but we sure as hell are vegetarian animals

gorillas have fangs and they are herbivores (except some eat ants/termites).

I'm not for veganism/vegetarianism, but this argument is absolutely retarded. If anything, it means humans are primarily fruit eaters.

you do realize most primates also eat small mamals and some birds, right? Baboons being a prime example

I'm not relating gorillas to other primates or humans. I'm saying that fangs are not always an indicator of a species being an omnivore or carnivore.

>baboons eat meat
>chimpanzees eat meat
>gorillas sometimes eat meat
>orangutans sometimes eat meat
See guys, we're supposed to be vegans, the fangs are for whittling.

>third world population
>eating meat as much as first world
they eat mostly offal (the dog food for first world) and amounts of meat you eat daily, they only eat them twice a month

>most primates also eat small mammals
how often they do this? sincerely asking

If I'm 70 and my faggot vegan son even talks to me im moving to an island for the rest of my days

>1c of lentils is 20 cents
horseshit. A bag of lentils is like 2 dollars. only 3 cups in one.

So they eat less meat in these places, does that mean that all third world country also live longer than us?

>If I'm 70 and my faggot vegan son even talks to me im moving to an island for the rest of my days
#GasAndRecycle

Tfw plastics are made out of animals
Tfw Vegans own plastic things

Really activates my almonds

>Count to 36. Someone just died from meat-related heart disease.
Change 36 to 0 and you'll have the amount right because that is a bullshit dietary meme

>Well, yeah, it does cure a lot of stuff.
No, it doesn't
>At least the cancer cells will stop reproducing if he stops eating meat, for one.
No they won't
#
That's more dietary bullshit
#
>True, but eating meat, eggs and milk increases the chance
No, it doesn't
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>(cont.)

>(cont.)
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/

damn look at those ferocious "fangs"

you dont even have to eat meat to be on a keto diet you stupid fuck. in fact you cant even eat that much meat on keto because over 20% protein will KICK YOU OUT OF KETOSIS.

lol no idiot, you only get kicked out of ketosis if you eat like 200g over your goal of protein.

notice how it has a point while incisors do not

STOP BEING A FUCKING CUNT YOU SISSY NU-MALE SON OF A BITCH!
THE OLD MAN IS DYING, LET HIM ENJOY THE REST OF THE LITTLE TIME HE STILL HAS!
MEAT IS GREAT FOR THE BODY! ONLY PROCESSES MEAT IS BAD!
NOW FUCK OFF AND STOP BEING A SHAMEFUL SISSY AND MAN UP!
YOU HAVE TO BE A WOMAN, EVEN FAGGOTS ARE MORE MALE THAN YOU!

brain only needs like 30% or such which is easily provided by bodystores through dead tissue.
I have alot of anecdotal evidence of fasting being effective in treating cancer, and various other minor afflictions but that won't convince anyone so why would I bother.
If anyone is even mildly interested look up the fasting cure by sinclaire published in 1911

Not vegan but, kind a vegetarian

>current year
>eating anything from animals
>not making plant based gains

wew lad

>any year
>not eating meat
To me'od goyim idiotim...

Tov*

>heme iron
>found in meat
>colon cancer
Kek

>That understanding of cancer
Howling

ITT: Popscience understanding of cancer

Read a fucking textbook at least once before you spout shit

A very high amount of Veeky Forumsizens will get cancer because they fell for the "keto" and "GOMAD" memes. This board is actually deadly.

Have you made sure to eat your eggs today, goy? Didn't you hear Joe Rogan say cholesterol helps form growth hormone!!!

>he thinks soy-based estrogen is more dangerous than the estrogen in his mammalian meat

Perhaps if he didn't live in a state of perpetual disappointment at how his son turned out he wouldn't even have cancer.

About those "pus cells" in your milk...
inuddernews.com/2015/01/27/is-there-pus-in-milk/
Thanks for making me check it out tho, gonna drink my chocolate milk still for my ultimate gains

I agree GOMAD is unhealthy, but how about milk in general?

Your dad's so ashamed of having a vegan son his cells are killing themselves to be spared the pain that comes with an awareness of your existence.

That's what you deserve for being a vegan, really. Every last one of you faggots should have to watch your fathers waste away from shame.

I hope he gets dementia too, so you can watch his mind go and think about why you thought it was ok to make ANOTHER fucking vegan thread on Veeky Forums.

Go say bye to daddy now, soyboy.

I wabt him to die but i want it to take a long time and hurt really, really bad.

That's two things veganism can't cure, three if OP killing himself when his dad dies counts.

Print out some studies that show the harmful effects of meat. Focus on cancer studies. Print out some studies that show the beneficial effects of various plant foods. Put them all in a nice binder. On the cover, write "with love, [your name]"

>that room
>a gas chamber

Pick one.

>Tfw plastics are made out of animals
you are smart

surely that point is there so you'll be able to rip open the throat of a live deer when you catch it

Youre fucking retarded. Avoiding meat will not help his cancer. And only processed meat shows an increase of 25% which is tiny.

Milk is safe. The amounts of hormones in it is absolutely miniscule. And its one of the most nutritious food sources we have. People who say milk is unhealthy have a personal agenda against it for some retarded reasons.

This is a herbivorous monkey

Raw milk is safe*

Milk is highly regulated, unless you live in a completely retarded country. You will find more hormones in certain vegetables than milk, and there is no "pus" in the milk. Like some people believe it is.

I wasn't arguing against that, just saying that pasteurised milk is missing a lot of the shit that makes it so good to drink and prevents it from affecting your sinuses

Thanks

He is 70 and has cancer, let him eat whatever makes him smile.
You can't force people to be healthy, ask your med. I'm sure he can apreciate the efforts you do for him but stop.

and that comes from a vegetarian.

Get off his fucking case, asshole. He's fucking 70, he's lived a good long life. Everybody dies, OP. Let him have his fun.

The same claims have been made about sugar. Why do t you mind your fucking business the man is 70. You can find info on sugars practically feeding tumors so do you want him to stop eating meat and carbs? What's left other than vegetables?

Eat meat.