You have three (3) seconds to post the most aesthetic armor in existence

You have three (3) seconds to post the most aesthetic armor in existence

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://s30556663155.mirtesen.ru/comments/42450577151/page
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But you just did

Bikini Armour

>no codpiece
It's shit.

it's fucking boring, plate is the best armor ever invented but also the most faggot looking one

whats with the ballsack on his right elbow?

>he doesn't think Nahua military attire is AESHETIC as fuck

>ywn go into battle with an entire fucking bird strapped to your head
why even live

Those basically served the same purpose that flags/the tufts on roman helmets did:

translate.google.com/translate?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://s30556663155.mirtesen.ru/comments/42450577151/page

First thing that came to mind

>implying armor didn't dissappear with the emergence of better and better firearms that could penetrate it at longer ranges
>implying cavalry didn't continue to wear armor even into WW1
>implying people haven't worn as much armor as is practical for all of human history except for a short period where armor was unable to fulfill its role of protecting the wearer

>as much armor as is practical
To be fair, that pic is arguing (idiotically) that zero armor is practical.

Yes, plenty of very effective warrior cultures didn't wear a ton of armor, usually these are light cavalry, etc, or archers and light infantry of ancient armies.

That said, they always did wear some armor, and at least some fucking clothing.

You'll be shocked at how much just some decent full leather/cloth armor can protect you from. Plus well-made plate armor didn't restrict mobility as much as it seems it would, because its weight is balanced so one part of the body doesn't get more weight than the other.

step aside knaves

> Manju
I love Manchu bows and arms, but the armors are a bit meh.

>Saves Europe

I find it pretty lackluster compared to ornate scale/lamellar armors worn by the Ming.

Damn, that is beautiful. Reminds me a bit of pre-islamic iranian armors.

> lackluster
I like Manchu armor because its a little monotone, but has that rugged steppenigger look.Just imagine a bunch of horsemen doing a cantabrian circle wearing those.

Take yer pick

presumably it protects the right armpit when the lance is held in couched position; you can see that the left shoulder has a plate that the right one doesn't have because the knight wouldn't be able to tuck his lance under his armpit.

say what you want about them but the Germans made the best armor

Late Roman is peak aesthetic.

why did they drop the rectangle shields?

The qing armour is an evolution of ming armour, both the Chinese and Manchu wore similar armour at the end of the Ming dynasty. The Ming used an brigandine version of 's pic as well.

Here's a pic of some early Qing/latter Jin armour, it's basically a mix of Qing and Ming styles.

It hit her tactics and run, if you know what I mean.

>they always did wear some armor

She's wearing SOME.

Greatest body armor in existence coming through.

Not entirely sure. Could be the further barbarization of the army and the changes to the combat it brought, or it might have been more economical. I've always thought that the rectangle shields looked retarded myself. Though I liked the earlier rectangular shields with the curved edges or ends.

GET OUT OF MY WAY MORTALS

Unironically this

this isnt even taking into account body modifications that were commonplace

They switched from buying equipment from private workshops to state-owned factories. So if you want to save shekels, you want to produce shields that every troop type can use instead of one for heavy infantry, one for light infantry, one for heavy cavalry, one for light cavalry, etc. Rectangular shields are only useful for heavy infantry.

The rectangular shields were also terrible for personal defence, which became a more important factor as battles became much smaller and more frequent.

The idea of barbarisation of the army is baloney. It was other groups that adopted Roman equipment and tactics, not the other way round.

Romans had been adopting other civilizations equipment and tactics since it was founded.

Right but their equipment changes in the Late Empire weren't an example of that, with the exception of the introduction of clibinarii.

Unironically the Iron Cavalry

That isn't what people mean when they claim that the Late army was barbarised. They mean that an influx of non-Romanised barbarians into the ranks of the Roman army caused them to abandon their old tactics and equipment and adopt those that their new barbarian soldiery would be more familiar with.

It's an outdated idea, we know now that barbarians from outwith the Empire were never a significant proportion of their forces, the ones they did use were Romanised very quickly, and that the changes in their tactics and equipment that come to a head in the late 4th century have their roots in the immediate aftermath of the Crisis of the Third Century, and they came about as an internal reaction to new modes of warfare and changes in infrastructure, not as a result of foreign presence in the army.

L A T E R O M A N

EASY

Later Oman

>taking the most obvious bait pic in the history of Veeky Forums seriously
pathetic.

>no tabard
that mail gonna get hot.

Body modifications was mostly a Yucatan/Maya region thing, AFAIK; that image is of the Aztec's and related cultures in central mesoamerica, which is like 400 miles away

What the Aztec dude is wearing isn't armor, it's ceremonial wear for the emperor, and not even particularly accurate example of it either

See

*doesn't hear you*

>>not third century roman instead
Plebe.

>I like Manchu armor because its a little monotone, but has that rugged steppenigger look.
The Ming actually had the same type of brigandine armor as the Manchus.

> The Ming used an brigandine version of 's pic as well.
The two piece version was comparatively rarer than the long coat form of armor you've posted,being standarized near the tail end of the Ming dynasty.

>Here's a pic of some early Qing/latter Jin armour, it's basically a mix of Qing and Ming styles.
There's actually a paucity of Ming armors so it's hard to say what features are Qing innovations or retained from the Ming.

>pajama warfare

Battle of hastings was pyjama warfare

>why did they drop the rectangle shields?
Enemies were using deadlier weapons and were better armored, rendering the strategy of hiding behind a big shield and stabbing the enemy with a little sword obsolete.

this is also really dope, Armor of an Officer of the Imperial Palace Guard, 18th century

I've slept in helm and hauberk before. I didn't really notice the hauberk once I got comfy. Helmet was uncomfortable though so I took it off.

that helmet would be awesome if they didn't have that fake face part that tries to make it look like a Corinthian(?) helmet tilted upwards

Pick any of Filippo Negroli's armors.

Yeah it's a helmet for when you want that Hellenic playboy look.

Best ending

>You have three (3) seconds to post the most aesthetic armor in existence
>But you just did

/thread

>the guns are too loud
>my feet hurt
>why did I sign up for this
>nobody will hear me

>leather

The Napoleon carabiniers were Veeky Forums.

The real Veeky Forums heavy cavalry would like a word with you

I've always been a fan of munitions plate

something about how simple it is appeals to me