The bars at my gym are rated to 1500lbs. Is there any conceivable reason to load a bar past 1500lbs?

The bars at my gym are rated to 1500lbs. Is there any conceivable reason to load a bar past 1500lbs?

1510Ib deadlift

Yeah if you've been lifting past a year

>tfw not at 1/2/3/16 yet

One day you may decide to build a bridge out of barbells.
Pro-tip: you will eventually build the barbell bridge if your goal is to leave humanity behind.

Took me 2 years to get to 16 pl8 diddy
Kill me

You'd be more likely to squat or bench 1500lbs than you ever would be to deadlift it.

Lateral raises for me.

rack pulls above the knee

is there any reason not to?

uhhh explain

dl has always been my strongest lift

>not squatting a ton for reps
>not gonna make it

At the international level, all the strongest (fattest) lifters squat more than they deadlift

Curls

In case Brad Castleberry stops by

It's almost like being fat gives you better squat leverages than dl leverages

nah, but if a bar is rated to 1500lbs, and another bar is rated to 1000lbs, it tells me something about how bendy the bar would be if I tried to lift 500lbs.

rack pull above the knee is the only correct answer

Because if you drop it on the floor or on pegs in some istsnces the bar will experience forces greater than 1500 lbs. Usually bar strength is measured by tensile strength anyway. Is the bar a cheap knockoff brand?

In case my boy Hemingway drops by to demonstrate his famous 1501lb ohp

Current world records for both squats and bench press are higher than the dead lift world record

>he's never shared a 16pl8 squat with his bro
ISHYGDDT

Probably, it's my shitty 24hr gym's own brand, IDK who the manufacturer is
I feel like 'rated to 1500lbs' should include being dropped from 10 feet loaded with 1500lbs, but I doubt that any but speciality PL/oly bar manufacturers would care

Most I've seen lifted IRL is 900 pound deadlift.

Most Squat I've seen was I think in the upper 600s.

Most bench was 450.

>if

grip strength and also fat padding

kek

powerlifting suits are better for squats and bench i guess

You will never reach that

Underrated