>mom is getting fatter and keeps eating ice cream
>she sneaks out and gets junkfood
>can't stop her
>she's in her mid 60s killing herself with food
>father late 60s is doing the same top it off with alcohol
>I'm the only health thinker in the house
anyone know this feel?

Get them to eat insects instead

IKTF and there's fuckall I can do about it, so I stopped caring.

same here user

My mom's too lazy to go out to get junk food so if I don't get it for her she doesn't eat it.

My Dad does this. He tried here and there and always says he needs to lose weight. He's about 230 at 5'7 but never does. He over eats . If he cooks a meal he will just overeat like crazy like enough for 5 people. He works alot at the farm so he's fairly active but not active enough to keep his gut down.

He says he'd rather enjoy the time he has left and eat the foods he likes instead of being healthy and living a year or two more. He quit smoking at 60 which was pretty good so proud of him about that. He's 65 now. Hypertension and on a ton of meds.

my dad is an alcoholic who gets drunk and says horrible things to my sisters and mother. the other day he got wasted and after my sister told him to stop telling her to shut up as she was trying to have a conversation with my mom, he went fullblown drunk angry dad mode and started telling my other sister hes gonna die before her wedding next year and that my uncle will have to walk her down the aisle and that he prays for his dead mother (my grandmother) to come take him away. he never eats healthy food and he constantly is stressed out and yelling at us about some inconsequential shit, i can recall dozens of times hes gotten pissed off at me in my life over meaningless stuff. once he made me cry when i was hanging out with my elementary school friends, i was wearing new umbro soccer shorts and he came home from work and i was excited to see him and the first thing he did was tell me im going to rip my shorts by sitting on the pavement with my friends, i just thought of this because today he was getting pissed off as he vaccuumed the house for the 2nd or 3rd time this week and then told me angrily hes not going to buy me a new mattress when i ruin mine by sleeping on it without a proper bedcover. he also told me angrily hes not going to buy me a new vehicle when it blows up because i didnt get an oil change immediately on the date specified. hes like that, just a complete asshole. i broke my neck in a car accident and have been living in chronic pain for years and when i cried and begged him for help for money for a surgery he told me that its not realistic and that i just need to deal with it and that instead of smoking pot to help with my pain i should drink alcohol.

hes just a piece of shit and i cant stand him. its going to be sad and pathetic when he finally gets seriously sick and is dying and is scared after all these times of longingly asking for death. hes a bastard.

shiet

become the man he isn't bro

When I lived at home my parents thought they were eating right but they had no idea about nutrition. They thought chocolate biscuits can be part of a healthy lifestyle.
I'd come home and cook a steak and my mom would say "are you eating steak again user, all that red meat is bad for you. Now come and eat chocolate biscuits with the rest of the family"

Honestly, after 60 your death year is more or less set in stone. So might as well live as you've been living before that

Good, if they're still in their mid-60's, then that means they haven't burned through too much of their retirement accounts. Nice fat inheritance for you, OP. You should feed your mom extra ice cream.

My parents are the same way user

My mom at least is really into hiking so she burns it off but my dad does nothing but sit on the couch eat junk food and watch tv he is a man child slowly killing himself

>retirement account
Those don't exist anymore. Gotta spend spend spend all your money, when you retire, social security will pay for you

*axes out to life insurance policy
*bring home Oreos and a massive tub of ice cream
>mom would you like another scoop with that?

>tfw my mom can't even walk
>my dad is a alcoholic
enjoy your parents user. I love my mum to death but having to get the wheel chair out and hand her things she drops because she can't pick it up is taxing because it's a full time job.

my dad died from alcoholism.
hitting the gym and just, overall, not being home was my way of escape from him

>anyone know this feel?
Absolutely. My mom has terrible eating habits, and only for the last year or so have I been shaping up, because my grandmother ate herself to suffering and death.

My mother always talks about how she needs to lose weight, so she'll order a salad, put a shit ton of dressing on it, then order other things anyway. She's a fucking moron, honestly.

I'm not 60, but I'm stuck between bettering myself and relapsing into binge drinking and eating out. I've managed to lose 120lbs since I started, but I'm stuck at 235 because I keep sabotaging myself, but not enough to jump up to 240s again. A part of me loves not feeling as shit, but a part of me keeps saying I don't deserve anything good and I should end up dead by 30. Those are my dad's words, even if my voice is saying it, and I need to stop forgetting that.

man, you lost 120lbs! we all have ups and downs. junkies trying to get clean relapse all the time yet you cant give up. think of how good you will feel when you get down to a healthy weight!!! keep going user!

im trying to but i have my slipups and my own struggles with chemical dependencies

its hard and sometimes it gets really tough and feels like i have nobody to turn to but you are right, i have to be strong. thanks for replying anons

>dad is a smoker, has been for years
>has started coughing bad
>like 2 minute coughing fits sometimes
h-help

> lose 100lbs
> parents take an interest in cleaning up their act
> mom loses 20lbs
> dad, former chad, starts swimming, looses 50lbs
> dad later becomes a swim instructor for the elderly

Feels pretty good.

My mom started a new diet around the time I started lifting and goes to the gym almost daily for pump/yoga classes. She's been buying much healthier food too, our fridge is full of egg whites and greek yogurt.

Dad eats like shit and drinks lots of beer but plays sports still and occasionally goes on a hike, looks fairly in shape for a guy his age.

>mom is unhealthy and unable to put on weight
>getting worse doctor says she will be in hospital soon

Feels bad man :(

>Mother goes and does meme functional training.

Hey at least he's doing something.

She's*

Bane?

Both parents are slowly degrading in health. My brothers keep telling them to go exercise, im here hoping they exercise go soon. Theres a park and a gym both about only about 1 minute away in a car.

They are just trying to speed down to the end of this hellish ride.