YOU ARE EATTING TOO MUCH SODIUM

>vast majority of
adults eat more sodium than they should—an
average of more than 3,400 mg each day

>American govt - The Daily Value for sodium is less than 2,400 milligrams (mg) per day

Why aren't you cutting down on your sodium intake Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/sodium-salt-and-you
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-jQ8OBXko
bloodpressureuk.org/microsites/salt/Home/Whysaltisbad/Saltseffects
youtube.com/watch?v=_6hVgCgRWbM
youtube.com/watch?v=f8-qkrenQr0
eathropology.com/category/salt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Veeky Forumsizens are going to try to say le no proof. Fact is all the sodium in processed food is bad. We eat too much sodium as it is everyone needs to cut down.

Sodium gives me that joocy pump.
D-David Laid said so.

>mfw intentionally overconsume sodium in order to bloatmaxx for dat dere girthmog

What's wrong with sodium, Veeky Forums?

Redpill me.

Too much sodium is bad and you should definitely monitor your intake. That said, if you overdue it, make sure to drink a lot of extra water. It will alleviate the effects of excess sodium to an extent.

>tfw salt is delicious
fuck me mang

bloating
hypertension

Most sodium comes from processed food not the table salt everyone should try to cut down on processed foods and drink more water.

I'm marathon training, my doctors told me to just go crazy with salt on my food since I sweat so much. They said I am not getting anywhere near enough in my normal diet.

If you aren't hypertensive, then you don't need to worry about sodium, also if you have any athletic performance goals, you want to ingest a decent amount of salt

Also if you don't consume enough salt it can lead to insulin resistance

>Also if you don't consume enough salt
How much is enough?

Just drink more water and it's a non-issue. Like literally irrelevant. No adverse health effects, nothing. Just drink more water you pussy

not him but I read a good amount is 1500mg

>not wanting sick pumps, vascularity, and generally full muscle bellies
>not wanting to be properly hydrated
>believing the United States government

That's the minimum amount you need you shouldn't get over 2500ish

If you count calories on mfp odds arw you'll see you're wayy over that.

Pic related is garbage food you shouldn't eat on a daily basis

>tfw those are all your favorite foods

After cutting out caffeine and cutting down on sugar, it's literally impossible for me to also cut down on sodium
I'll have nothing left to enjoy

health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/sodium-salt-and-you

Tl:dr - eat less salt unless of course you sweat buckets or work in heat

You just have to get the reduced sodium/sodium free sauces and snacks.

you mean the ones that taste like cardboard?

ahh the good old "you are eating too much salt" myth.

salt is easily expelled out of the body through both urine and skin. So as long as you stay hydrated its nearly impossible to have "too much" unless you are eating like an entire bag of super salty chips with nothing to drink upon which likely you'll vomit anyways since salt in high quantities is treated as toxin to the body anyways

Post sources? Everything I'm reading is saying it's not a good idea. I can't find one that says it doesn't matter and you can drink more water. Aren't you going to retain more fluid that way?

One time I ate a tablespoon of salt and threw up blood. Anyone know why that is?

because you have/had internal bleeding
the salt was coincidental

spooky

literally just drink water nigga.

I deliberately increase my salt intake

drink more water and sweat everything out

That bird and that burger aren't bad. Only ones real real bad are the bread and pizza.

>muh gobernment say too much salt increase hypertension and cardiac issues
>Deh rec 2'400 mg max to prevent heart strain
>Dey ignore duh fact that low sodium intake increase total mortality rate

Listen to the gov, you will die, but at least you can increase the chance of dying from something other than heart disease.

Recent study said high sodium can lead to weight loss. Would link but too lazy Google it

>eating cold cuts
>wanting cancer
no thx man

Provide source.

>wanting asshole cancer

>Provide source.

Fuck off. I'm not going to Google and link to the same shit you could have found in less time than it took you to post that.

Sodium is litrelly creatine, drink enough water and you'll be good.

Because it doesn't exist

Nothing is wrong with sodium. All these studies just look at who is the most hypertensive or at risk for heart attack then notice that they consume a lot of sodium. No one has ever directly correlated sodium consumption to heart disease or any other medical problems. The Soviets actually did sodium intake studies on cosmonauts by giving a control population of recruits 4g a day then another group 8g then another 12g a day. There was no effect on blood pressure and curiously the 12g a day group ended up drinking the least water of all the test subjects, but showed no signs of dehydration.

Like a few people have mentioned, processed foods contain high levels of sodium; and the most unhealthy people eat the most processed food. Population studies lead to really bad medical advice from the government. See the food pyramid's recommendation to make grains a plurality of your diet for an example. Recently its been shown, I forget where actually, that eating under 2.5g a day increases all cause mortality in the population. The exception is a single digit percentage of the country who are 'salt sensitive' and aren't effective at eliminating sodium from their body, but the recommendations for them are not applicable to the healthy population.

I too enjoy the wisdom of Stan Efferding.

lol im coverd in salt from evaporated sweat after running

just white streaks going down my face

>unless of course you sweat buckets

do elaborate, I've recently started sweating way more than usual

Look up stan efferdings videoes on salt.

>If you aren't hypertensive, then you don't need to worry about sodium

Even without raising blood pressure, salt damages the arteries

youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-jQ8OBXko

>All these studies just look at who is the most hypertensive or at risk for heart attack then notice that they consume a lot of sodium

The relationship between sodium and blood pressure is both verifiably causal and obvious.

bloodpressureuk.org/microsites/salt/Home/Whysaltisbad/Saltseffects
youtube.com/watch?v=_6hVgCgRWbM

>Recently its been shown, I forget where actually, that eating under 2.5g a day increases all cause mortality in the population.

Look up the phrase "reverse causation"

youtube.com/watch?v=f8-qkrenQr0

>eat a tiny cupcake
>scan with calorie counting app
>1700g of salt
why are they still doin this shit

I meant mg obviously

>

you lose salt through sweating so it's a good idea to replace it, but the average person doesn't need to worry about consuming more sodium since they're probably consuming too much as it is

do it, pussy

Chances are if you're cooking your own food your sodium levels are well below that.

Only reason its an issue is because its shoved into basically everything ready-made, just like sugar.

Unless you also salt your food to taste. A few sprinkles of salt at each meal can add up to a lot of sodium.

Stop shilling that jewish vegan.
It's nothing but biased, dishonest and subversive disinfo.

ah okay, I thought you might be insinuating sweating loads is somehow related to high/low sodium intake.

>It's biased

What, against the salt industry? It's just reviewing the evidence and explaining misconceptions.

Ok how much salt should i have? Cap at 2.4ish?

>The sodium is the problem with processed food
Your priorities are spasticated

the reason people eat "too much" sodium is because the average person is sedentary as fuck.

Lifting 3-5 times a week doesn't make you not sedentary btw.

Then it's a good thing I drink lots of water and take potassium supps.

Different user, but thought this was interesting.

eathropology.com/category/salt/

Its really easy to eat less than 2400 a day. Dont eat out alot and cook your own meals. Thats it.

>ifting 3-5 times a week doesn't make you not sedentary btw.

This desu. Gym rat shouldn't be consuming 4000+. If you're training for a a marathon or some shit yeah you need more

>just checked my sodium intake for the day
>3454mg
Eh, it's not too bad. Also 2400mg are based on a 2000 calorie diet. My tdee is around 2600 so my sodium intake should be around 3120mg

>what is renin angiotensine system

I put 1/4th a teaspoon of salt in my half cup of oats every morning. Can't stand them if I go any lower.
>tfw you've ruined your palate