Is our current generation becoming more Veeky Forums...

Is our current generation becoming more Veeky Forums? I feel like half the people I went to hs and the majority of people at college lift on a regular basis.

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/03/less-than-3-percent-of-americans-live-a-healthy-lifestyle/475065/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, but only the men. The women are fatter than ever.

I want a fit highschool bf. I want him to use my mouth to pump his baby batter from his sweaty, horny balls which writhe with hormonal lust.

Quite the opposite

There are more people into recreational fitness but the baseline physical fitness level is lower for the general populace.

Obesity, terminal disease, and chemical dependency are at all time highs. Sedentary lifestyle is the new norm.

I know what you mean, but keep in mind how relative this all is. The previous few generations have all been plagued with morbid obesity so that's a pretty low bar.

i suppose so but i think there's a little bit of a fitness craze similar to the 80's. A good amount of people lifting to look good on instagram and fb.

Nowadays since information is more widely available on lifting through an easy Bing search people are finding it easier to achieve their goals.

>bing search

I live in a semi 3rd-world country and most people here always play lots of sports and a smaller bunch lift.

people are becoming more superficially good looking due to the vanity explosion of fitness and instagram gym culture, but very few folks are actually following paradigms of overall health, performance, and fitness.

there is a huge difference between having the average body built by test and tren and doing your body part split versus actually becoming athletically better and performing on a higher level than the average normie with their hashtags #fitlife

Seems like all my peers from highschool are either full blown instagram fitness model tier or they're trying to eat themselves into a coma, with very little middleground.

>started lifting in 09
>new fags came to the gym in 2012
reeeeeee

from college experience

tons of males are lifting weights nowadays whether for sports or for recreational/aesthetic purposes

and tons of girls are hitting the treadmill and in rare cases lifting weights

seems about right

my guess would be a bigger percentage of people who try to make it actually make it since information is more available.

BUT

a larger percentage of those who dont try to make it end up totaly out of shape due to jobs and hobbies being less pysical

Where I live, about 70%-80% of males here are gym-goers or partake in regular physical exercise; about 20-30% females here are likewise.

I feel like zyzz truly started a revolution. He inspired so many which in turn inspired even more and the cycle continues.

There's a lot more free time, less household chores, less manual labor, less children to raise

People have realised you can't just sit around, your back starts to ache, you look and feel like shit.

So they do highly focused training

The overall level of sport is probably as high as its ever been

Brazil here. I'd say a third or so of the dudes 18-35 I know work out, but usually with no visible signs of doing so.

Are you in America?

In my opinion there is a growing divide.

There are a large amount of people, growing, that seriously into fitness, they all hang out with each other and generally are better off.

Then there are the people that just don't care at all, are constantly getting fatter, poorer, etc..

The middle ground is shrinking.

>tfw no Virginie Ledoyen gf
Sigh.

And..

>Is our current generation becoming more Veeky Forums?
It seems to come in waves. Bodybuilding was briefly so in vogue in the 80s/early 90s that work out clothes were actually chic for a while there. Bodybuilders like Mike Christian actually started the genie pants trend (that is now thankfully long out of style). Back then it seemed like working out was the cool thing. Now it's more the result of looking fit. That's an important distinction. Zyzz would not necessarily have been a hero back in the day, even if we had good internet back then.

>The middle ground is shrinking

The Veeky Forums divide is part of the death of the American middle class. I've recently moved from a shitty part of Philadelphia to a nice area in NYC, and the differences are stark. Poor people are getting fatter, eating shittier food, and exercising less while rich people focus on eating whatever fad diet is popular and constantly posting their fitness achievements. Surprisingly, I've found that poor black males are the group with the most buff people, while black women are generally fat. I'd safely say that women in my current neighborhood are literally half the weight of the women in my previous neighborhood.

Out of my class of 42 people, only me and three other dudes who went to the same gym lifted, so less than 10% of the total. The rest practiced sports or were sedentary.

>Surprisingly, I've found that poor black males are the group with the most buff people, while black women are generally fat.

How did this suprise you that is the actual sterotype

Depends what country you are from: theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/03/less-than-3-percent-of-americans-live-a-healthy-lifestyle/475065/

>Study: Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Live a ‘Healthy Lifestyle’

y-you too

>using jewgle

>Bing search

M$ pls go

That, and the fact we're living in the information age. Every home computer is basically a QoL enhancement dispenser. It's just a matter of inputting a search question.

>Bing search

>Surprisingly, I've found that poor black males are the group with the most buff people, while black women are generally fat.

Of course they're buff or lean, user. Stealing people's shit and running away, or ditching the cops, requires a lot of lifting and cardio

They're getting Veeky Forums but they're not really getting fit. They'll stop lifting when they settle down, and when their body can't produce aesthetic results, their lack of intrinsic motivation will shine through in the absence of extrinsic motivation. Cardio as recreation is dying except among the upper class, who, stunner, live longer fuller lives.

Statistics says otherwise. It's becoming more extreme. Either very fit or outright fat.

this is aus

>I feel like

If you spend a lot of time in the gym it always seems that way. I train at home and have no training partners and am surrounded by "average" people, they're nowhere near Veeky Forums. As soon as 25 years old hits it seems like 40% of people stop giving a fuck

Going through the past 6 or so years, I'm pretty sure we had something to do with the increased role of "fitness" in mainstream culture.