Essentials for a home Gym ?

essentials for a home Gym ?

Pics will be posted of what i have...

2w

That's a piece of shit.

If all you care about is doing a few main compound lifts, then you can buy a proper home gym buy getting a power-rack, and nice quality bench and bars.

If you want to bodybuild unless you're rich and have lots of space you should just goto a normal gym like everyone else.

mind giving me the exact names of those things that you are talking about im new and i really want to body build....

>He fell for the power rack meme

Just buy some fucking 300lb resistance bands and a pullup bar and you literally have a mobile gym that you can take with you anywhere.

Lol this is the truth, I have an old friend who is shredded from just using bands and exercising / strict diet

user, you have no friends.

Haha had that one coming didn't I

It is false though, I have 2 friends and even a girl type friend

what can i do with resistance bands ?

is there some pic or sight that gives you an idea ?

should have just bought the xrs20 in the original pic, then an olympic barbell and weights
can do bench press, all your inclines/declines, and squats
that's all you need

>essentials for a home Gym ?
Ranked from absolutely essential to nice to have:

#1 A good barbell and at least 100 kg of weight.
This will give you almost endless exercise options.

#2 A rack.
You can get a squat rack with low enough setting so you can also use it for bench pressing, but a power rack/cage is preferable, as it offers better safety, the ability to press, pull, squat and row from pins, as well as somewhere to mount #3. Even if all you have is a rack, a barbell and 100 kg of weight you can get excellent results.

#3 Gymnastics rings (or TRX).
You can do a million top tier exercises on these, especially for your upper body. Dips, push-ups, rows, pull-ups. But also smaller important exercises that can help keep your joints healthy.

#4 An adjustable bench.
A bench isn't essential as you can press a barbell simply lying on the floor or standing up. But the bench gives you more options, and not just for pressing exercises.

#5 Everything else.
I have a couple of kettlebells and some resistance bands. Once again because these few things give me a top of choices. If money isn't much of an issue, dumbbells would be nice to have. Specialty bars are great too such as a football bar/Swiss bar. I've got one and absolutely love it.

thank you

>that preacher bench

pros: constant force from levered weights
cons: only works at one or two angles

Cable machine is superior, but freeweights are pretty decent if you alternate arms and cheat with your other arm helping.

>100 kg of weight
>endless exercise options
after a week you'd need more weight just to continue deadlift progression

OP here ive fucking noticed i fucking need so many weights already and its only been a week

Can someone redpill me on resistance bands? Not much of an investment, but is it entirely just a useless meme?

Don't be so narrow minded. Progress your regular deadlift as you would until 100 kg becomes easy, then change to a more challenging exercise variation. When you can do 100 kg for reps in either a single leg deadlift or in a snatch grip high pull, you'll be an absolute monster.
Same thing for squats, yes 100 kg isn't a whole lot for a back squat, but when you can bang out sets of 20 reverse lunges with a 100 kg on your back, you will have bigger and stronger legs than anybody you'll ever meet.

I'm talking about endless exercise options and your response is centered around the exact opposite; one exercise.

most people can squat their bodyweight as soon as they learn how to squat
which means a chubby person immediately needs more than 100kg on day one

>can't do the basic lifts with the suggested weight
>durr just do 'em with one leg xD

Shut the fuck up. "Most people" can't even get into a proper squat on day one. Get off the internet.

I use them mainly for shoulder prehab exercises and occassionally for light high rep arm work. They're also useful for adding resistance to e.g. push-ups. If you're a fat fuck they can assist you during pull-ups.
I also bigger bands for mobilization techniques, but that's semi-advanced stuff.

Single leg deadlifts are legit.

what are kettlebells even used for?
i thought it was some shit that girls use

They have numerous applications.

Keeping joints happy: Turkish get-ups, windmills, armbars, prying goblet squats, overhead carries etc. This is the kind of stuff that keeps you going instead of breaking down from all that heavy lifting over the years. New lifters won't understand this.

Regular strength/hypertrophy training: cleans, presses, snatches, rows.

Conditioning: swings mostly.

At the end of the day it's just a weighted implement really. For most exercises it doesn't matter whether you use kettlebells or dumbbells, but some exercises feel better with one or the other. For me, I like to do some of the classical kettlebell lifts such as TGU's and they just feel better with a KB than with a DB. Plus KBs are cheaper. But there's nothing magical about them and they won't replace a barbell.

What can you do for legs?

i bought one of these for my home gym the other day boy

What can you do with that that can't be done with just a barbell?

i bought it to fix my benching form i have a lopsided form when benching with the bar + i like using this machine for shoulder press

mate, just get these and build off it
Olympic barbell (never standard)
Bumper plates or iron plates 140kgs worth
power rack with pull up and dip bar - maybe band pegs
and a solid adjustable bench with leg extension and or a preacher curl attachment

these things also help
kettlebells
dip belt
proper flooring
resistance bands

Unless you have the money to buy fixed dumbells, dont bother with adjustable ones.

why never standard?
surly a bars a bar

i rack pull off safety arms on my rogue squat stand

held 220kg easily, i dont have more weight

real answer is barbell, weights and squat stand
safeties recommended if you dont feel suicidal

i wouod have decapitated myself twice already benching if not for safeties. but who knows maybe adrenaline would make me break PR

its a double edged sword

20 lunges with 100kg of weight on your back is easy way to cripple yourself

i bought a proper rack, oly bar, set of plates (1.25-25) and a bench. i think this should be enough to get me through the first 6-9 months of 5x5 only and then lets see if i need DBs or something.
gotta get my noobgains first.

It is if you can't do it, it isn't if you can.

my pieces of equipment

>tfw blasting heavy ass music, lifting weights shouting and headbanging

soon ill reach Eric Bugenhagen mode amiright

its a risk reward thing.

lunges are good exercise, but i rather get more weight and do RDLs and proper squats

uwot

Nice

>tfw enough money to build a nice homegym but no space in appartment left

Barbell, adjustable dumbbells, adjustable bench, pullup bar and weights. Literally all you need.

ahh yes lets all post our home gyms..

Shit bends with anything over 90 lbs lol

yeah i guess it bends abit over time
i always deadlift 300+ on my standard bars though lol
made a video couple days ago of me hitting 375 x 5 on it

>not having deadlift bar with whip

its like you want to limit ur gains

I purchased the same equipment starting out, all you need.

what did he mean by this

barbell, rack, weights, bench, pull up bar

It came
It came

>amiright

kys

sort yourself out, user

CLEAN
UP
YOUR
ROOM

this shit's disgusting
just go outside and run cuckboi
i also would get a preacher curl bar instead of this gay shit

>using an elliptical instead of a bike on a turbo trainer

to echo what everyone else has said:
stall mats
power rack with a pull-up bar
bench (i get by with just a very solid flat bench)
Olympic barbell
weights
gymnastic rings
selection of bands (e.g. for prehab, some isolations like face pulls and lateral raises)

barbell, power cage, bench, 500lbs of weight

should be enough to make a man out of you and then you can buy additional 45s when you need them

Good post. But I'd give up my bar and all my plates before I'd lose my bells. The amount of work you can do with kettle bells and nothing else is limitless. Also, the Turkish Getup may be the greatest excersice ever. It's certainly the best excersice that fit isn't doing. A 500lb deadlift is cool but someone doing get ups with a 97lb bell is a godamn animal.

Is an adjustable bench mandatory for beginners? I'm on a budget and the flat bench that I want to buy seems to be of a higher quality than the adjustable one.

not the guy you're asking, but: i had a fairly crap adjustable bench from York (13-in-1 or some shit) and switched to a better quality flat bench and i don't feel like i'm missing anything

the main exercises you'd be missing out on with an adjustable bench are: incline/decline bench press, incline/decline flies, chest-supported rows, seated OHP (with back support), back hyperextensions, etc.

some adjustable benches also have 'preacher' attachments that'll make it easier to do preacher curls

it's up to you whether those kinds of exercises are indispensable or not

+foam roller, squash ball, horse trailer mats to protect the floor

Thanks user, you're amazing!

i dunno man.

i just looked it up
>position your face directly in the path of the kettlebell and the force of gravity
the fuck?

Op, that looks like a pretty joke bench. Honestly, the best single piece of equipment is a power rack and an adjustable bench. You can Squat and bench press on one machine, and probably add other attachments to do other exercises. Get pads to dead lift on. If you get a good variety of standard plates you can also get a ez bar to curl/French press with. That will probably be enough to get really strong with. But if you're looking to body build, it's going to cost a whole lot more.

I have this, it's a piece of shit. Send it back before you put it together. Trust me.

Messyasfuck/10. Clean your shit up dude

i just bought these and recommend them

Really?
i was gunna get some of those once but then someone told me that apparently they break easily

they do. Disregard any new goy who just fell for them.