How the fuck did they look so good without a gym?

how the fuck did they look so good without a gym?

they may have had no gym and hated physical labor, but shit was still labor intensive in those days
also most greek men participated in the military at some point

Sandow based all his techniques on the ancients its the only way to look like that.

>Get me soldier, his arms will be taught with muscle
>Get me an oarsman, his back and delts will be strong
>Get me a swimmer, his abs and chest will jute out
>Get me a man of burden, his legs will carry the weight of the world
They just used a fuck ton of references. Sometimes the body of the person will be inconsistent because of this. Also
>Get me a man with a lil'pecker

No BPA in their food back then.

"lil peckers" were signs of self-control lol

they didnt have soy in everything they ate or drank

1. They did have gymnasia.

2. You don't need a gymnasium to be and stay fit.

/inane thread

But they do have gyms. Greeks do weighted training for sports and war regularly.

This

You won't reach his look without roids

hahahaha look at this dood

You won't look like that at all because Hercules is ~10ft (~3.17m) tall there.

The only thing that's really outstanding about his physique (ignoring his height and how perfect he is) is his abdominal area and pelvis. Everything else is a slightly exaggerated version of what is physically possible if you were 10 feet tall, had a fantastic diet, and worked out all day whilst being genetically gifted.

Compare the Farnese Hercules to Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime. Note the pecs and deltoids.

That's pretty achievable natty

It's not. Size? Yes. That size at low bodyfat? No. Don't delude yourself.

Gym literally comes from the Greek word gymnasion

That's Hercules: a mythical, idealized figure.
"They" didn't look like this much at all.

Being the son of Zeus helped

They had gyms

>Sometimes the body of the person will be inconsistent because of this.
I know this feel. Who else /man of burden body/ here?

No Soy back then

This.

Also this gymnasium comes from the Greeks.

Most Greek men were not in that type of shape and many too young and old to serve in the levy according to Xenophon.

> As for numbers,' he said, `of course as great a force might march out of some other city also; but armies made up of citizens1 include men who are already advanced in years and others who have not yet come to their prime. Furthermore, in every city very few men train their bodies, but among my mercenaries no one serves unless he is able to endure as severe toils as I myself.' Xen. Hell. 6.1.5

In fact Xenophon tells us that men who trained their bodies were the subject of mockery in Athens.

>“That means that it is a long march for our city to perfection. For when will Athenians show the Lacedaemonian reverence for age, seeing that they despise all their elders, beginning with their own fathers? When will they adopt the Lacedaemonian system of training, seeing that they not only neglect to make themselves fit, but mock at those who take the trouble to do so? Xen. Mem. 3.5.15
In order to cultivate a body like the OP's picture you needed a special diet and be able to have the time to train your body. Most Greeks, aside from the leisure class, had no time to do that.

Bet they weren't mocking the Lacedaemonians when they lost the Peloponnesian war.

What about Spartans? They wouldn't be as huge as that statue, but they would at least be in shape.

psssst. google Lacedaemon.

>without a gym

Yes, they would be in shape. Xenophon describes their fitness regime here:
Xen. Const. Lac. 2.5-6, 5.3, 5.8-9

>implying you wouldn't look like that doing nothing but wrestle your mates naked all day.

the Xenophon larper and his copy-pastas

LARPer? Wut. If you have any problem with the statement why not refute it instead of giving weird statements

The Greeks knew about exercise, there are hundreds of references to it, although the one I remember is about the guy who always talked about how his dog followed him around when he was making gainz

This

>300 BC
>having a big dick
what are you?
some kind of faggot barbarian?

came here looking for this post.
where does OP think the word Gymnasium comes from?

>lil dick bix NOOD

>2017
>Having a big dick
what are you?
some kind of faggot barbarian?

Pure Nordic genes

They didn't. They were just massive fags.