So Mark Rippetoe says this

So Mark Rippetoe says this.

>If you’re going to wear gloves when you lift just make sure they match your purse

If you're an actual women and want to keep your hands soft, what's the matter with gloves?

>make sure they match your purse
>purses are for women
>connects purses to lifting gloves
>implies wearing lifting gloves is a feminine activity
>implies that wanting to keep your hands soft is feminine
>you want to keep your hands soft
>you are a woman
>you are feminine
Why would you even ask this question?

Mark Rippetoe is an obese man who advocates drinking one gallon of milk daily.

Not a great source of life lessons

Saying "make sure they match your purse" is just yet another way for the macho meathead to call you a pussy.

It's not a comment intended for women, it's an insult.

>unless you ruin some part of your body you're not a man!
sounds more like a gender confused queer to me

do my gloves and purse have to match my squat plug?

it was actually arnold that said it first

in seriousness, I have a fucked up nerve in the palm of my hand, and always wear gloves when pressing from a flat bench.

there are legit reasons to wear them, but not wanting calluses is not one of them

>not wanting calluses is not one of them
And that's not a legitimate reason because... you say so? Sorry for not wanting crusty labor worker hands. Enjoy not being able to finger a girl ever because your fingers feel like sandpaper.

>tough leather hands
>"ruining"

>he thinks women like getting fingered by a cloth worm
Found the virgin.

I have soft hands and everyone compliments me when shaking my hand, tells me they're softer than a woman's.

if you're getting callus primarily on your fingers and not your palms, you're doing something incorrectly.

crusty labor worker hands is what separates whitemen from the jews

the jews themselves acknolwedge this

don't wear gloves
>they make you look like a pussy
>you'll miss out on callus gains
>you'll miss out on proper grip strength

Nothing. My wife hates rough hands, so I wear gloves.

>>they make you look like a pussy
subjective. i dgaf what other people think.
>>you'll miss out on callus gains
how is that bad?
>>you'll miss out on proper grip strength
dubious.

Wrong. Arnold said milk is for babies. Men drink beer.

"The only thing separating white from Jew is that whites do manual labor"

And the Jews themselves agree with this you say?

Those aren't compliments user

Mark Rippetoe couldn't even jog a mile. Why the fuck are you listening to him about anything?

>enjoy not being able to finger a girl ever

I finger my girl all the time though. Where the fuck are you getting callouses? do you not understand how to hold a bar?

If you have normal man hands you can get away with not wearing any gloves, but if you have really soft skin, like baby butt skin, from not doing a day's work in your life, your skin will start to crack no matter how you hold the bar.

True but he can do 6 plate which is more then most people.

how can somebody actually have skin that soft though?

fuck, why even bother working out? if you're that feminine just become a fucking twink

When will someone need to pick up 6 plates in real life? He's fat, old, and most importantly out of shape.

he's in shape to pick up 500lbs and do 15 chin ups at age 60 or whatever

i'm not a huge Rippetoe fan but he's in fantastic shape for an old man who doesn't give a fuck about training anymore

you'd love that wouldn't you ;)

He's a kipping nigger when it comes to chinups and that video was almost 10 years ago.

>there are actually """people""" defending wearing lifting gloves in this thread

Rough callused hands imply that you've worked hard, that you're just a common man who has had to overcome obstacles and face adversity in his life. Smooth baby hands implies that you've lived a sheltered life, you're afraid or unwilling to work hard or deal with problems that need fixing.

jesus christ are you 12? you can work hard and become a doctor, lawyer, computer scientist, engineer, businessman. literally every profession today consists of sitting in an office. this aint' the 17th century anymore we have machines for hard work.

you don't have tough leather working man hands tho. you have bitch calluses in oddly secific locations. real work makes your whole hand rough. you want people to think you're a hard working man but you're actually a bitch.

look man I know it's tough but unless you can pull 500lbs and do 15 chinups at like 250lbs, you are objectively in worse shape and physically weaker than an old ass man who drinks too much

>what separates whitemen from the jews
circumcision does this
if you disagree, ok you might be muslim

Gloves do dick for hand softness. Grip the bar beneath your calluses instead of above and you'll never get them again.

Apart from mitigation of sweat on the bar, gloves have zero uses. Chalk is 100x better.

But you just went to the sterile and safe gym to get rough hands. You didn't learn any new insight on human suffering or achieve self actualization. What struggle did you overcome? You struggled with a 1plt bench.

Do whats comfortable for you, don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says about it.

This guy reads Nietzsche.

not everyone wants to be a hundred percent natty fucking beast

>fell for the no gloves meme

i feel like gloves might be even more detrimental because they promote sliding in your grip so the meaty bits of your palm will move out of place and, you guessed it, become calloused.

well chalked hands with the proper grip may get calloused but come on, deal with it. chefs have hands that can better deal with heat, do you think they got there because they were wearing airconditioned gloves? they got there by pushing through the surface wounds.

I know a fuckload of guys at my gym who wear gloves and are more jacked than Rippetoe was or ever will be. Really no one among the general population gives a fuck. In a powerlifting gym tho you might look like a retard wearing them

>he thinks pushing yourself to lift heavier weights isn't a struggle

spotted the guy who only benches lmao1plaet!!!!1

it seems like the only places where people care are powerlifting gyms and the internet.

i know guys at the gym who take steroids too mate

>Enjoy not being able to finger a girl ever
I know you want to think your 19 year old ass is Casanova, but no girl gives a shit about you playing taps on their urethra with your awkward teen hands. Nobody past high school gives a shit about finger banging a girl.

I think it's only nails that matter.

chefs wear gloves

>hurr durr you're not the romanticizer I am :^)
What's it like having no awareness of self or irony?

GOMAD is actually recommended by the the natty king Eric Bugenhagen.

>Purses are for women.

A purse is originally made for men. Women didn't carry purses until several hundred yrs after men did.

yeah like thin plastic ones, the point still stands, chef's hands are conditioned to heat because they expose themselves to the heat often

I don't wear gloves because I'm a purist

I mean, I suppose I could argue that going bareback (as it were) promotes better grip strength/technique etc but when it comes down to it, I just don't want to look like a bitch

My job fucks up my hands anyway so there's not really anything worth protecting.

No we don't

yeah but
this

>citation needed

> No we don't
you're retarded

no they wear all kinds of gloves for burn protection, cut protection and sanitary protection. you know jack shit about cooking if you don't know this.

This image macro's almost as bad as normalfag beard memes.

There's a word for a person without a beard

a woman xDDDDD

rofl xD I'm so insecure I base my personalty around facial hair to feel manly ;P

dude i F*CKING LOVE BEEEEEEEEEEER beer is so good, I drink it cause I'm a MAN

I LIEK VAGINAS

I PUT MY PEE PEE IN VAGINAS, VAGINAS ARE COOL DUDE HEUEHEHEUHEHEU

Holy kek

>what's the matter with gloves?
It's just a way to delude himself into feeling manly. Rippetoe is a fat fuck who looks like he's never lifted a weight in his life.

I bet your name is Jared.

Bugenhagen also trains in the very best way to really snap your shit up. Not the best place to get advice from.

Not even close, Biblical names are for cucks. John, Mat, Jacob etc