You are teleported to 1914 Russia and into the mind of Tsar Nicholas II...

You are teleported to 1914 Russia and into the mind of Tsar Nicholas II. Germany has declared war on both you and France. What would you do to make sure The Russian Tsardom wins or loses the least amount of territory possible in a peace treaty.

I would shoot him in a basement

>don’t take personal command of the army
>remain in st petersburg to keep my german whore of a wife in check
>fuck off any autistic monks hanging around
>ruthlessly crush even the smallest sign of revolt
>keep putting pressure on the ottomans in the caucasus, who were beginning to lose dramatically by 1916
>keep throwing more and more men to the eastern front to wear down the germans

Victory was very achievable for Russia, had the Revolution not occurred.

Also be present at the Winter Palace for the petition.

STAY IN PETERSBURG KEEP WIFE UNDER LOCK AND KEY LET GENERALS DEAL WITH PLAN AND WHAT EVER HAPPENES
DON'T
LET
ANY
REVOLTS
GET
OUT
OF
HAND
AND KILL LENIN IF WILY SENDS HIM OVER, SILENTLY IF POSSIBLE

Immediately withdraw from the war and sign a peace treaty. Try to fix things back at home. Being involved in the war would only doom me to certain death.

Marry my daughters off to Lenin, Trotsky, and Stalin and NAZBOL

this

faggot

The only faggot was the tsar Nicholas the second, going to war for the sake of Britain and France, when his own country wasn't prepared for it. He brought his death upon himself.

>take personal command of the army
>let Alexandra hire Rasputin to take care of my son
>ignore appeals for constitutional reform and continue to stay at Staff HQ
>order that firm steps be taken against the demonstrators in Petrograd
>abdicate in 1917

Did I do okay?

And yet you haven't addressed the Bolshevik infiltration of the army

>Victory was very achievable for Russia, had the Revolution not occurred.
This is not WW2, people were not politically motivated. Part of the reason why the revolution happened is BECAUSE Russia was losing the war so badly.

>going to war for the sake of Britain and France
He went to war for his own sake. Britain wanted nothing to do with it and France was merely in it because of Russia.

Abandon Serbia, and sign a treaty if possible

>war for britian and frances sake
Whatisserbia.jpg
>just abandon my ally like a littls bitch lol
>wily will totally just stop there
>my allies will totally be fine with this
>this won't get all the nationalisy pissed at me while i also have the communist pissed at me
>this totally won't make russian guareentes completely worthless

Russia abandoned Serbia multiple times from 1905-1913 and Russia didn't really suffer any negative consequences. Russia, for instance, could have come to Serbia's aid during the Balkan Wars, but declined to do so. If Russia didn't suffer any problems from abandoning Serbia in 1912, then why would abandoning Serbia in 1914 produce catastrophic results?

If it were me, I'd let the fuckers run wild. Let them have a duma that blocks all reform. I'd take my kids and hit the open ocean. Let the commies eat themselves, like they did.
Where did that assumption of top level involvement come from? It's a meme based on Hitler and extrapolated to any leader who fails a campaign. The few major moves Nicky made were actually good but screwed up in the tactical execution by dumb officers. Also, Brusilov complains he wasn't involved *enough*. Sigh* can't please everyone.
Not bad. Serbia wasn't worth the first few Balkan conflicts.

>Order Okhrana to kill every single bolshevik and revolutionary figure in Russia. Lenin, Trotsky and Kerensky in first day.
>Improve Russian propaganda on the same level Stalin did in 1942, create bogatyr military figure who fight against teutonic invaders
>Order Samsonov to not be autistic in Tannenberg and warn him of tactics germans would use
>Order russian soldiers to take bottle of vodka before battle and make them listen to "Sacred War"(1916 version)
>Empower military generals like Brusilov and don't become take full command of military yourself
>Give all non-russian nationals like Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia etc. full national autonomy one the same level as Finland durring Alexanders II era and create more national divisions.
>Promise to give duma full power after the war, letting Russia become constitutional monarchy
>After the war is won, take everything east of Oder, create Czechoslovakia and huge Yugoslavia and make them your spheres. Let duma do whatever and lay back in Petrograd raising your children.

Tell Willy I will stop mobilizing and allow him and the Bethmann to talk Austria out of doing a full scale invasion

>>Promise to give duma full power after the war, letting Russia become constitutional monarchy
You go full retard. Constitutional Monarchy is crap.

Yes but the point is to be Nicholas II, and he didn't like to be a ruler He would prefer to just enjoy his family for the rest of his life, like did the british royal family today.
So it's better for Russia to be a constitutional monarchy.

>and he didn't like to be a ruler
He fucking insisted on maintaining the autocracy though

I'd return to daily Nicholas routine, i.e sucking off Rasputin's greasy cock

Thats because us Serbs had the help of all the other Balkan nations against a dying Ottoman empire, Russian aid was not needed, it would've just been a little extra. Keep in mind that Russia had fought many wars to break the Ottoman yoke over the Balkans, and Serbia had helped Russia in its own wars agains the Hungarians. This time however it was different from 1912 because Austria-Hungury was clearly in the wrong and Serbia was being attacked by a much greater power then it. If Russia failed to aid the Serbs, not only would it be humiliating to Russia but it was also inflame the nationalist pan-slavists in Russia at the time, not to mention after getting raped in 1904 by Japan Russia needed to restore some of its military honor.

>Order Okhrana to kill every single bolshevik and revolutionary
But then who are they going to use to assassinate politicians they don't like?

More because he felt it was his obligation and duty rather then something he actually wanted.
Commie jew propaganda.

When I said Hungarians I meant Ottomans.

Literally nothing you can do matters.
Russia is woefully unprepared for WW1. Well, everyone is but Russia is in a much worse position due to godawful economy. Supply requirements to fight in a modern war are completely unreal and even far more industrialized countries struggled.
There's no fix in being outgunned 20:1 because germans can actually produce shells for their artillery and you can't, there's no fix for lack of rifles.
Hell, there's no fix for quality of officers, you cant even promote from the ranks since most of the soldiers are illiterate.
Russia can deal with Austria and Ottomans but there's no reasonable solution for Germans.

>More because he felt it was his obligation and duty rather then something he actually wanted
He should have told his wife to fuck off with her "advice" about running the country tbqh

>implying propaganda
Do some research about Rasputin and his influence on royal family instead of posting fail tsar pictures all over again

He wouldn't have done shit if it wasn't for the assurances of Britain and France. If it was just Russia versus Germany, there wouldn't have even been a war, it would've been a few months long skirmish followed by a favourable peace treaty for the Germans.

Incorrect. He mobilized because Russia could not look weak by allowing Austria to invade Serbia. Germany declared war on Russia because the Russians would not stop mobilizing on their Austrian border.

Britain did not give a fuck about Russia. The Brits wouldn't have entered the war if not for defending France.

What about scorching earth policy with gorilla warfare? Make the bosch pay constantly for every second they stay in russia.

I seen on an Alternate History Forum that if Nicholas would have stepped down and allowed either his brother or nephew (I can't remember which) early on in the war it was extremely likely that the Communist Revolution would have been controlled. He was much more competent and much more popular with the people.

The Bolsheviks murdered his brother Michael the next day. I doubt the war would have changed any because of a different Tsar. If Michael would have yielded to the demands of protestors quickly, maybe they'd survive.

Rasputin was basically the one person who tried to tell Nicky that a war against Germany could only end in disaster.

Maybe if eternal Anglo didn't kill Rasputin and cuck tsar kept listening to someone who's smarter than he is, Russian revolution would not happen