Poverty college kid nutrition edition

You have 125 dollars per month to spend on groceries.

Try to hit your macros as clean as you can. Go.

Other urls found in this thread:

giverecipe.com/homemade-yogurt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bulk chicken, lentils and eggs.

I've lived off of less.
Bulk packages of pasta oats peanut butter black beans rice. Cheese spinach and tomato and some seasoning like garlic powder and you're basically set.

winner

consider rice and black beans for carbs if you're a big dude and need more calories

Beans, brown rice, cabbage, onions, eggs, bulk chicken, pasta, peanut butter, canned tuna (if you can get on sale), frozen vegetables and canned tomatoes (only if you have a blender or hand mixer)

Also buy spices.

If you have time to kill, buy a pot and planting soil. You can grow your own garlic. Buy a bulb of garlic, divide up the cloves and plant.

Also if you need stock, you can make your own quite easily.

I use a medium onion finely chopped, 5 cloves of garlic also finely chopped, a tablespoon of fennel and peppercorns with a skin on, boned chicken breast. Add salt as needed.

Put it in a pot with water covering the breast completely and boil for 2 or 3 hours.

You will have a decent stock to flavor soups and such. You can still save the meat of the chicken breast for other stuff.

For cutting-fegs
>Get a french press
>Get a grinder
>Buy loose-leaf tea/whole bean coffee

I drink about four cups a day of coffee and tea, tea is much cheaper than coffee since you use less of it but the coffee would cost about 20$ a month which is fine if you are skipping breakfest with it and thats only if you are having as much as me.

chicken thighs instead of breasts - 1.29 a pound, 1 lb = 80g protein x1.5 = 1.93$ per day = $58.05
bulk oatmeal - 10 lbs for 8$, lasts 2+ months easy = 8$
rice 15 lbs 9$
carrots 1.69 for 2 lbs, .5lbs per day = $12.68
casein powder 2 lbs 29.99, 27 servings, 1.11 per serving, add 3 more and you're at 33.32 for the month

That put's you at 120$, salt and pepper for 1$ ea and you have 3$ left over to buy a candy bar or something so you don't kill yourself

>bulk chicken
No, whatever is on sale. Chicken is not always the cheapest. The protein/calorie ratio of most meats is negligible, especially if you know how to process your own meats.

Excellent high caloric foods. These items are cheap, filled with vitamins and filling.

>what to do
Shop at the discounted stores like Aldi. Get as much protein as you need and can afford.

Learn how to make stock, Save all bones for stock. Use the stock for instant ramen when cooking meals isn't an option or too difficult to do at the moment.

Learn how to debone meat yourself, boneless packages are overpriced.

Never buy ground meats, make it yourself. Cut cheap meat into cubes. Freeze cheap cuts. Process in food processor.

Have a nutrition plan for the week, build a bulk meal plan around it. Having a meal precooked makes you less likely to eat out.

Render fat and use the lard as cooking oil. Lard is not bad for you, and is as calorically dense as any other oilnyou have to spend money for.

The following herbs are extremely easy to grow in pots indoors: mint (grocery clippings), cilantro (seeds), bay leaves, rosemary, hot peppers.

Bake your own bread, it's easier, more economical, and takes less time then you think it does.

>I spend 20-50 dollars a week, not restricting myself to eating poor people food by doing he above.

It is important that you know how to cook to eat well. Look at these YouTube cooks: Binging with Babish, Brothers green eats, you suck at cooking (to highlight how terrible things can go as a beginner)

What you shouldn't do, is watch youtube videos by any fitness cook. They're all retarded, they all make the same shitty food, they all don't have an understanding of budgeting. They have no cooking skills whatsoever.

If you have questions, I'll be up for just you.

r e d d i t s p a c i n g
e
d
d
i
t

>How to spot memespouting newfags

kill yourself lol

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

Pretty solid advice.

Got him XD

I would say you can remove the skin, use it to coat a pan with fat for frying.

Debone the breast, butterfly it, fry it on the pan.

Use the bone for a stock like you described, if there is a substantial amount of it. If not, throw it in a ziplock bag in the freezer until you do.

By doing this, you have flavorful chicken, you don't need to use cooking oil, you have stock or will have a more robust stock in the future

It's called being an adult that knows how to cook for himself. Keep cashing in those GBP for mommies tenddies kids.

Hm, I kind of like having the skin on when I'm making the stock. It seems to give it more flavor.

And the meat becomes nicely flavourful and brined when I leave it in the stock. I just tend keep in the soup after deboning and using it as part of a chicken soup.

But in the end, it's all about preference. If I don't have enough bones and I want to make stock, I just chuck in the breast in, meat/skin/bone all.

All that time and effort you're putting into being a turbo-autist penny pincher is not worth those minimal savings when you could be using that time to actually lift or make MORE money.

pls stop

All of that advice is for people who have a log of time on their hands just to deal with food. You really expect some college kid to be making their own bread all the time when they can buy some cheapo loaf for a dollar and save all that prep, cooking and cleanup time?

You can make good shit without having to do that stuff yourself

But think of the social gains. You join a baking club and make awesome bread with everyone.

Best bread I baked with people was a sprouted grain bread.

Making your own bread is going a bit overboard.

Learning to bone a chicken or how to make a stock isn't

Implying college kids have 50 dollar/hour jobs?

It doesn't take that much extra time, but I guess anything that takes more than 5 minutes to make is not worth doing, just pop some tendies in the microwave instead.

This is why our country is so fucking obese. Too stupid or lazy to cook.

I'm in medical school.
I life 3 times a week, all body.
This is the truth on the internet, shield your eyes.

I cook one day, every week. I do bare minimum dishwashing. The food I cook on my own taste way better than anything I can buy, I enjoy doing it.

Also, you can make yogurt at home, and come out way cheaper than getting protein powder.

1 gallon of milk gives 1.3kg of yogurt, which is filled with casein. It also gives you whey. It also takes only a few minutes of your time, a fraction of the cost of store yogurt or protein powder, and gives you time to snag a qtpi Turkish/Iranian/Kurdish/Greek/Lebanon girl

College kids have more free time than literally anyone other than NEETfags.

I made bread in college. It was going overboard, I admit. But it was easy, and the bead was always fresh and not chewy.

You can make a bulk batch of dough, throw it in the fridge and piece out as much as you want for over two weeks, so long as you keep it covered and moist. Thirty minutes of work, great bread when you want it. Plus, you know the macros down to the bone.

Two Multivitamins, and 36 Hard boiled Egg Whites.

5lbs of potatoes $3. Eat 2 per day and it'll last you 7 to 10 days.

Broccoli/Green Beans/Asparagus/whatever vegetable is on sale - $2 to $5 for a weeks worth.

Spend the rest on chicken. Eat intermittent fasting style.

I buy steroids and make more gains than eating

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, whole chickens yield a lot of meat at a much cheaper price per pound than thighs or breasts.

u still have to eat you fucking cunt

Organ meats are good.
If you can endure beef liver great. But if you can't, some other stuff would be heart (beef or chicken), chicken liver, kidney, and honeycomb tripe.

Funny thing, user. All the fedora tipping reddit fags and trendy hipsters are snapping up staples of cheap organ meat usually reserved for the poor.

Why? Because these ass holes are infatuated with things like pho, lingual tacos, and what not. These meats are getting more expensive then flank steaks, eye of round, pork shanks.

Really? Wow, I remember having endure gizzards and chicken hearts as a kid. That or tripe with ginger and scallions. Great flavor, but man did I dream of a nice bit of beef as a kid.

>he doesn't know that redditfags are the only ones left

Yeah, when fine dining was fat steaks and lobsters. It's great now, because those things are so much easier to get, but a lot of childhood favorites are difficult to budget for or find meats for.

What does /fit think about deli meat?

Pic related.

Whey for baking, yogurt for eating, dips, sauces, ayran.

They should. Organ meat is healthy as fuck.
To be honest when it comes to edible portions of the animal, the skeletal muscle is near the bottom. The organ meats are near the top and below that is in my opion the cartilage and marrow.

Those prepackaged deli slices are great for hot dirty keto, using them as wraps.

But they don't really have a good protein to cost ratio, or even protein to calorie ratio.

Rice, beans, and chick breast. Use the rest for fruit.

Yeah, but most of these suckers are just going to drown it in sauces like amerifats always do. They're destroying whatever nutritional benefits come from the meats, when they could have simply just gone to a restaurant to have a better version of what they're trying.

Marrow is nectar of the gods. It's one of the few things yuppies can't stomach yet, along with clouted blood. When prepared from bones in a stew base, marrow is delicate, silky, fatty. Not nutritional, but it's definetly going to give you calories.

Daily:
1 lb chicken cooked with 1TBSP olive oil (protein)
12 oz pasta (carbs)
12 oz lite hellman's mayo (fat)

Chicken cost monthly: $90
Pasta cost monthly: $25
Lite mayo cost monthly: $20

Turn the mayo into a delicious spicy chipotle sauce by adding paprika, chipotle spice, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, hot sauce, and some sugar.

Stores well in tupperware. Heat for 30 seconds in microwave and chow down.

I remember having bone marrow roasted over charcoal. I used to eat it with some nice baked bread to spread over it like a pate. Scooped it out. Fatty, slippery and full of flavor. Just a crack of black pepper.

wait how does making my own yoghurt help me get mediterrenean qts

Honestly, that is the best way I had ever had marrow.

Tell them you make your own yogurt, so you don't mind putting some on your rock hard monster cock while she's going down on it. Middle Asia bitches love yogurt.

guaranteed to give you colorectal cancer

ahhhhhh i see now and how to make your own yoghurt is it easy ? natural yoghurt makes up a large proportion of my protein be great to save money on it

Enjoy your mercury gains. It's not a meme.

Boil one gallon of any kind of milk for 5mins-30mins while stirring in a clean pot. You may scorch some milk and it may leave a residue a bit hard to clean up.

After boiling, let it cool until it feels hot, but not too hot that you can't leave your pinkie in for a long period of time. This can take one hour.

When it is this cool, remove a portion, put it into a bowl. In that bowl, use store bought warm yogurt that has active cultures. Put two tablespoons or more in, depending how sour you like it. Mix that together and pour it back into the pot and mix.

Place it in a cold oven, wrap towels around the whole pot. Cover the slightly pot, leaving a small portion uncovered

Wait 3-6 hours. Check to see if it is firm to your liking, but do not disturb it until it's finished. Take off the top, wait 1-2 hours.

Put it in the fridge for a day.

You can strain the whey from it to make a even thicker yogurt that will be almost all protein, and collect the yellow liquid (this is whey, it has whey proteins and milk sugars) to use for baking.

From now on, you can use your homemade yogurt and a gallon of milk to continue producing more yogurt.

Use this as a guide, I most certainly did:
giverecipe.com/homemade-yogurt/

Oatmeal, broccoli and round eye steak roast (ask the butcher to trim fat off)

I lived off €30 a week during my PhD, pretty much spinach/broccoli, grilled chicken breast, whole milk and potato's. If I ever had any funds left over I would buy cheese and bread and make grilled chicken/cheese/onion toasties.

Get on food stamps.

Don't know if this translates well through wall of text, but it's easy as fuck, you spend most of your time just waiting for it. I spend 15-20 minutes of actual work for each batch.

tnks m8

125 dollars? Try food stamps.

Thanks user. I'm trying this when my stove gets fixed.

No thanks, I'd rather not turn obese.

Also, not living in burgerland, faggot

Just become chad and get Betty kathy and the rest of your harem to buy you stuff

eggs, black beans, milk, peanut butter, canned fish, rice, no fat chobani, bananas

For one person?

It's really easy if you just buy bags of vegetables, since they are really filling and cheap. Carrots, potatoes and onions are essentials I guess.

Make up the rest with peanut butter, bread, herbs/spices and some money left over to buy steroids and booze.

Wat? Please tell me this is bait

Oats, chicken, beans, spinach and kale, eggs. Adjust accordingly.

Don't listen to the memes. You need 30g fiber a day and to hit your micros with green veggies. .8g protein/lb you weigh. Fats under 30% , rest on carbs. Boom.

beans
chicken
corn
frozen veggie bags
rice
pasta
eggs
Only drink water and sometimes milk
No beer, no sugar, no smoke

To bone a chicken. Kek

white+black beans / green vegetables

All of this you can get from the dollar store if you are USA

Bulk oats, frozen chicken breast, beans, rice, peanut butter. Anything left over goes to protein powder and spices. Also bananas and broccoli.

Basically, it all comes to
1. Has it been processed or modified or have shit added to it in any way?
No? Then you're good to go.

The only exception to this would be peanut butter, canned tuna and frozen vegetables.

Oh and yogurt and well made bread.

yea, if you are taking 1 or 2 classes per semester and decide not to go to class and barely pass

Switch to salmon. Mercury will fuck up your nerves permanently.

4packs of chicken breast $48, 3-18 pack eggs $7, 2 pack thick bacon $8, 2 packs sausage $7, 4 pack tuna $5, 4 sardine cans $6, 2 Spring mix cartons $12, Sunflower seeds unsalted shelled $3.5, Pepitas shelled $3, Fresh brocolli 5lb, $8, 2-2lb blocks of cheese $12,

Not super clean, but neither am i
>20 lb rice - $10
>25 lb chicken thighs -$40
>16oz olive oil - $5
>Various spices - $5
>108 eggs- $5
>10lb potatoes -$10
>4 gallons of milk -$10
>Assorted veggies- $25
>$15 leftover to eat out with friends
Where will the gains come from??? The air????
Even when I went to school full time and worked full time, I still had time to bake maybe once a week. And everyone has time to grow a small garden. I have some chives, basil, tomatoes, strawberry, and squash all on my balcony.
Where tf do you live that eggs are more than $2 for 18? It's $.60 to $.70 here

Must of of been thinking of something else they're like 1.20 per 18 pack here. Also rest of money into bag of rice.

>It also takes only a few minutes of your time

Buy 2 10lb bags of proton powder and a nice mixing bottle

Brown rice, red beans, dark green vegetable.