More beneficial to deadlift on a pull day or leg day?

I do PPL (best routine) but I've always been curious as to whether it is better to incorporate deadlifts in leg day or pull day. Thoughts?

PPL is shit and you are weak.

Thanks user, definitely some useful advice

Do yourself a favor and stop running that stupid routine.

What routine is better?

PPL is a great routine that user is fucking faggot. Do deads on pull day so you don't have to compromise either deads or squats on leg day

Any sort of U/L routine will get you the same frequency, with slightly lower volume but higher intensity.

Full body 3-4 times per week will also net you slightly lower volume, but much higher intensity and much higher frequency. It's what I recommend.

Post your lifts.

Deadlifts belong on leg day.
>Argument 1:
Just because a deadlift (or a clean, or a snatch) is a "floor pull" doesn't mean it belongs on pull day. We all agree that movements that belong on pull day are cable rows, barbell rows, dumbbell rows, chinups and curls. What do all those have in common? You perform shoulder extension and elbow flexion for the concentric part of the movement, which means you contract your lats, biceps etc.
The prime movers in the deadlift are the quads, hamstrings and glutes. The erectors, lats and traps are trained isometrically, yes, but this means they are synergists. Not prime movers. Similarly to the squat, the deadlift has knee flexion (although less) and hip extension (although more), but definitely zero elbow flexion and shoulder extension.
>Argument 2
"Wait!" I hear that retard, erm, excuse me, I mean user here say, "what about compromising?"
Here's the thing, if you space them one day apart, you're still compromising the one done in the second day. For example if you do pull (with deadlifts), then legs (with squats), squats are always going to be compromised because your legs and erectors are fried from deadlifting the previous day. One day isn't enough rest for these huge muscle groups. You need at least 2-3 days (3-4 nights of sleep). Coincidentally, this happens to be exactly half a week, or the space between the two Ls in ppLppLx. So what do we do? Simple, we train like in TM. Do the one for heavy weight, very low reps and the other for medium weight, high reps. That way instead of compromising squats forever, you "comprmise" squats for 1/2 the workouts and deadlifts for the other half
"Great", you said, "now I won't progress with either of them, at least with deadlifts on pull I can make progress on one of the two"
Who said so? Literally every intermediate workout has you progress once a week on every lift, same here. It doesn't even count as a "compromise" by that logic
"Gee, thanks user!"
You're welcome

>I do PPL

aka fedora of shit routines.

deadlifts are hamstrings and glutes so i guess leg day

TFW lifting my fedora is back day

Based on personal preference and not science I like doing deadlifts on pull day. My squats aren't "compromised" the next day imo. I diddle 455 on pull day. Then leg day I squat 335 and front squat 235 back to back so I can maintain dominance over a single power rack. You're body gets used to it after like 3 weeks of your routine and isn't gonna be as fucked as when you first started.
>Tldr: do it when is most comfortable for you

all the science in the world can't make up for the fact that deadlifting and squatting on the same day is 100% aids

Good post.

Begone gains goblin

>Squats 30% below deadlifts
>Not compromised
Unless your arms reach your knees standing up, that's compromised as fuck

>ppl is shit
Kek.

>Doesn't like squats
>Still squats double what you do
I squat because its a good exercise, not because I want to do 500lbs. I enjoy deadlifts so I lift a lot more weight. Are you gonna say something about how my squat to bench ratio is ass as well? 335 for both lifts

>squats double what you do
No, you deadlift a bit more (455 is about 190 kg?) and you back squat a bit less
>1:1 bench:squat
Listen, the goal of working out is to enjoy yourself. If you enjoy deadlift and bench and emphasize them more in training, all the better for you. But you don't get to come and say that your squat isn't compromised when it's equal to your bench.
It's good that you enjoy x and y exercise and you are strong with them. But the topic was that squatting one day after deadlifting for 100% of your program (as a ppl with deadlifts on pull has you do) is suboptimal for squat development and you have only proven my point with your post

Why am I reading this in Rip's voice and intonations?

PPL is kinda shit for conventional lifts, your DL and squat will always be compromised since you have to do them on either same day or 1 day apart.

Same for OHP and bench, you do them same day so the second lift takes loses out a bit.

But depends what your goal is, if you just doing DL to get a thicker back just do them on pull day and do high volume.

You usually alternate between heavy bp/light ohp and heavy ohp/ light bp on your two push days

Why can't you just do pull push legs. That's what I've been doing

The fact that deadlifts are a "pull" exercise that works the legs is why PPL is stupid. Just do Push, Pull, Rest and incorporate leg push exercises (squats) into push day and leg pull exercises (deadlifts) into pull day.

So full body two days in a row then rest...

UL is the best.

Its not that I can't squat more friend. Its that I don't.

DL is barely even a pull exercise in the muscular sense. Yes the weight is getting closer to your center of mass through the movement, but you're extending everything: back, hips, legs. A real pull version of deadlift/squat would be a combination of the leg curl machine and the abdominal crunch machine.

I do a PPL, switch up regular and snatch on pull days and on leg days I sometimes throw Romanian deadlifts into the mix.

Works well enough for me.

I've got it, and t doesn't even need a machine. Only duct tape and two spotters
basically
>one spotter holds you vertically in a standing 69
>another duct tapes your shoes to the pullup bar
>spotters leave to do their sets
That's it, now all you have to do is literally execute the squat movement pattern, only this time you are working knee and hip bend instead of extension.
You can also do it while holding a barbell with your hands, in the overhead press position (except you're upside down now so I guess underhead?)

As for the "pull" (hip bend) version of the deadlift, it already exists. Toes-to-bar.

Y-y-you t-too