Why the fuck are ufc fighters not huge in terms of muscle mass...

Why the fuck are ufc fighters not huge in terms of muscle mass. It would seem as if you aren't in peak fighting form when you get bear mode massive which just proves that this physique is the best.

What are weight classes

because the ufc is fake dumbass

What is ss2 you bitch ass faggot

He's a freak of nature. You can't just generalize like this.

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES

what are quick twitch muscle fibers

Genetic freak athletes go into football or the NBA. UFC fighters are B tier athletes at best, most of them far below that even.

Current UFC heavyweight champ and hardcore DYEL coming through

because too much muscle mass uses too much energy. pre USADA there were big freaks like Overeem and Lesnar in the HW division but they needed to score in the first 2 rounds because they would gas out quick.

Potato nigger McGregor was quite big for his division as well - but he managed to knock out most opponents in less than three rounds. When he faced Diaz he was unable to do so and he gassed out and Diaz submitted him. Same problem as the HW fighters.

Genetic freak NBA beast mode engaged

>football
Literally play for 15 seconds and then take a break for 1 minute.
>NBA
Height is the deciding factor for 99% of NBA players because the game changes entirely depending on how tall you are. It decides your positions, your match ups, how easy it is to get blocked, etc.

he has a .2 second shot time
is quickness not genetic?

he looks like a twink

Nigger a lot of the fighters aren't from US, nobody plays football there. And sure, NBA players are genetic freaks, but their freakiness probably wouldn't translate well to fighting.

Only on the most basic level if you want to be completely anal about it. How fast you can shoot the ball depends on your shooting technique and how often you practice.

Football is the largest funnel of genetic freaks in the US. Every year they have tons of hopefull 200+ lb guys running sub 5 second 40 yards, jumping 40"+ verts, crazy strong lifts, amazing hand-eye coordination, and great sense of balance and foot coordination.

Get them into a good kickboxing camp with a coach that will teach how to use their 75 ft arm span with some basic takedown defense and they would do pretty well I reckon.

>anybody could do it

hmmmmm

Hes still a foot taller than you

I bet you think WWE is real though.

>I run forward when the ball is passed and get into a pushing contest with the person in front of me for 15 seconds

Don't got to be huge to be lethal.

For the most part. Look up his age. It's not like he's straight out of high school and shooting like this. He's been an average player for most of his career. Or are you implying that it was genetics which suddenly activated and not that he's been training hard all this time while he was an average player?

>Freak of nature
Chicken legs and doesn't squat

god why is Veeky Forums so stupid.MMA fighters train to fight,unlike bodybuilders who train to be big and look good but are gonna git fug'd over by the dyel mma fighter.
>inb4 weight class
Heavyweight are a joke.

>he still has semi love handles
it gives me hope

It's called an athletic build. They don't care how big they are. They are optimum physique for combat and physical performance.
Also he is featherweight and a lightweight retard.

post yoel

Let me guess, you thought Rhonda Rousey was "the greatest athlete of all time" male or female

because athletes don't bodybuild for girls like you guys on fit

he powerlifts now

If they were 'bearmode' they'd run out of breath by the 3rd round and die of fatigue.

Holy fuck that reaching. I'm not even really a fan of UFC but Rousey was a just a bigmouth cunt that they paraded around cuz muh girl power. Literally who could ever believe a woman is the best athlete of all time.

He actually does squat.

Also pic related is the same weight as Jones. You can't tell me that Jones isn't just an outlier.

This faggots tattoos are so stupid.

Endurance is important to them.
And I thought cardio kills gains? At least that's what Veeky Forums keeps telling me.

You'll fooking do nuthin

they are

you faggots are just on so many roids that you even make roided athletes look small by comparison and you forget what normal looks like

We get it you like the Cavs.

>You'll do fooking nuthin

man, you couldn't even get the quote right

Fact is, they can do it better than everyone else and that's why they're rich and famous whereas you presumably aren't

kek

Most entertaining thing about McGregor is his leprechaun voice

You know what else is stupid? Watching a fake fighting show mainly attended by 10 year old kids with spiky hair and monster t-shirts. Gotta grow up there my man.

because cardio is more important. there are a couple jacked freaky dudes in mma and they either gas early trying to finish early or they do pic related and go 20% effort the first couple rounds, read opponent and then go mach speed unexpectedly and fuck their opponent royally

>grow up
>still posting on Veeky Forums
I got bad news for you buddy...

That's the shittiest triangle choke I've ever seen. Literal grade schoolers do better than that.

Agreed.

wtf Overeem still fights in the UFC and just won his last match like two weeks ago

there is a point where you got to start defending yourself

you have obviously never played football or any sport i would assume

he almost got KO'd like how he did against Browne

it was over at the first punch

your probably right. He seemed pretty out of it when he hit the floor. But if a guy walks up to you with fists up, i wouldn't just stand there

ITT: faggots who pick things up and put them down very slowly thinking they're physically superior to top tier athletes

Have a sage

did you even watch the fight? he beat Werdums ass but thats besides the point

Hungry skeleton division.
Right between the Starvin Marvins and myproana weight classes.

did you watch the last round. If werdum had not hugged him he could have put away overeem. He did well first 2 rounds(overeem) but the guy is a glass canon

if you ever attend an actual bjj/mma/muay thai gym, you'll see how ripped these guys actually are

there's maybe one or two hopefuls out of shape (including one of the coaches, likely an older retired fighter) the rest are literally monsters

You're better off improving cardio while keeping a decent level of strength. Boxers often get punched a hundred times during a match, doesn't matter if they're weak the damage adds up.

>beat werdums ass

wat? did YOU even watch the fight? Werdum nearly KO'd him and then shot for a takedown like a fucking goober

doesn't he always get suspended for drugs (some recreational, not always PEDs)
and isn't he higher weight class than connor...

t. contrarian faggot

Clearly he killed a family member recently and activated his ultimate bloodline technique.

125ers knockout each other.

You don't need a lot of power to KO someone.
There are certain "weak spots" on the head/jaw that produce loss of consciousness/ disrupted equilibrium, so timing and technique are more often the determinants.
Strength of course can give you the advantage in grappling situations but good technique in that area leads to using less power anyway.

man MC Ride got fucking swole

Don't need mass to poke the shit out of peoples eyes

This man knows whatsup. Even the big guys are at their smallest when you see them ready to fight.

but having good technique also translates to more power or force produced. timing is good too since the other person isn't preparing for a hit.

His most recent was some type of illicit steroid. He's not a freak of nature or anything like some other retard in the thread said, hes a roided asshole who fights with his elbows and fingernails.

Steph Curry is still 6'2 and was probably trained since toddlerhood to shoot with his kind of accuracy

Though he is still a cancer ruining the NBA like the rest of the warriors

My nigga

And muscle memory although people some people say it's a meme.

He squats 500lbs even with those proportions you absolute faggot

Being strong is useful in a fight. Technique, speed and reflexes are all far more important though. I used to kickbox and I'm not that strong of a guy but I was in great shape. I have crazy hand speed for a guy my size though and it was literally like cheating against lower level guys. I could just punch them repeatedly in the face and they couldn't do a goddamn thing about it.

Idiot. Every pro athlete is on gear, the ones that stand out are the freaks of nature.

>heavyweight are a joke
Why don't you fight one then

That's not the point. Check out how he looked before he got caught for eating horse meat and compare it with how he looks now

>.2 second shot time

What do you mean? What is that?

steph curry has an insanely quick shooting motion. It's one motion, his jump and his release. In most NBA players, they jump and cock the ball back then bring it forward to shoot.

Steph Jumps and brings the ball forward into a fluid shooting motion. This is why he's impossible to defend.

Why are jabs the easiest punch to land on a non boxer ?

They're freaks of nature because of steroids lol. I won't try to convince you otherwise because making generalizations like that aren't usually a sign of intelligence, but I will say I hope you endure a world of pain and disappointment through steroid abuse, and one day realize that they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

in boxing, big arms take from ur punching power since they give u contraction power instead of explosive extension power, thats why the biggest the boxer the more unskilled, he is the only boxers who look really big ar those of the amateur grade, since in rookie level booxing tey see a little upgrade of their strenght by adding muscle mass without understanding why, whioput knowing that beyond that rookie level muscle mass in arms is going to be a negative factor to improve punching power.

I think theyre just how his obliques look

Is that David Hayter?

Sure buddy.
You don't see a lot of boxers with big arms because if you want to get good at boxing you have to box, not lift weights, they don't really have time to make specific muscles growth. The only exercises they do are big bodyweight exercises or polyarticular exercises such as squat or deadlift.

Because they can't into defending their face and jabs are thrown from a range where people most often think they aren't within reach to be hit. A hook or an uppercut requires bigger momentum and more telegraphed movement which gives the opponent time to instinctively react and dodge/block, while a good jab is quick and seems to come from nowhere

yo he got blood on his dick

He has a 215cm/85 inch reach which is like 7 inches more than the rest in his weightclass, of course he is a genetic freak

The guy fucking outwrestled fat man DC too. You can't be the best fighter of all time pound by pound without being a genetic freak

>LHW
>6'4"
>Bear mode massive

I want all casuals out REEEEEE

Thanks for your answer, I did close to 2 (stopped withing the second year) years of boxing, and I noticed that. Problem is I never really learned to dodge, I just dodge backward or deflect with my hand when a jab come, when I should probably dodge on the side. I want to come back to boxing but I love to spar "hard" and I don't want to get brain damages...

Obviously shooped

Has there been any study on how common a big wingspan is? Like how big of a % has a wingspan 4 inches bigger than their height? And so on

Yeah Google it, wingspan is same as height or around 1 centimetre more on average. Mine is like 5% and then there are freaks like jo jones with 11,5%

THE GAY COMMUNITY

>tfw wingspan smaller than height

he's 6'4" and 245lbs

squats 500, deadlifts 600

>Veeky Forums think their muscles are useful in a real fight