Have any of you experienced hair loss/thinning when losing weight or dieting?

Have any of you experienced hair loss/thinning when losing weight or dieting?

20m, started having thinning hair on the top of my head.
I recently lost 90lbs in 7 months by eating a not varied diet 1400-1500 calorie diet (chicken, greek yogurts and fiber bars). I asked my doctor why my hair was thinning and he thought it had to do with the weight loss.
I'm pretty sure I'm just going bald although theres not a huge history of it in my family on my mom side.

Do you think my diet could of caused this?

It's called genetics and getting older.

I would recommend get your thyroid checked. If it's normal, then probably is your genetics so not much you can do.

OP here, honestly thats what I think too man.

The only thing that fucks me up about it is my doctor thinks it's Telogen effluvium from the weight loss/diet

Could be a lack of micronutrients from lack of variation in your diet, eat more veggies and switch it up once in a while see if it helps

Im currently cutting on 1800 calories, i already am predisposed to hair loss, but the lack off food is accelerating it for sure.

Well your doctor probably knows best. Is your hairline receding? Or is it just thinning hair? Do you notice any hair loss in the shower?

>eats chicken, yogurt, and fucking fiber bars
>deficient in several essential nutrients
>Why is my hair falling out guys? D;;;

Eat some fucking vegetables lad

I probably havent ate a vegetable in 4 years

Some actual doctor from reddit said even if it was diet based, i could of just caused early permanent balding

GL with your cut

No receding hair line, and it's balding on top of the scalp not even really on my crown. Pretty weird.

Not noticing any shedding in particular and it seems to be thinning

What vegetables do I need
and ty

ur fucked

control your STRESS, I can't stress this enough (no pun) how important it is to cope with your stress daily. Take ashwagandha, rhodiola or those stress pills, especially when cutting (you derive your body of nutrients).

Take Saw Palmetto, it blocks DHT, but beware that if you stop taking DHT blockers, you will start losing hair FASTER.

Take Biotin, this shit grows your hair fast, the faster your hair grows, the faster it replaces the amount of hairs that fall out.

Take Evening primrose oil, or anything with GLA, this shit controls your hormone and also makes your hair thicker.

If you are training fasted, take BCAA, research shows that BCAA can prevent nutrient derived and stress induced hair loss.

USE DHT blocker shampoo, the ones that help with hair growth, use the shampoo, conditioner, and scalp massager.

Do all these steps and you don't even need rogaine or minox.

I did this for half a year consistently and my hair that was thinning grew back twice its thickness.

user do you think your hair loss was due to telogen effluvium/dieting?

also note that this happened after a an agressive cut, I did 1500 cal a day from 2400. Stress from school did not help and I take ADHD medication which increase my anxiety.

This really thinned my hair up really bad but it was only temporary (thank fuck) and grew pretty much all of it back within couple of months.

Christ dude eat some fucking variety. At least take a multivitamin or something

OP here, you sound identical too me

Started adderall, lost 90lbs in 7 months, got my first 3.0 gpa ever and was a little stressed out eating 1500 calories

were you pulling out massive clumps and where was it thinning at primarily?

i was taking a really bad gummy one from costco but ive since switched

yes, but doing all the things I listed helped my regrowth much faster.

My grandpa on my maternal side had a shit load of hair until he was 70 but even then he never had it bad as other men at his age. So it definitely cannot be genetic factor.

Go reflect your life for the past 6 months or so, are you stressed out more often? how aggressive was your dieting? Are you keeping track of good sleep/micronutrients? Even shit like gaming can cause stress so limit that out. Alcohol also increase stress so I would lessen that as well.

how did you manage stress, meditating?

it was thinning out mostly near my crown, I noticed how my hair was thinning too, it wasn't as thick as before. I am done school now, no need for medication anymore. I sleep 8 hours a day, take high quality multivitamins and all that stuff I listed and try my best to reduce stress as much as possible. I took the medication consistently (vyvanse) for 3 years, there were times I abused it, and that caused me to have lack of sleep, increased anxiety (sweaty palms), and generally feeling stressed out. I take a shower and I see more than 7 hair follicles falling out sometimes even more. Now I only see 1 or 2. if I need to cut, I only do it for 3-4 weeks at a time, and I do refeeds every 3rd or 4th day. Nothing crazy. Nothing aggressive. I am happy with where I am now with my body and as long as I don't get my self stupid fat again I'm good.

thanks man, you answered the shit out of my questions.

gj on the cut, proud of u

Not meditating per say but making sure that I feel relaxed and only being focused when I need to, I realized being focused 24/7 is just asking for adrenal fatigue or over secretion of adrenaline. Taking ashwagandha and rhodiola def helped. Eating more carbs also helped (or eating more in general). BTW if you play games especially any competitive ones, stop playing them, they stimulate your flight fight response system and chronically elevate it to a point where you feel stressed out all the time. (part of reason why I stopped gaming).

What do you do now instead user? I play runescape but I wouldnt mind quitting but idk what I'd do

I felt like a maniac on adderall man, I was only taking 10mg but I went from 280lbs and never doing anything to 190lbs and constantly fucking hyped.

It was hard for me to slow down and enjoy summer because I felt like I had to start doing things, thats why I started going to the gym.

Dude, I had the same fucking thing happen to me and I listened to my stupid ass doctor to just wait it out. Two years later and that shit didnt get any better and my hair is thin as fuck. Do yourself a favor and go get some rogaine and nizoral thats the only thing that made it grow back.

Is your hair back to normal now?

If it's falling out in clumps all over your head then you have an issue. if it's in the usual male pattern baldness places then it's just a part of getting older.

Don't fight it by taking roids for your hair; shave it and get a tan.