What did women in the past used to go to the beach Veeky Forums...

What did women in the past used to go to the beach Veeky Forums? Did they go full nude or use something like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QRcR9BltO9I
hakaimagazine.com/features/how-ancient-romes-1-hijacked-beach/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends on where and when....in most places beaches weren't used to relax in the way we do today - people generally didn't like to get tan, and would wear some light clothing. Swimming was generally not super popular.

In some places though, swimming was big. Where I'm from (India), the vast majority of places hate swimming, but my state does it a lot, and women wear a wrapped cloth over loins and breasts, but historically only loins.

In much of Ancient Greece, women wore breast-binding cloth when exercising, or went nude like men did.

>to go to the beach

They didnt

Until the late 1600s, there was no such thing as a bathing suit and people who swam did so in the nude. But recreational swimming declined significantly after the fall of Rome, so there were weren't actually all that many people going to the beach who weren't fishermen.

After that, there was a gradual adoption of loose-fitting bathing gowns until the modern bathing suit emerged in the 20th century.

>Where I'm from (India), the vast majority of places hate swimming

I blame the floating rotten corpses

Women really bath nude? I mean is already awkward to see girls wearing this sometimes, and they going full naked would have turned on many men.

Not who you’re replying to but I’d assume that women didn’t bathe in the company of men or vice versa in those days.

In Medieval Europe, people were actually fairly used to nudity compared to later, say Victorian or even Modern times. They just saw it often is all, especially in rural areas.

That said, yes, flaunting nudity was not common, and people generally bathed without mixed-sex company.

This.

The prudish/chivalrous medieval morality around sex and nudity was almost entirely confined to the upper classes. Among the peasantry, you'd have extended families living together in one-room houses where everybody saw everybody else naked on a regular basis.

If you went down to the river and saw a girl bathing in the water with her tits out, you weren't seeing anything you hadn't seen of your sister or your cousin that morning when they were dressing.

Well that's actually interesting to hear, and what about the kids? Did they let them go nude since they were kids ornever et them go outside and how was kids' nudity viewed? Modern kids nowdays specially girls uses little swimsuits despite being young.

Poor kids were nude most of the time, regardless of whether they were swimming. Rich children wore dresses, both male and female.

>prudish/chivalrous medieval morality
even this wasn't that much the case. sex, yes. nudity, not so much. so many illuminated manuscripts have nude women in a non-sexual manner.

>you'd have extended families living together in one-room houses where everybody saw everybody else naked on a regular basis.
good way to put it.

Have you seen rural people in any village? the kids going around naked wasn't a big deal, seen more as a health hazard and embarrassment really.

How much history knowledge do i need for a tanned bikini gf like that?

Moving to a country with good beaches and by being a chad/ rich, also that girl is underage and so is pic related, I just posted them because I wanted to make a comparasion between the past and moderny on swimsuits.

>Among the peasantry, you'd have extended families living together in one-room houses where everybody saw everybody else naked on a regular basis.
Exactly. Most people slept naked until a few hundred years ago as well, so that would've added to it. Everyone was together like that and "casual" nudity was less of a concern due to the lesser idea of personal/private space.

Someone just get it over with and draw pregnant Anne Frank at a nude beach.

Japanese people would go topless daily before they met Jesus, except for winter I guess. Fucking christian cockblockers.

Did they fuck in public too?

>Among the peasantry, you'd have extended families living together in one-room houses where everybody saw everybody else naked on a regular basis.

That lasted long after middle ages btw
Here's a scene about it from a movie about 19th century mine workers

youtube.com/watch?v=QRcR9BltO9I

>Did they fuck in public too?
Depends on how you mean it. Does laying with a pretty young shepherdess among the tall grasses of the meadow where her sheep are grazing count as fucking in public?

Are you getting cucked bro

Shit didn’t mean to reply to

Are you sure?

audibly lol'd

Kek. But no I didn’t mean to reply to that post. Question still stands: is OP getting cucked?

This

Only because you’re not used to it. I’m german, saunas are always mixed and fully nude here. You get used to it. Of course you notice hotties, but when everyone is nekkid and not fucking, it works out OK.

hakaimagazine.com/features/how-ancient-romes-1-hijacked-beach/

Somewhat related.