Weed

Veeky Forums lets talk about weed
I love it and I hate it
I've smoked daily for the past 3 years except for the occasional month tolerance break.
I'm tired of being a potsmoker who has to lie about it and break the law. It saps my energy and I have no motivation to exercise. It fucks with my sleep cycle and it fucks with my diet (stoner-bod is real). It dehumanizes me and fucks with my social life and skills (I'd rather get high alone and play vidya than go hang with the bros or pick up women) and gives me brain haze when I'm not high. I get a massive confidence boost when I stop smoking for say a week and I feel like exercise is a drug that replaces weed for me. I know its not bad when used occasionally but if i have some I'm going to be smoking that shit so its best to just quit all together. Fapping and frequent alcohol use is probably worse for your brain so its the right choice to just do none of it. Who will join me and be /straightedge/ to reach our max potential?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zc2FMdpblgU&feature=youtu.be
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no thanks

why not? I'll probably smoke every now and again but when your tolerance is high you are just smoking to get to baseline so might as well be sober. not to mention the other ways it fucks with you

>Who will join me and be /straightedge/
>I'll probably smoke every now and again

what i mean by that is that if im out with people and im offered it i will smoke in a social setting maybe once a month but i'm done buying it myself

>not straight edge
>never gonna make it
pathetic

>be 17
>iq of 152
>cousin is schizophrenic with mania and depressive periods
>smoke weed for a couple of months
>first month was giggles and fun
>second declining
>third month start hearing voices in my head and the world seems to fade away
>throw 25 (dutch) grams of haze into the toilet

And thats the last time I smoked, 22 now and I am glad I stopped early.

>tfw no dealer

nice dude you made the right decision
i'm straight edge now, my drug of choice has become coffee and runners high

>"straight edge"
>drinks coffee
pathetic

>"straight" edge
>posts on Veeky Forums

Cmon.

it's all about moderation friendo

ever notice whenever you succumb to your weakness you feel like a prisoner to yourself?

the feeling of disgust I get when I go outside after staying at home fapping/smoking/eating shit all day is so heavy I never want to feel this imprisonment again. I don't recognize myself, I don't recognize my thoughts. I'm like a different person when I'm in the "prison". I avoid eye contact, walk as fast as possible. I feel like literal worthless piece of shit.

smoke only to reward yourself or on weekends and you're fine.

unless you've tried that already and can't stop. then we're talking about addiction here and that's a whole other discussion

Is the stuff you're smoking Sativa or Indica? I don't have issues with my productivity when smoking because I know exactly what strain of weed I'm smoking.

It's all about the strain. If your daily using I would rec a pure sativa. Hybrids like blue dream are ok too but smoking indicate everyday will fuck your shit up unless your Steven hawking status

Had the same experience except continued to smoke, quit recently though. Continuing to smoke whilst being depersonalized to fuck was pretty stupid in hindsight.

weed is more addicting then people think it is.

Nice twerk! The best dance leggings!

youtube.com/watch?v=zc2FMdpblgU&feature=youtu.be

you are welcome!

Weed fucks with your REM stages of sleep and testosterone levels.

Do youth pastors browse Veeky Forums now?

Weed makes me not remember dreams. I like having dreams.

good advice i relate with you completely
I agree a nice sativa actually makes me more productive and i like to get shit done while on it but the other negative side effects are still there and it costs money
good advice, its always smart to take a break to get back to your baseline self
true
this is so true! after not smoking for a few days my dreams are VIVID AS FUCK and having nice dreams makes your day better ya know? and enhances creativity

I get intense dreams while high, but im not saying it to justify weed,
I dont buy weed anymore, I used to be a real stoner, but now I skip a buff because it has some cons for me.

i actually get stoned as hell before hittin the gym. I feel it helps the muscle mind connection, i can zone out doing HIIT, push past mid set muscle fatigue easier
works for me

sativa is shittier for daily use

No thanks, I have self control I don't need to practice abstinence to manage alcohol and weed. You're weak op.

Hey OP, the brain haze gets worse. I'm quitting now because I just spent a week without smoking and the brain haze, that feeling of detachment from my surroundings, has only slightly subsided. It feels fucking awful. I also started waking up not knowing who or where I was, which apparently is a symptom of smoking too much. Barely slept at all last night because of it. Don't think I'll be touching it for a while.

Does your life have to revolve about 'being high'?

This isn't a very good mindset. Read some philosophy and make up your mind.

you're doin it wrong
>wake up
>prepare and eat breakfast
>go lift
>come back home
>smoke
>enjoy the post workout high
>limit to once a week so you have a little treat to look forward to
literally woke up at 6 and did this today

absolutely this. I smoke 3-4 times a week, but only after accomplishing everything I needed to do that day. As long as your habit isn't negatively effecting the other aspects of your life, it's all good

heres what i do
>wake up
>do morning shit
>go workout
>come back home and eat
>bake and skate
makes cardio a fucking blast

yeah i mostly only do it at night after everything is done too. it's usually part of my bedtime routine and makes me super meticulous about brushing my teeth for whatever reason. and it's legal here so no legal worries or w/e

today i might try doing it before lifting? for the first time ever? but then i might not idk.

Alright guys so I need some clarity on this. I can't do shit because of the area they're in, but just hear me out.

Went to a friend's get-together at his house a few days ago, where everyone was smoking weed. He had a stash of 1/2O, and the day before he and I shared out of his personal stash.

I paid $20 to go, everyone else paid between $40 and $60. I decided to buy an eighth, because I had none for a while, last time I'd smoked was almost a month ago. So I took my Pax 3 with me and we shared it at the party, had a good time. I bought my own eighth for $50, some good bubba apparently, but I can tell it's a bad dealer because there's quite some stem, probably a seed in there somewhere.

So I wait, because at this point I'm patient, and I order a scale (pic related) to weigh what I got. Turns out I only had 1.6g, when an eighth varies between 3.2 and 4 g here.

I message my friend, he says his plug didn't do shit, he just said that that's how trap houses are, you show respect to the host by using your own shit. I am almost 100% sure that's bullshit but I'm more of a solo smoker, so I'm not doing shit (also because he lives in a cop-invaded area.)

TLDR; Bought an eighth at a trap house for $50, really ended up with 1.6g, less than half what an eighth is usually. Eighths around here can be $30 at a minimum, but I thought I was getting good shit so I didn't mind paying. "Friend" says he used it during the party because I needed to show "respect" to the host (him) [noone else had weed to my knowledge]

Never buying from him again. Is this normal? I hope not.

may as well try it post results

this is not your friend, frendo

I hate it mostly because I get super lazy. The only thing I wanna do when I'm high is listening to music cause I get really receptive, and I also get really horny
I also get super paranoid and anxious, I don't like it, and thankfully I don't smoke regularly

Yeah, totally avoiding him and his plug; fuck Harlem lmao

I don't understand. What do you mean he "used it during the party" ?

Also, not, it's not normal. You got burned

>Not living where weed is so cheap people give you hash for free
Sucks bro

I have done it before and I personally thought it helped. Made the workout a bit more fun and bearable (lifting is kinda boring for me) But that's just me. My friend tried it after I told him and said he didn't like it.

>pax3
Probably b8
But yeah you got ripped off

Also wtf? People pay $20 $40 and $60 to go to a party and smoke some dude's weed? Fuck NYC man.. everything has to be a scam there for some reason

Hahahaha no fucking way you paid 50 for this. LOLOL I hope this is a troll. A half ounce of outdoor costs 60 bucks here.

I find the weed makes me feel too lethargic to lift while on it, It seems to help with cardio though

Before the party, I said that if we run out of weed from the main stash that was for the party, he could ask me and then I would let us use some of my new cop. Instead, he went ahead and took it before he even handed it to me when I arrived.

Yeah NYC ain't a great place for weed. NY in general as far as I know? dunno.

The Pax 3 is bait? Sorry about that, if you wanted me to not vape or instead own a better vaporizer I'm not the guy you're looking for lmao

Everyone at the party was under 21, including the host. We were all over 18 tho, and the host, someone I got to know throughout the school year, is majoring in business and marketing, and wants to go into Wall Street. I realize in retrospect that he's literally in the game to scam.

Yeah it's pretty fucking gay lmao. If I drop by lower queens though you can get better "deals", if 1.2g for 10 dollars is considered a "deal". Most people I know sell either some form of sour, bubba, or ak47.

And yeah I'm way nicer than I should be to stoners. Lesson learned.

Man I am completely the other way around. More often then not I despise cardio when high. A little buzz is okay but if I smoke even a decent amount before a run I end up just walking instead.

Guy who got scammed here, I will say that weed helps me during sprints. My knees and joints in general hurt less while exercising, the day of and the day after smoking.

dealers will rip you off if they can sense you are a newbie. try to find a friend to hook you up instead even if you are paying an extra 5

The process was basically ask my "friend" to ask his personal dealer to cop an eighth, and I pick it up the day of the party, of course, shit went downhill from there lmao

I just cant find the motivation to lift if im stoned like its boring, but when i smoke and start running I dont have to think about anything and it feels animalistic

A childhood friend of mine that turned into a stoner while I wasn't in contact with him has relatives that deal though. I told him this story and he got really pissed off at the guy who scammed me, for me. Will probably cop from someone he knows, but i'll always have my scale handy from now on (pocket-sized!).

i hate smoking at a party, makes me anxious as fuck!

Ironically the host is a major caffeine junkie. Redbulls, monsters, and coffee everywhere at the party scene; his leg always twitches when he's high.

bro if it helps i have been smoking for the last 5 years. 6-9 months daily use, then 1-2 months tolerance break and health recovery.

i just wanted to do 1 year of videogames and weed, fast food, junk food, suggar, whores, eating outside and whatnot. yeah it was hell of a year. so good that it turned into 5 years.

i started my tolreance break few days ago again. i feel terrible with the cold turkey withdrawals but since i have done it lots of times i know it will pass. cannabis DOES create physical and psycological dependance/addiction.

every break i gain like 15kg of weight back (2month) and then lose those 15kg again (over 6-9months). no joke, i play better as a skinny guy, my skill is way higher, cant explain why.

on one side i dont want ever to go back again (lower sex drive, bad health,..) but if im honest, those 5 years was the best time of my life.

It's all about willpower. Just make yourself do shit. I do shit while high all the time and I'm a great worker granted a lot of it's physical and customer interaction. A lot of your issues are psychological, like part of how cigarette smokers cant quit because they convince themselves quitting is a difficult process, or when people get drunker when you only tell them their drink has caffeine in it, or when people are grouchy before their morning coffee then happy within seconds of taking the smallest sip.

Best advice is to just not smoke if the state of being high will make you feel uncomfortable on that given occasion. Like it's totally fine to pick up an eighth and have it last you for weeks if you don't wanna smoke every night.

eddie bravo.. joe rogan.. nick AND nate diaz...
there are plenty of stoners who are in peak physical form.

everything else is you making excuses.
>7yr user myself

>throw 250 quid away worth of weed instead of selling it

this is a u t i s m

>tfw used to be like you until I realised how easy it is to find a dealer

I basically had a year of not having any friends and really badly wanting to get drugs, then I stopped caring and within like a month or two of stopping caring I made friends and then I made stoner friends and then I got dealers

fuck you might be right, but it goes beyond just training, i feel like it messes with my social interactions and family/friends too which is just as important

I've been a daily medical marijuana smoker for almost 2 years (I have epilepsy). All you have to do is control yourself. I smoke at night right before I go to bed. Be responsible and not a burnout and you'll be 100% fine.

IM PISSING MYSELF LAD
ARE U OF AUTISM

I was a huge stoner for a decade, quit completely for a little over a year and started back up about 6 months ago. I smoke like half a bowl before bed and am good to go.

sure feel like it man, yeah

You learned your lesson cheap, don't deal with any of them for anything. But as far as retribution, don't bother your 20 or 30 dollars isn't worth the trouble.

How could you not just look at that and say no fucking way?

I never owned a scale until today, which is two days after I got the weed in the pic related.

Yeah there's nothing I can do about it. Just sucks, I guess lmao

Any tips for getting good deals? Experience with the dealer is obvious but like, ye

Yeah but you can just look at that in a bag and say noway is that even close to an eighth..

Was way too trusting, desu. Just kinda said "alright, thanks." and stuffed it in my bag. Trust me, I learned my lesson.

by all means if for family, or personal reasons or anything else you want to dialback on toking than don't be discouraged from doing so.
but I just like to dispel the notion that lazy stoners can never accomplish much when literally world champions are stoners

>michael phelps
>usain bolt
>bobby fischer

being a non drug user will always be superior as lifestyle. dont fool yourself by these posts.

We were all newbie stoners once.

First bag I ever bought I paid like $30 for a gram of shitty dirt weed full of seeds and stems. Thought I was a real bad man lol

You live and you learn

my english sucks, i mean not taking any drug will always be superior.

Scammedkid here, when I was fourteen (five years ago now) I copped some white rhino for $70 a little over an eighth, it was my first buy, and while I probably didn't get the weight I paid for, entry into the use was an interesting thing to experience I guess. Didn't use weed for another four years though, I've only begun using it again in the past year.

>First time trying weed, was really interested in trying it out to see what hype was about
>Hit the gym with gym bros, go back to their place (triplets) one of them was kind of dealing at the time, selling it to high school freshman (we were juniors) he gets the weed, we get some snacks and we head out that night with another bro and his girl.
>We all knew eachother really well and it was a comfy feel
>Share a couple of joints and im giggly as fuck, just all smiles
>Take hits from a small ?pipe? the rest of the night just laughing and bants all around

10/10 would do again

>Second time with the same bros,
>This time though it's different chick and another bro don't really know the two new additions so I'm not feeling all that comfy
>They must have been smoking heavy because I was trying to keep up and kept taking big rips from a bong, eventually get to the point where I'm pretty much losing motor control but I had enough sense to calm down at that point and stop taking hits.
>Somebody puts on some tunes at one point and I'm getting intense auditory hallucination, like the soundwaves seemed to be bending physical reality I think I was seeing colors and shit too
>Fastforward and everyone is fucking greened out, but I'm just having an internal panic/anxiety attack thinking my hearts about to explode or some shit.

3/10 not worth it

Was it the setting? The amount? Am I just doomed to have this reaction to weed now?
I really enjoyed the first experience and felt completely in control but just riding pure happiness but the second time was just fucked.

>smoke weed
>be paranoid, anxious, and seriously introverted for next few days

Does anyone else know this feel?

Your mentality will keep you ignorant of everything psychedelics have to offer. The day I started micro-dosing LSD was the day that I started my life as a real person.

>smoke weed
>get aggressive and want to work out

You smoked too much. I've smoked every day for 5 years and the same thing still happens to me when I smoke too much.

Just take it easy next time. 1-2 hits, chill for 10 minutes and see how you feel, and if you want to then keep going.

its probably because you weren't actually inhaling when hitting the joint or pipe. The bong makes you actually breathe that shit in, can't just breathe it into your mouth.

You went way over your tolerance and thought you were dying or some shit. I dont know why you even typed out this story though. You know exactly what happened

>smoke at around 11pm
>play vidya / munch for gains / fap with the force of a thousand suns
>sleep like a babby
>wake up feeling well rested, actually looking forward to the day
>stay productive, motivated and energised throughout the day
>know i have another nice doob to look forward to at night ;)

perception is reality. Some people are still productive high while others go do pointless things.
Basically like school. Some people blame school for not being able to do basic algebra while others thank school for that ability

Perception truly is reality
See: Modern Politics, understood only those with the most refined forms of perceptive intuition.

my perception is that no drugs offers me the fullest life experience without withdrawals.

i have shit insomnia and smoking helps me sleep better, plus it's just fun man. whenever i want to go to the gym i just don't smoke for like a few hours before going

>know I have another joint for the coming night

And here is where the problem is, youre braindead if you dont think that this is a major problem

You must be fun at parties.

I smoked every night for about a week straight. It really helped my shitty sleep habits and I found my body was recovering and felt less soreness and pain. The only thing that I found that made me worry was that my libido seemingly nose dived. I didn't fap for like a whole week and I didn't care. I don't know if it was the weed directly or just because my body was so tired but I ussally fap at least once a day. Is this normal? Does it go away as you body gets used to weed? Smoking Rockstar specifically if that helps.

>Weed raises Estrogen levels:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

>Weed decreases testosterone and growth hormone, tobacco increases them (but also raises cortisol which is a catabolic hormone):
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

>Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342

>Weed Causes Cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947

>Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/

>Weed Is Addictive:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/

>Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/

>Weed Causes Depression And Anxiety Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013

>without withdrawals.
Then you're looking at the wrong drugs.
>lsd
>shrooms
>a shit load of different research chems (3-meo-pcp, 2cb, 2cb-fly, 4-aco-dmt, al-lad, etc.)

You must not remember them :-)

t. pussy who missed his flight

I've read weed lowers your test so yeah maybe, though when I smoke I get really turned on, so if I'm alone I'm definitely fapping if I smoke

every time.

you have conquered the herbal jew

Bump

Wrong, weed brings out the addictive personalities of people. Weed is harmless, but low IQ retards with little self control abuse it and end up fucking their shit up.

Wowza u got finessed

lol I go to seminary and browse /fit

Someone is pushing the "weed gives you schizophrenia" meme hard