Reminder that not using gloves is cucking yourself out of your gains for no reason other than "hurr I'm badass for...

Reminder that not using gloves is cucking yourself out of your gains for no reason other than "hurr I'm badass for fucking my hands up". If your hands hurt more than the muscles you're working then you're not gonna use those muscles to their full extent. Rippletits can suck my cock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tFuzwb8WkKc?t=8m44s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But gloves literally make you lift less weight.

ITT OP has bitch skin

This, it straight up fucks up your grip.

Chalk and straps on the other hand, very useful and everyone should own these.

Only if the gloves are too thick.

> they have anti-gravity gloves now

Any thickness will make you lift less weight.

Your hands hurt when you lift? What the fuck? I can double overhand 3 plates on a non rotating bar and my hands feel fine.

No.

Because you already fucked them up to the point they're full of calluses. This however takes a bit of time.

I had callouses long before lifting.

>No.

Yes.
Basic physics mate.

I have soft hands and gloves help :)

I quite like having rough hands, user. It has a lot of advantages:

>rough hands are a sign of manliness and dedication
>rough hands allow you to do hands-on work without injuring your hands (think gardening, building wooden stuff, etc.)
>rough hands improve your grip
>rough hands makes it harder to burn your hands when touching hot stuff (think cooking; shit happens)
>rough hands give you a manly handshake (ever shook hands with a guy who had really soft skin like a girl? YUCK)

Enjoy being bitch-skinned.

Just make sure they match your purse

>mfw thinking of your hands hurting

>Muh anecdote spits in the face of common convention! Listen to me! REEEEEEEEEEEE

Or learn how to grip the bar properly dumb faggot

nice bait, OP

A small layer won't change anything. I didn't notice any difference. I'm able to lift MORE weight with gloves because my hands aren't hurting from it.

The problem is that it takes too much time to thicken your hands to the point where it doesn't hurt anymore. You're gonna put less effort in your muscles before that.

You're retarded AND DYEL. Sadly is see more and more of these bullshit and ostentatiously wrong threads lately. This ain't /b/.

>2017
>not wanting to give smooth handjobs to your boyfriend

This is true for straps and wrist wraps, gloves are really not necessary imo

>not using straps for heavy pullups
>cucking your lats for muh grip
this is how you spot a gymcel

You don't want strong hands that can ignore pain? I wish I lifted longer so I could get rough hands for clearing jams at work easier, I feel like a bitch wincing on hot brass and scraping my hand charging the bolt on my G3

>I can double overhand 3 plates on a non rotating bar and my hands feel fine.

Look at this big boy!

How?

>pullups
>especially WEIGHTED pullups
>not a gymcel

you didnt notice anything because you have a 2pl8 deadlift. now kys you summerfag

One downside

>hands get so dry sometimes they physically hurt

I've had calluses before I even started lifting mate

buying gloves is a waste of my money and they don't even benefit me in anyway possible

>you didnt notice anything because you have a 2pl8 deadlift. now kys you summerfag

This.
When you can lift a respectable weight then you will understand, OP.

I use them cause I have bad eczema on my hands, and the skin on my palm will tear if I deadlift, which would render me unable to lift for a few days.

Nearly every profession where you do actual work and not trying to trick people into thinking you work uses them.

With that said, gloves are a disadvantage and for me they feel worse. If you prefer using gloves you should and stop listening to the validation seeking tryhards who have never worked hard in their life.

>been doing outdoor work since high school
>always worn gloves because I don't need splinters in my palm and poison ivy between my fingers
>hands are perpetually pillow-soft except for the small callous pads from lifting

Makes jerking off easier, I guess.

I lift without gloves and I regular use Korean exfoliation cloths to remove the layers of excess dead skin. Keeps my hands from being too rough.

i used to use them when i first started but once my strength went up the heaver weights slipped off my hands because of the gloves. i had no grip

Area circumference and shit it's science yo

On all lifts you should squeeze as hard as possible to activate as many muscles to help with the lift. With gloves, you can't squeeze the bar as hard and as a result you do not activate the same amount of muscle fibers to aid in the lift.

I'll never understand glove sissies.
>gloves make gripping way harder
>no tactile feel, less control
>you look like a amateur
>the gloves smell like shit

That's an argument for straps, not gloves, and even then you can just switch to alternate grip or hook grip.

Is this true? Noob lifter here, should i squeeze as hard as i can? Ive just been holding the bar enough that it wont slip and feels secure.

Maybe you should just skin your hands that way you're have the most manliest and high test hands of them all.

Except you won't have "rough hands" from lifting, you'll have one rough patch of skin just below your fingers.

Stop pretending lifting without gloves will give you the hands of a carpenter. It won't.

I just tore some fabric from an old t-shirt and use that to cover the part ofthe bar my hands are on. Am i cucking myself?

>that picture
what the fuck

Yes, absolutely. You won't even be able to progress at a certain point unless you do.

Yeah and what if you want to give my bf a handjob ? Checkmate.

What are the best gloves i can buy?

/thread

Can't get around the fact that only faggot handcucks use gloves

but my hands hurt, especialy when I do pullups, how do I deal with that?

>tfw despite never picking at my callouses and using moisturiser regularly my callouses have slightly flaked and I gave my dick a nasty scratch today while fapping

>be me
>doing farmers walks
>fingers hurt so bad from previous exercises that i cant even hold the dumbbells

what is the solution other than gloves?

Strap the fuck up dipshit. Don't worry about grip when you're training back.

Straps

would boxing handwraps work?

Yes on all lifts squeeze as hard as you can. Saw some study on CNS or something a while ago, can't be bothered to search it up.
But think about it, when you flex your arm; flex with hand open, and then with fist closed. The harder you flex, the more your hand tightens, should translate to more muscles or CNS being recruited.

I work for a moving company and I would like a pair of gloves but its not as easy as just pick any old pair.

They have to survive, be fingerless and have some kind of padding.

Lifting a couch where the only place to really grab is a heavy metal edged rail is not worth doing bare handed.

Any recommendations brehs?

Wrong you dyel. I have rough skin on my fingertips too.

I wont be giving anyone handjobs. You might want to wear a pair of gloves with Vaseline in it for your boyfriend, though.

lifting jesus disagrees with you on this point
youtu.be/tFuzwb8WkKc?t=8m44s
>do not use lifting straps for pull ups, hanging leg raises, or any form of curl

Interesting. I usually use chalk.

I use gardening gloves when holding flags on some signs, cause they can be pretty fucking sharp