Thermodynamic

who else here /NotFollowThermodynamics/??

> get skin calipers. bodyfat at 23%
> go on 6 week cut. 1000kcal deficit
> drop from 184 to 171
> was lifting through most of it. Very small strength gains
> measure bodyfat with calipers this morning
> 22%

In both cases I took an average of 5 days bodyfat readings.

Any quantum physicists want to help me out?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongur.io/body_fat_calculator/
calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>22%
>171
Maybe try lifting?

>calipers

im at 0.5/1/2/3 so im weak but im struggling to increase weights much at with this 1000kcal cut. Im mostly mataining. Im worried that all my weight loss is muscle. Yet im not getting weaker? wtf doc

Speaking of thermodynamics, could anyone explain what happened with Jason Wittrock and his experiment?
If you don't know, he ate 4000 kcals a day, and without increasing his workout, he still lost some 2 pounds. He documented every day on his youtube channel, and others have imitated the experiment with similar results.
So how was this possible?

wtf. Was he doing 23/1 fasting? that way maybe he

Also ive been reading about ways you can make calories less absorbable.

If you eat pasta cold or reheated you only absorb HALF the calories instead of like 97%. So he could eat cold pasta as say he was eating 4k a day when really it was 2k.

He wasn't fasting. He was in ketosis the whole time, though. Still, that shouldn't influence thermodynamics, right?
Although, the less absorbable nutrients might be an idea.

Calipers are notoriously inaccurate.

According to this I am 19.1%

strongur.io/body_fat_calculator/

Is it accurate for you? It uses strengths and weight/height/age of many people to estimate bodyfat through Regression.

Fuck I just wanna be jacked and tan

Why would you even use calipers, are you Jason Genova? Just look in the fucking mirror cunt.

How you look is what counts, not what some number on some inaccurate shitty device says.

KYS noobie faggot.

no it is shit.
use us army method.
calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html

I have a kind of body dysmorphia.

I basically see a greek god in the mirror no matter what weight I am at. Both at skinny and fat. Its like annorexia I think

I thought I was 14% then posted here and found out it was like 25%. And thats using photos and comparing side by side

Also I want measurable quantifiable numbers. im a spreadsheet fag.. If you arent measuring it then it aint improving.

thanks I will look into it. gotta find my tape measure.

>Also I want measurable quantifiable numbers. im a spreadsheet fag.. If you arent measuring it then it aint improving.

You're not going to get anything that's worth measuring or writing down on a spreadsheet with a fucking caliper.

Just give up and stop now, you're wasting your time like a crazy autistic person.

Transfer this retarded nerdy faggot autistic beta behavior to your lifting and diet instead, then maybe you wont look like a shit cunt nerdy fuck.

if anyone wants metric also:
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

I just read about the pasta stuff. Very cool. I think i'll have some reheated angel hair tonight

>If you eat pasta cold or reheated you only absorb HALF the calories instead of like 97%

resistant starch

>get the most accurate bf% test, hydrostatic testing
>lost 20lbs
>go for the test again
>10lbs of it was muscle
>only 2% bf change

nice
definitely killing myself today

did you not lift during weight lost, at all?

I did. That's what kills me.

what the fuck did you do? not eat any protein?

>>get the most accurate bf% test, hydrostatic testing
That's not how you spell DEXA scan

Stop high repping

I don't know. I'm counting calories and try to stay above 130g of protein every day, aiming for more. Rarely would I ever be below 110g.
I went from 310lbs down to 240, which is when I did my first test. Since then my gains have suffered and clearly I lost a lot of muscle.

Skin calipers can be fucked up pretty easily. If you go to a University, get a hydrostatic underwater weighing.

>130g of protein
>310lbs down to 240
you were eating half the protein your body needed.
a gram per pound is the formula.

Is that seriously what did it? I switched from a strength program to a PPL program the last few months, to look leaner and burn more calories.

Where you not eating at maintenance/above maintenance?

It's 1g per lean bodymass. So for me that's anywhere from 130-170g, which is what I aimed for.

I was on a cut, so some muscle loss is expected, just didn't expect THAT much.

fuck lean body mass. you needed extra as you can see.

Yeah I see that now. I'm aiming for 170-190g, and I'm cutting at 2000 calories/not counting exercise. I hope to minimize muscle damage as I drop to 170lbs.

that chocolate bar you ate that you thought was 200cal was 1k cal

them oats you thought were 250cal were 1100 including milk

Yeah, brosplitting and high reps offer no stimulus for your muscles beyond water retention. When you're cutting and your body thinks you're starving, you need that ultra intensity.

Ive heard many times: Strength training is better than hypertrophy for retaining muscle while cutting

you lost 13lbs and only 1% bodyfat? sounds like your cut was unsuccessful