youtube.com/watch?v=6HvnRvUSHr4
youtu.be/LbhFdjiPe6w
youtube.com/watch?v=xsVakZ4IrTA
canbike.org/sports-entertainment/yi-long-shaolin-monk-fight-record.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7ia35g8wWfk
insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/29-final-fantasy-tactics-13/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We want answers Veeky Forums

The monk gets chakra which heals mana and health as well as ranged damage in wave fist and earth slash, so definitely the monk

Whoever has more experience fighting different styles in actual competitions.

Eastern martial arts are a meme. Any competent boxer, kick-boxer, wrestler, or MMA fighter would cream a Kung-Fu master.

the retardism is strong in this one.

FFT mah dude!

>He didn't watch the comprehensive documentary on the subject, Ip Man 2.

fuck off weeb

>the retardism is strong in this one.

Depends on who gets the other to the ground

lol mah nigga got it, I'm about to finally beat the ultra hard version 1.3 tactics in the next couple days it took me months to get here

UFC guy is stronger in terms of weights and stuff but the monk would win the fight ( unless it's one of those none karate monks)

>there are people who actually believe this

MMA wins hands down
youtu.be/d-KX99T5r3A

If the rules and environment favor Sage he'll most likely i.e. fighting under MMA like rules, in a ring, etc. will give him a better advantage. Different rules and environment like a bareknuckle fight not held in a ring/ lei tai match would favor the monk
Untrue. They work just as well as any other if you train them properly, your're just rehashing the retarded "TMA's suck" meme. People who think like this need to realize you can't just slap different rules,restrictions, gloves etc. on an art that's been fighting without them and expect it to do just as well as an art that's been fighting under them for far longer.
MMA isn't the end all be and there are instances of traditional styles doing well once adapted for MMA, There are MMA fifgters that are also traditional stylists, this doesn't inherently mean traditional is better than 'modern' or the other way around

assuming thats muay thai then the monk by far.

>monk starts meditating
>ufc guy kicks his ass
bam

The one who grabs the glock first

The one who's actually trained with sparring and knows how to keep going after getting hit.

>So never the eastern martial arts bullshit

Imagine how much fresh prime pussy throws itself at sage on a daily basis

there are instances of TMA's doing well only when legitimately mixed with other REQUIRED arts.

I.E Machida and GSP are the most successful karate fighters in fighting history, and both of them rely on wrestling and jiu jitsu as well. Only having Karate or another TMA versus a mixed martial artist is SUICIDE.

Tai Chi isn't a proper eastern style for the purpose of fighting like Kung Fu styles, Kenpo or Karate for example. It's basically yoga.

That goes for any singular art even it's modern, nobody would do well with just boxing, MT or any sole art in a mixed competition. But arts such as Boxing, MT stc. adapted better for MMA because they have a history of fighting under similar rules for far longer. To especially say that many TMA's which did not do this and were also bareknuckle, are instantly shit because didn't and don't don't adapt as fast in a type of competition is a terrible argument

>this whole post

kek, you know life isn't a chinese cartoon, right?

>this whole post
Which you should read again because I never implied it was

Now I want to see an Avatar where the Fire Nation is replaced with UFC fighters and actually wins the war.

I think those monks train for control over their bodies or to attune themselves to the body. They wouldn't fight. The buddha said, even when you are being torn limb from limb you shouldn't allow aversion to arise. I doubt the UFC fighter has that sort of mental strength to overcome his most basic fear and self interest.

I read your whole post, and it's retarded. Eastern Martial Arts aren't actually used for combat, they've never been in a competative fight, and they'd get destroyed by someone who has.

There was a 'modern' martial arts equivalent of bending in Korra with pro bending but Korra was shit.
>I read your whole post, and it's retarded.
>This level of p[rojection
>Eastern Martial Arts aren't actually used for combat, they've never been in a competative fight
Now you really can't call anyone retarded when you're this fucking stupid
>and they'd get destroyed by someone who has.
Which clearly isn't you so you don't have to worry about that. You obviously don't know anything about martial arts nor have trained or fought in your entire life

the world incentives are such that if kung fu were viable in a fight, then world class mma fighters would learn kung fu. If you think you're stupid d&d monk bullshit would work against the top tier athletes in the world who are are always looking for the next technique to give them the slightest edge in fights, then you're retarded as fuck

Monks can't fight for shit. All that "one inch punch" and other crap are pure lies made so you can sell your shite documentary to history channel.

No but in you it is. Now go watch your anime hentai shit

Hoe does the guy on the left get such relatively nice arms with a diet of rice and no weights to lift?

Kung Fu is fake and that's why it's disappearing. Not because it's secret magical stuff.
They do impressive stuff because they are gymnasts, not fighters.

I actually did kick boxing and karate before that. Eastern MA is bullshit.

he's 5'2

youtube.com/watch?v=LbhFdjiPe6w&t=5s

That doesn't come anywhere close to meaning Eastern martial arts are bullshit. It might not have been for you but not bullshit. You're aklso trying to say years of martial history and warfare from several different countries means nothing solely says so and don't to bother to understand anything anything about it.

Already posted

>the one who grabs the cock first

if you cannot handle gloved combat in a ring or octogon I have no idea how you can handle real dirty fighting.

you must be really banking on eye pokes and nut shots

the chai tea guy didnt know what he was doing

That doesn't come anywhere close to meaning Eastern martial arts are bullshit. It might not have been for you but not bullshit. You're also trying to say years of martial history and warfare from several different countries means nothing solely because you say so and don't bother to understand anything about it.
>if you cannot handle gloved combat in a ring or octogon I have no idea how you can handle real dirty fighting.
You mean fighting like how fighting was before a modern gloves and some rules existed? Gee, I wonder if there were arts that trained, fought and competed like that...

>They work just as well as any other

No, they don't.

You missed
>if you train them properly
But that would require you to be something else other than a speedreading retard and to actually put some effort into understanding different styles of fighting

If its Sage vs the monk, id pick the monk, if its any other fighter, lincuding Ronda, Id pick the MMA fighter

Sage unless the monk has ground game

>chinese were so over-confident about their über-human monks, they send them headfirst in battle during ww2, fully convinced they could endure rifleshots at them due the power of their concentrated chi (or some shit like that)

>they got killed immediately by the japs

this

show me a video where an eastern martial artist defeats a boxer or mma

Yeah I forgot about all those kung-fu monks dominating the asian MMA scene.

because that's a roided gymgoer cosplaying as a monk for a photoshoot

If you don't have regular, full-contact sparring, you're wasting time and money.

>this entire fucking thread

youtube.com/watch?v=mOSVznrieu8
youtube.com/watch?v=yKY3eQpiHtA
youtube.com/watch?v=6HvnRvUSHr4

seeing as how the monk only knows one discipline, id say sage would win this fight.

Its like practicing only additions for a algebra final.

>is this real life?
>was leather face real?
>are we really in the matrix?

Monks have no experience with real fights or sparing. Mma fighters do.
Pluss mma the way its done now is more efficient in terms of fighting than an ancient martial art.

nigga you posted movies

>thinks meme fighting style is strong
Smh youtu.be/LbhFdjiPe6w

are you literally 12 or something? Does Veeky Forums have 12 year old lurkers? Is this why we have bodyweight threads? Because children cant go nor afford gym membership/equipment?

>b.. but Ip man is based on a true story

Why do his knees look fucked up?

Asian ascetics have been reduced to performing magic tricks for dumb white people touring the east so that they can afford to continue their lifestyle. Any cage fighter would whoop that gook's ass

It sucks how traditional martial arts gets shat on so hard

its just a few hundred years too late for them to be tuned to fighting

the spiritual and everything else in them is intact tho

but throwing bones might be more important for you

The retards ITT who think kung fu is real are exactly the reason why that Chinese MMA fighter is going around challenging and beating the shit out of traditional martial arts """masters""". They don't fucking work, it's literally a performance.

Shame the Chinese government will have that guy killed eventually.

easily the monk. they do nothing outside of eating, sleeping and praying but train. pretty boy mcdonturtmyface probably only got into MMA because he couldn't get a job as an actor or pro athlete

He is still state of the art.

sauce me up senpai, i remember playing it long time ago

youtube.com/watch?v=xsVakZ4IrTA

He doesn't win, but he might as well had.

>Who is stronger?
your mother
>Who wins in a fight?
your son

canbike.org/sports-entertainment/yi-long-shaolin-monk-fight-record.html

>On December 14, 2010, a spokesman of the Shaolin Temple claimed, "Yi Long, who was billed as the No. 1 Shaolin Kung Fu monk, is neither a Kung Fu monk of Shaolin Temple, nor could he be named as the No. 1 Shaolin Kung Fu monk at all."

He's a Sanda dude with a gimmick.

>shaolin guy regularly performs "hardbody conditioning" proven scientifically by non-gooks to make bones harder and stronger
>shaolin guy hangs himself from a rope...by his neck as regular training
>shaolin guy has wood and metal broke over his body as part of regular training
>You think mma/bjj "muh 10% bodyfat" douche can beat him in a fight

You have no idea what you're talking about. Shaolin guy would be a fucking tank in a ufc fight.

lmao of course the gook shit would get knocked the fuck out... even with no """""rules"""", get a monster like alistair overeem fight one of these 5 foot 1 bald ching bing gooks, he's gonna break their orbital bones and put them in a coma lmao.. why the fuck are you kids even arguing about this, holy shit... ching chong bing bong chi energy

>Shaolin guy performs meme exercises with no practical application in reality and more of an emphasis on showmanship and posturing
>MMA guy, through the sheer force of competitive demand, exercises through practical training culled and designed to optimize fighting ability

It's like saying Phil Heath would perform better as a D Linesman than JJ Watt because he can bench more

Except we already had this debate with the early UFC events. Back when they were to see which martial arts were actually viable when pitted against each other.

Also, you seem to think that gloves were added to protect the person being punched.

You realize mma fighters do neck and bone conditioning as well right? Only difference is they do it twice as efficiently without dumbass party tricks. They also train cardio which is something the memekick chink does not do. He would gas out after 5 minutes of fighting regardless of his durability.

theres an mma fighter in china (not even experienced mma; though experienced with some trad forms) and he was beating the shit out of guys like this

so bad, he had to go into hiding as people became upset at him for humiliating their traditional martial arts

the only chance they have is if the fight is limited to just "their" form, whatever that is

Oh, but it is a eastern martial art.

MMA fighter is definitely stronger but I'm sure the monk would win. He has better mobility and speed.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ia35g8wWfk
One of the all time classic Muay Thai/Kickboxing fights. One of the first times a high-profile Thai fighter fought a high-profile western kickboxer. Highly recommend watching this fight regardless of your opinion on western vs eastern fighting.

ITT faggots who think Jiujitsu was created by the Gracies in Brazil

its incredibly difficult and only the best tacticians could ever hope to beat it GLHF
>insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/29-final-fantasy-tactics-13/

The MMA is a JOKE. There is no HONOR or RESPECT.

There is a raeson that big musclehead idiots do UFC fighting and that is because they lack the poise and intelligence of a martial artist WARRIOR

Hands down the art of kung fu will always beat the arrogance of stupid Americunts

2/10 bait, made me reply.
Have your (you) and be gone

But MMA includes Muay Thai. There is no technique in Muay Thai that the UFC guy doesn't have access to, except if it involves hitting the back of the head. Why would a random monk be better at general fighting than someone getting paid to fight on a regular basis?

At what? Showing off with parlor tricks and dodging actual fights?

Because some of you faggots apparently can't get this through your thick skulls, let me post this one more time for your benefit.

Here is a list of the sanctioned martial arts that will work against people who even know a little bit of what they're doing.

Striking: Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Kyokushin Karate, and Savate

Grappling: BJJ, Judo, Sambo, and Wrestling

Everything else is garbage when dealing with people who know what they're doing. They might work against regular humans, but even then they're lower percentage, so don't even bother.

I'd like to add TKD to this list. A well trained TKD fighter is legit.

spotted the IGNORANT Americunt

>Oh look another shitskin posting anti-abortion propaganda

Yea we'll see when McGregor fucking rapes Maynigger

>Wrestling

LOL, you know that meme style of 'Grappling' is fake right? I bet you're one of those idiots that actually think John Cina is actually a strong fighter LMAO.

Hate to break it to you kid but wrestling will not help you at all when you come across a real martial artist who will be able to hit you at your most vital pressure points with deadly precision and speed

lol mcgregor has almost no chance of even landing a punch

I'll second that

Not American. Eastern martial arts are not proven in fights. There is a reason in "mixed martial arts" you never see anyone striking with the edge of their open hand or doing a midair split as a kick. All the techniques in eastern martial arts seem to have evolved as exercise rather than to actually prepare you for a fight. Each of them contains some stuff that actually works, like grapple moves / holds from judo but by an large they are shit. Muay Thai is the only one that works in a free-form fight.

Do you think MMA fighters around the world (not just USA) are ignorant of eastern martial arts? Eastern martial arts gyms are extremely common in Europe and I'm sure they're common in the US, too. MMA fighters try their best to incorporate any move that could add to their arsenal. There's simply not much to find in eastern martial arts.

I'm talking about high school and college wrestling, not fucking Professional Wrestling. You ever see wrestling in the Olympics? I'm talking about that. Don't be a fucking retard.

Surrender now or die in obscurity!

The monk because he can karate chop bricks with his bare hands and if you stab him with a spear, the spear breaks

To be fair, a lot of the more effective (or dramatic and well-known) Eastern martial arts moves are banned under UFC rules. Open-hand edge strikes don't happen because they're illegal, same goes for a lot of techniques, and a lot of Eastern martial arts don't have anything left after their few effective moves are taken away.