Is lifting a holy cause?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity
youtube.com/watch?v=pg_nAAQWkb4&t=423s
youtube.com/watch?v=PkrU0uMkOzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you retarded? Lifting is vanity, it's literally a sin

Is not for health?

Even then it wouldn't make it holy in any way. It would be a positive thing in a Christian context only if it was so you could go on a crusade against the Muslims or something. Fasting on the other hand is holy

>Muscular Christianity
yes

>self improvement is a sin

Ask the Young Men's Christian Association.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity

>Muscular Christianity was a philosophical movement that originated in England in the mid-19th century, characterised by a belief in patriotic duty, manliness, the moral and physical beauty of athleticism, teamwork, discipline, self-sacrifice, and "the expulsion of all that is effeminate, unEnglish and excessively intellectual".

King David in Psalm 18:34
He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

Does it sound like God wants you to be strong?

Literally Fuck off this board.
Veeky Forums is preaching not lifting for girls, and improvisering yourself

Your ancestors are watching

Myself in my house 11:58

Liftith thy weight, not for the distractions of the flesh, but for the improvement of thy soul

>Excessively intellectual
What did They mean by this? On the surface it Sounds like They are refering to not "proving god".
Im not an atheist neckbeard by the way.

>Be God
>You want your believers to be kind, charitable, and hardworking

Do you want your believers either
>fat, wimpy, and frail
>strong and healthy not only in character but physical appearance

Could be in reference to men who unironically think they're too intelligent to lift or be physically proficient in any way.

Basically means being such a fucking nerd that you either view improving your body as a negative or you just completely disregard your own.

Our bodies are Temples of the Holy Spirit. By lifting we are reinforcing that temple. We can also offer our suffering and sacrifice in the gym as prayer by sharing in Christ's suffering on the Cross.

Look up muscular Christianity, making yourself strong and healthy is a holy endeavor. Even making yourself look aesthetic can be good, but it depends on your motivations. Are you making yourself aesthetic to get girls or for your own vanity? That is a sin, or at least misguided. But making yourself aesthetic as tribute to God, beauty for the sake of beauty, that is holy.

God doesn't exist, chaps.

>Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own

This picture reminds me of my favorite painting.

everything is holy if done with God. The ones who have the purest aims are with God and show other people who are free from envy the bounderies of a discipline

Treat your body like a temple. Like Jesus treated the temples.

Drive out all the filth and corruption. Make it pure and holy.

Dis da nofap guy?

According to pretty much all religion, we were made in the image of our creator, working out brings our bodies one step closer to that. It is one of the holiest pursuits in life

Slave morality is a gains goblin, christcucks.

Stay gay.

Didn't Jesus also rub whores feet? I could get down with this.

>taking care of the body that was made in Gods image
yes user.

Lifting is holy, your body is a temple, Christ taught us this, use your body to the full potential.
The gnostics, freemasons, Jesuits, (((them))), all hate the physical body and want to reach spiritual enlightenment to leave the material world behind.
Jesus taught the opposite, and Gnostics believe that Jesus was a metaphor or a Ghost, how could the son of God be a mortal?
It's all Heresy, that's why they shun the hard working physical man, portray us as meatheads, and try to get the nerdy beta male as the new Masculinity( see (((Buzzfeed))) .
Lift and be healthy, take delight in this world as God made you and give thanks and help fellow brothers out.

Amen. What are you doing on here? You were meant for more.

Really glad I found this thread, Im really trying to find the Lord and lately Im feeling closer than ever. Thanks guys.

>The world promises you comfort, but you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness.

Sounds good to me...

So close...

Satan pls

C-Christ laughs at numerology!

When someone strongly resists a foe in the flesh, relying solely on the strength of the flesh, I would hardly remark it, since this is common enough. And when war is waged by spiritual strength against vices or demons, this, too, is nothing remarkable, praiseworthy as it is, for the world is full of monks. But when the one sees a man powerfully girding himself with both swords and nobly marking his belt, who would not consider it worthy of all wonder, the more so since it has been hitherto unknown? He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel. He is thus doubly armed and need fear neither demons nor men. Not that he fears death--no, he desires it. Why should he fear to live or fear to die when for him to live is Christ, and to die is gain? Gladly and faithfully he stands for Christ, but he would prefer to be dissolved and to be with Christ, by far the better thing.
Go forth confidently then, you knights, and repel the foes of the cross of Christ with a stalwart heart. Know that neither death nor life can separate you from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ, and in every peril repeat, "Whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's."

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

damn

Its literally THE holy cause.

youtube.com/watch?v=pg_nAAQWkb4&t=423s

>the last one on saved pill
youtube.com/watch?v=PkrU0uMkOzM

Why would God make ugly people? Like horrible jaw, hair, height, etc, all shit beyond their control?

Isn't that kind of a dock move on his part?

>"seek out what the hand finds for you to do and do it with all your might"

Even fi you bumped everyone up 5 points there would just be a new standard for ugly/hot. It's all relative

Because God likes gambling. His entire universe runs on constant competition between varying odds.

Do you think Jesus would lift if he was around today?

you are god your body is your temple in this realm so ok yes it is.

Fucking little boys is also a holy thing apparently so I'd rather not bother myself with the question of judeo-christian holyness

if you're protestant

Working out at the library.

it isn't but have fun living in your fantasy world anyway

I lift for the Gods of Europe, not Israel.

Christianity is a rebellion against the kikes

If you do it for that reason, why not. I lift so that I'm better prepared for what Christ needs of me.

If a slice of bread has some mold on it... do you tear off the mold and eat the bread? Or do you throw out the entire slice?

Using violence isn't very (((Christian))) of you. "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Ro12:19

No, you're an atheist who LARPs for the gods of Europe just like 99% of pagans.

only if you're a calvinist

that's an artistic rendering of your lord and savior, motherfucker.

Leg day is suffering.

The Lord knows you, user, you don't have to look far and wide for Him. He's already right in front of you.

If you want it to be then yes friend. Unless you like traps in which case you are lifting for the gays.

Do you think that God will not have his vengeance? How might that vengeance come about other than through we who are God's hands and feet in the world? Indeed, we are not to seek vengeance for our own sake, for slights against ourselves. But to defend those whom we love, to defend the church we love, to uphold the worship of the God we love, must be done with the sword on occasion.

Are you going to abandon your religious views every time they're misrepresented?
Disguard millenia worth of white history because of fedora tippers shamed into LARPing as pagans to have a religion?
Recommended reading: Abolition of Man.

They don't want people to be smart enough to see past their scam

The old testament god would want strong followers, the new testament wouldn't - it's assumed that man is weak

this

So you are going to discard multiple millenia worth of European history, because of a hip new age asian religion, known as christianity? And that's somehow better?

You could say that about any religion. You choose to say it about paganism, the native religion of Europeans, because you wish to destroy your heritage as christians always have

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body.

>I know the Christian faith better than St. Bernard

But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Romans 13:4

"Kindness is for fools. They want them to be treated with oil, soap and caresses, but they should be beaten with fists! In a duel, you don't count or measure the blows, you strike as you can! War is not made with charity, it is a struggle, a duel. If our Lord were not terrible, he would not have given an example in this too. See how he treated the Philistines, the sowers of error, the wolves in sheeps clothing, the traitors in the temple. He scourged them with whips!" St. Pius X

Beautiful

Those faggots who say they work out at the library like that pathetic comic

Fuck, legit goosebumps

my ancestors weren't Roman