Biggest piece of serious, non-obvious advice for speeding up and maximizing gains in the gym?

Biggest piece of serious, non-obvious advice for speeding up and maximizing gains in the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
youtube.com/watch?v=lKM-8CZRplI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Steroids.

yep

stop making gay ass fucking threads and go lift something

Prepare meals so you have something good to eat.

Get lots of sleep.

Avoid caffeine except pre workout whenever possible.

Discipline and diet; eat enough and adhere to a schedule. You don't get to skip the gym, you don't get to skip a meal, unless you don't want to get fit.

there are no shortcuts faggot unless you roid

stretch

Progressive overload. No bullshit pump workouts.

- Eat more
- Sleep more
- Don't stress
- Make sure it's continuous sustainable training with realistic goals and progression
- Don't do your own program,rather tailor one of the existing progams (anyone really) to your needs. You are not a special snowflake that needs superspecial training and you are not smarter than Boris Sheiko, Candito, Dietmar etc etc. Any program is better than your own, unless you are some sort of advanced lifter, in that case, you already know how to tailor a program.

My 2 cents

Consistency

You can have a great routine planned for 4x/week and diet, but if you're only hitting the gym once a week you get once a week results.

The guy that actually does the work gets results. Steroids doesn't change that, it just moves the range of results

1) Frequency (every 48-72 hours)
2) Intensity (go to total, screaming failure)
3) Volume (less weight, more sets/reps)

>2) Intensity (go to total, screaming failure)
wrong.

Pump = larger more filled muscles and a far greater work capacity overall
Also you'll hit the wall faster with progressive overload focused workouts alone rather then general weight lifting where you do both.

More sets = more gains. Obviously up to a limit. But if you were going to do 3 sets, then 6 sets would be better with the same weight. As long as sets are hard, and you're pushing yourself, you're getting gains.

This is related to size for the most part, and is for rep ranges above 6ish - no hard set rules, though. Obviously you can't do 10+ singles at close to a 1rm or something.

He's never done a linear progression, so he doesn't know.

I meant in the case of OP. If he wants to "speed up gains," then he is probably still a beginner. Progressive overload is going to give much better gains, but it's of course not possible in the long run.

Unless you have been lifting for a while, pump workouts is not the best approach.

this is a good one

this one would be obvious if we were not in an era of internet nerd-lifters who take SS and PPST as gospel and think more than one set of deadlifts a week is overtraining

TUNA

LOTS OF TUNA

>every 48-72 hours

per muscle group. He should be working out 5/7 days.

>intensity
do NOT go to failure, do 5 reps of about 80% load
>volume
If you do high sets / reps you better be on roids because otherwise you won't gain for shit.

I actually almost didn't type it because it should be obvious, but I listened to the type of dogma bs you mentioned for years (on and off, 2 months on, 8-9 off, etc) and kept quitting because zero progress other than strength was made. Then I thought "fuck it" and just started putting a ton of work into the lifts and muscles I wanted results in and actually made gains.

If anyone wants some actual proof other than anecdote:
strongerbyscience.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/

I'm even dicking around with Bugenhagen style training and in 4 days my max OHP has gone from 135 to 170... There's all kinds of gains to be made if you just quit being a pussy and stop worrying about over training and just put in the fucking work.

Actually read SS

Consistency and Nutrition and Rest are the most important things
You can get big doing damned near anything strenuous.

>If you do high sets / reps you better be on roids because otherwise you won't gain for shit

Completely untrue.

Steriods if your not natty

Consistent 8hours+ of sleep every night.

Have you done them? Are roids really that magical? I mean I know they're probably great, but would it be like mindblowing 'this is too good to be true' type shit?

Pause at the top of the lift and squeeze.

>Obviously you can't do 10+ singles at close to a 1rm or something.

70-80% is very doable, Justa did it for DL and it works
80-85% is doable as long as your conditioning isn't shit
85-90% takes some balls
90+% is crazy fucking tier, and if you're never willing to go there then take up knitting

A true 20rep squat cycle is crazy fucking tier as well, and is something everyone should try

>Steroids
>Diet
>Sleep
>5/3/1
>More volume

Anything else is detail or memes

You build more muscle sitting on your ass on roids than you do training natty.

Pre workout is worse for your health than coffee or tea

>If you do high sets / reps you better be on roids because otherwise you won't gain for shit.
Volume work/hypertrophy/Time under tension is where I made my gains. You're full of shit

1) do it diet and routine exactly like you are told (as long as it's proven). You learn where to implement exceptions after years, not days

2) for strength you need to occasionally train for size and Vice versa.

3) eat big to get big. Bulk slow, cut slow

4) compound movements will be responsible for 85% of gains.

5) steroids: nobody ever runs 1 cycle. 90% juicers dose way too high, less is more long term. Period.

6) don't skip legs even if you only want an aesthetic upper body.

7) lifting and gaining muscle are the 2 best weight losing aids, no questions (of course, calorie deficit is a given)

8) all muscles need to be hit twice a week, no less.

9) drink more water

10) don't rely on pre workout stimulants

11) once you are happy with what you see in the mirror you will start slacking

12) skipping one day leads to guilt which leads to skipping two days. If you can't go 6 days a week, plan on 4, and stick to it unless you literally break a leg/arm and can't lift.

13)always have a specific goal in mind. Not just "bigger".

14) the less you show off your gains, the sexier they are. Trust me. Don't wear tank tops etc regularly

15) the only supplements you'll ever need are protein powder, creatine, and multivitamins. Unless you are competing high level this is always true.

16) sleep 8-10 hours a night ON TIME. The more you adhere to specific bedtime and wake time the more efficient your sleep is.

17) plan rest days, cheat meals, and nights to party/socialize. You'll burn out if you don't.

18) if you juice keep an eye on your heart. Most just test liver values and hormones, maybe BP/pulse. Not enough.

19) tan skin makes muscles look way better. Tanning will also make you look old and shitty more quickly.

20) never trust a girl who says she's on birth control. If you gotta go raw, at least pull out

21) lifting can be an addiction. Addiction is never stopped, only replaced. Many addicts become lifters and vice versa. Be careful.

For the first 6 weeks, yeah. Do you really think a year of that will show the Same results?

I hate people who use that study to excuse being retarded.

With the power of GOD anything is possible bros! We're all gonna make it!

youtube.com/watch?v=lKM-8CZRplI

LIFT MORE
LIFT MORE OFTEN
LIFT MORE WEIGHT
DO MORE SETS

Progress in some way from workout to workout (more reps or more sets or more weight) eat right, hitting relatively similar macros from day to day and make your adjustments week to week depending on goals and GET ADEQUATE REST, meaning 2 days off of a body part after working it out, never less

>close to a 1rm
>90% and below...
>relevant

Go ahead and try it
10 singles @ 85-90%
Under 1 minute rest, 20-30s is better

If your conditioning is shit that you need 5-6 minutes between sub-maximal sets, then heavy singles are going to tax you too much

TFw I nut in my gf who isn't on birth control because I don't care
(:

DEVILISH
E
V
L
S
I
FUC

what's wrong with pre workout precious?