Noncoiner help thread

hi Veeky Forums noncoiner here, started lurking a few months ago and cant stop

if i want to get in now what are my best options? you can tell me to look at other threads all you want but i really have no idea how to read into those - i understand the concepts but in order to get my hands dirty i need some currency to start trading with.

i already got a wallet on coinbase, but what's next? for what i deduced while lurking it should be either ETH and LINK because most of the honest-sounding shilling is about them and BTC sounds like a false god.

what is Veeky Forums recommendation for noncoiner-tier trading?

thanks in advance

we are the fiatmarines

1.Purchase ETH on coinbase
2.Send ETH to Bittrex/Binance/Any Exchange of Your Choice
3.Buy coins you want
4.Wait.

I would recommend keeping some in ETH, and picking up some OMG and LINK.

Make an account on binance.com
Send btc there
Buy LINK
Make wallet on myetherwallet.com
Send LINK there
Become filthy rich in 1 year

MOD, ETH and XMR are pretty good.

except literally never send BTC its got higher transaction fees, and its about 10-15 minutes slower.
only use ETH when transferring money, unless you genuinely enjoy paying more for slower speeds.

Top KEK XD

With regard to Veeky Forums, have a look at threads across the catalog. If you see a lonesome thread which explains the idea behind a product and can technically explain it, then it might be a good one to have a look at. If you see threads with people posting only about the movement of the coin (going up! buy now!) its probably a shitcoin and you'll get burned.

not from us or other coinbase supported countries.
but coinbase sets it's own price (including commision) for me to buy ETH. arent there websites that let me buy eth from other people using credit card or something in order to avoid those?

Invest in stocks lad
>never have to worry about 70-90% drop
>keeps going up and up
>don't have to pay taxes for 20 years
>earns actual cash flows

Crypto:
>not backed by any cash flows. In equilibrium will only grow with inflation
>massive bubble currently. If you enter into the peak right now, expect massive losses

stocks
>never have to worry about 70-90% gains
>goes up at tortoise speeds
>dont get to touch your money for decades otherwise you lose a large portion of it
>makes less per day than a minimum wage job

crypto:
>emerging technology
>less than 0.1% of the current world GDP

>Download Blockfolio
>make a account on bittrex
>throw 50 in coin of your choosing
The only true way to learn is to just do it, also putting real money in makes it a instant 100x more fun

i'm in tech and, already made the decision it's worth investing in, please actual coin-trade suggestions user

Wait for REQ to hit atl

> wait for what to hit what?
am i doing it right user?

Wrong times to buy.. for weaklings.
It is bloodbath right now, with Wall St whales running rampant destroying the anuses of pink wojaks.
You have to possess the iron hands or suffer the painful JUST

Bitcoin

It's actually a good time to buy alts right now, isn't it? How low can it go. Few coins to look into OP: msp, streamr, loopring, red pulse. Always do your own research. If you want low risk coins just buy OMG before the fork.

it isnt, btc can pull the rug out of all crypto

am i supposed to trade using tether?

Not sure if trolling ,retarted, or just low level of iq.

COSS + 3 months waiting = profit $$$

Veeky Forums was doing "honest" shilling as you say when it was 9.5k sats, it's now 2.3k, you'd lost 75% of your money if you listened to them.

Modum is where it's at now. They actually have real customers in the real world that are waiting for the captors to come, Q1 2018 they get real income.

Smart contracts will be there maybe in 2020, and they won't need decentralised oracles, chainlink is literally shit. Maybe a 20million marketcap would be right.

Also don't buy all at once, get some eth every month and pick an alt. Keep some eth on the side so you can invest without having to sell another coin.

keep wondering

ok, is USDT (tethewhatever) a good way to eventually buy ETH?
coinbase does not support buying for me and other sites that do support charge a nice commission, 316$ per eth now (is it any different in conbase? i cant even see the price)

No, you need bitcoins to buy usdt, or ether to buy tether.
Why can't you buy on coinbase ? Wait for bank confirmation, or use credit card for a purchase of less than 500$.
Or try localbitcoins, you can use paypal, bank or even cash if you meet someone irl.

DON'T. FUCKING. DAY. TRADE.
Seriously. Wish someone told me this when I started. Just hodl. Good luck

b-but why?

Anyone have that crypto starter pack image with maxed out credit cards, student loans, and bittrex?

Because you will lose out in fees and more wins are required to cover the losses. Overtime, you may feel like you've won more but just take a snapshot of the BTC amount you had before and after you start trading.
You will definitely notice holding the BTC was the right choice.
Just buy, hodl, and accumulate.

You'll get screwed by experimented traders, bots, the spread, fees etc. When you find an alt you like, hold for at least a few days or even weeks/months.

Also don't listen to shit advice like Omise, is already the 13th biggest coin with 600 millions market already. And they have no working product, they need ethereum to be upgraded (and that can take years), before what they want to do can be possible. They have a shit ton of competitor and if they're big like that is because they pretended to be partner with apple and google, which was wrong, but holders are scared to sell at loss now.

Go for solid projects with a low marketcap, hold a few weeks, cash out at 3x your investment, and repeat.
I did it twice already, and Modum is next.

I'll stay here for other questions OP, even if you're a troll I'm sure other newfags are reading this thread.

Do i buy eth/btc now and go trade alts or wait for btc to crash (i understand it doesn’t have to)

Buy Bitcoen, it's the jewish Bitcoin.

Do you care about fiat value or btc value ?
Eth is "always" 300$, so you can buy now and keep some until you find a good alt.
Bitcoin I don't know, it might correct now, later or never.
If you have an alt in mind, go for it now, good chance it'll gain value in november.

My dad asked me the same, I said wait for the 18th november and buy bitcoins, but he doesn't care about alts.