Is it fucked up to name my kid Hercules...

Is it fucked up to name my kid Hercules? my fiancé Is 8 months pregnant and pretty much does whatever the fuck I say but im almost embarrassed to pick the name of my kid. I know its gonna be a boy and I want an alpha name for my son and my fiancé doesn't have a say in the matter, I can imagine a potential employer reading my sons name off a resume and him being first pick for a job/ all the potential pussy he may get from his name. plus the psychological effects of having such an alpha title/name will make him a fucking beast in the gym. am I making the right call?

at least make it Herakles instead of some washed down diluted shit

Mom named me Adonis
22 years old and I don't quite fit the name. I get a number of comments about that. I'm working towards getting there. Just make sure you get your kid active young and nurture the interest in fitness or he will be laughed at like me

>not naming him Dominus and nicknaming him dom, friends think his real name is dominic

Don't fucking do it! Do you want your child to be bullied all he time because he doesn't live up to the name?

Don't do it, he'll hate you you fucking autist.

Hercules Hercules hercules!

Good idea, then his name is basically "dominate" which is good in everything he does

how the fuck is herakles any different?
trust me this kid is in bootcamp from atleast 4-18, he will be an athlete and chad so his name wont garner any hazing, unlike you

and my thoughts exactly,

Parents decided to put "Atilla" as my middle name so, but I kind like it anyways.

he's still not going to live up to the name of a legendary mythical hero you idiot. if you want to control him and have him do everything you were too incompetent to do at that age, just name him chad and get him doing gymnastics. sure he might resent you but at least you can live life through him that wawy

Don't unless you want him to end up as the kind of guy that posts on /r9k/. Be cheeky and name him Chad

Just pick some random ancient roman or greek name there are so many

More likely he'll just fuck around to spite you

Do it.

If your wife is letting you do it.

I want to call my kid Augustus or Aurelius and my girl is totally against it.

Holy shit if this is true its the best name ever!

are you black?

I know a guy named Adonis, he's not bad looking but a manlet and doesn't really work out. he goes by AJ kek I think because he knows he doesn't fit the name.

Don't do it, it's just the name is too much. Why not name him after your father or grandfather? I'm sure they have decent names. Or name him after yourself

Zyzz. Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics

>mfw looking at my family tree
>lars jonsson
>jon larsson
>lars jonsson
>jon larsson
>lars jonsson
>jon larsson
feels like a bit of a cookie cutter move Tbh

Pull a Trump and name him Barron. Or King. Or just fucking Alpha

Name him Samson, which is basically Biblical Hercules, and call him Sam for short.

This.
It only works if OP's black.
It's like Augustus
Based name, but it seems odd if there isn't some kind of "excuse".

Though, if you're going to go full autist, I'd say "Achilles".
Or Diomedes.
Or Hector.
Well, maybe the Mexicans have ruined that one

Samson is based as fuck.

And it's normie enough to pass easily.

Damn i really want to do Augustus too. Im getting at least a middle name out of it.

>lonesome dove

My BJJ coach's name is Adonis. He's an absolute god. Literally one of the fittest people I've ever met.

Keep working user.

This is what middle names are for. He needs something he can use in business later in life as his given name, but a middle name can be a source of confidence. Hell, give him two middle names.

user Percival Hercules McAnonson for example.

Kek

OP, name him faggot so he may take after his father.

Don't do it OP. You need to use finesse and a gentle hand to guide your kid onto the right path. If you try too hard to force it, for example by naming him after a fucking demigod, he will resent you and do everything he can to spite you. Don't be like those nutty beauty pageant moms.

It's different because people still (pretty rarely) get named Herakles in greece (Ηραkλής).

Honestly though, there are more bad ass ancient names you can pick

>Achilles
>Apollo
>Leonidas
>Dionysius
>Aris

All these names are more common in greece as well

>I can imagine a potential employer reading my sons name off a resume and him being first pick for a job/ all the potential pussy he may get from his name.
They'll think that your kid is a nigger and never call him in for interviews. Not memeing. This sort of this is well-researched.

>not respecting tradition

This. Middle names can spice up an ordinary name and in my experience most people usually don't notice/find out about it unless you tell them your whole name.

If a kid doesn't like it for some reason he can just avoid using it and remove it when he is old enough.

>trust me this kid is in bootcamp from atleast 4-18, he will be an athlete and chad
no way this will backfire at all, none whatsoever

why don't you name him Goku, OP? He was stronger than even Hercules

What do if you get two boys though?

According to the laws of the Icelandic Alþingi, if two sons are born, they must wait till their 8th year and then fight to death for the right to carry their father's name.

>naming a kid Hercules instead of Theseus

Hercules was an idiot. The dude shot an arrow at the fucking sun once because it was too hot out, for example.

Name your kid Theseus instead; he wasn't as strong as Herc but was still jacked as hell like all Greek heroes, and he was smart and kind as well.

>Hercules
heracles sound better

WE WUZ GREEKS AND SHIT

why dont you named a germanic name?

why named something that doesnt go with your people/culture

WE WUZ ROMAN AND SHIT

Theseus was a punk though
It as Ariadne's idea to use the string.
And after he escapes, he dumps her on some island and fucks her sister instead.

Odysseus is the name you want for /fitlit/ tier names

That's retarded. Give him a proper WASP name.

Haven't you seen the study about naming children and jobs? Hercules is something a nigger would name their child. Call him "William" or "Alex" and be done with it.

Alexander would be a nice compromise

Damn it, said it before I could

make sure he puts the glad in gladiator

are you guys germanic?

why you praise roman/greek culture and religion instead of germanic culture and religion?

Name him atlas instead

We're AMERICAN
Which means all our Europe is an ancestral heritage fit to plunder.

Do you know that there has never been an American president without German heritage?

That's a stupid name. I named my kid Maximus Rex and I think Herculese is a stupid name.

Name him after the one true god.

Vynz.

but you guys are all germanic, your ancestor were the vandals, saxons, anglos, ostrogoths, visigoths, lombards, etc

why you praise roman/greek culture?

odin and thor are rolling in their graves right now

>Literally the nigger attitude regarding name picking
>If i name him deAndre, ppl be thinking this nigga be tough

Your name can only be a minus, never a plus. It can show your parents had no education or are trying to overcompensate hard, but it's the mane that make the name great.
If you name your kid Eleanor and he becomes 'Eleanor Johnson, the first man to walk on Mars' Eleanor can even become a cool name for a dude to bear.
If you name your kid Hercules or Chuck Norris or Katpiss, you're just telling the world you tried too hard.

Because the British are also Romantic.
Not only from the Roman conquest, but from the Norman one too.

America has purview over all European cultures.
We're a pure distillation of what made Europe great.

Also
>Norse gods
>graves

My buddy named his kid Odin a few years ago. He was horrified when one of the backstreet boys named his son Odin as well.

normans were a germanic tribe
>Because the British are also Romantic.
they stopped being roman/celtic when germanic invaded

>Norse gods
norse are germanics, those gods are germanic and were praise by all germanic people

My name is William John.

My son will be William Alexander which will make his initials WAR

American educational system and upper echelon had a boner for rome/greek.
They were all WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHIZNIT about that shit.
Have you seen all of that ghetto as fuck faux roman architecture the wealthy wanted and had built around the country?
It's fucking embarassing.

Normans WERE a Germanic tribe.
Until they settled and integrated with the Franko-Roman natives.

Britain has every strain of European except for Slav.

>Until they settled and integrated with the Franko-Roman natives.
franks were a germanic tribes

ffs you are germanic and you dont know shit about your history
wtf man?>Britain has every strain of European except for Slav.
they are mostly germanic

I hate you but also hate myself for remembering what that is from

>ffs you are germanic and you dont know shit about your history
Nigger, you speak louder than your facts back up.

Franks were Germanic.
But they were occupiers of a Gallo-Roman territory.
Why does modern France speak a Romantic language isn't of a Germanic language?
Why does Britain speak a Germanic language instead of a Romantic one?

Because it depends on demographics.
France speaks French because the Franks conquered a Latin speaking Gaul. A Gallo-Roman Gaul full of Roman descended people.
People teach their kids the language of their parents.
Since Latin survives today in France in the form of French it means that the Franks could not out settle and out breed the natives who spoke Latin

Compare that to Britain. Rome did conquer England but they never bred enough to extinguish the roots. Just like the Franks didn't.

It was the Angles, Jutes, and Saxons that overtook the native Celts. Not the Romans.

Let's look again at the Normans. They were descended from Rollo and his Norse Men.
But the assimilated and joined with the natives.
Just like the Franks did in France.
They became who they "conquered"

At the end of the day, language strongly correlated with heritage. Everyone speaks the language of their mother. That's why we call it "mother tongue".
If a conqueror does not change the language of a territory, then it shows that they only took over the top and never the bottom.

why you got mad germanic?
you just chimped out, im not surprised, you germanics cant hide that you are savage

>Why does modern France speak a Romantic language isn't of a Germanic language?
because germanics adopted a romance language?
that is simple
>Why does Britain speak a Germanic language instead of a Romantic one?
because saxons and anglos were more savage than franks
>Since Latin survives today in France in the form of French it means that the Franks could not out settle and out breed the natives who spoke Latin
they did outbreed the natives

stop WEWUZIZZING, germanic and im not even black

Germanics are savage.
I remember Arminius and his betrayal

But you missed my point
The root of the language a nation speaks indicates who were the plebs of the nation.

English is the most Romantic of all Germanic languages.
It's a proper panEuropean language.

Are you really Dominican by the way? The nation, not the mendicant order.

yes i am, i live here

>But you missed my point
the way i see it is that you germanics just want to claim roman/greek history as yours and that is very pathetic

I don't know how you folk deal with the heat.
I think I just about melt over 80.

Do you think that you're Indian? Are you... Carib? Is that what the natives there speak?
You're Hispanic.
Are you the same as the Spaniards?
Or the Mexicans?

I don't think Anglos "claim" the Greco-Roman history.
But to say we don't have a bloodline with it is wrong.
We are no more pure Germanic than you are pure Hispanic.

hispanic is not a race

>We are no more pure Germanic
but most of you are pure germanic or have 80-90% germanic blood

so you think you have 10% roman blood and you can claim their history and culture as yours?

I'd say go for it if you didn't make it obvious from your post that your appreciation of Greek mythology goes as far as liking some fucking Disney movie from when you were a kid. Whatever you do just don't do the Greek spelling, everyone knows the Roman spelling and it will only makes things awkward for the kid when they have to explain hundreds of times in their life that "oh it's like Hercules but different."

This is unironically part of my family tree, except it's only 4 links.
Easy, you name one after your own father and one after yourself (this unironically also happened more than once)

Hispanic is a race like Germanic is.
You can decide whether that's a true category or not.

What I've been touching on again and again is language.

English is very Romantic compared to other Germanic languages.
You cannot deny the influence that the Normans had on Britain.
Nor the Romans either.
Every British city to end in "Chester" or the like came from a Roman name.

Language is super important.
English is obviously primarily Germanic, but it's not entirely.
I think you have an inferiority complex with your Romantic mothertongue.

How are foreigners received in Iceland?
It seems like a paradise to live in

after reading your responses to comments i'd say get your wife to get an abortion and kill yourself

I don't know, I'm norwegian :^)

You guys don't have strict patronymic systems though?
Why not name your sons whatever the fuck you want?

>Hispanic is a race like Germanic is.
lol no, its like a culture, kind of, its more a language thing

if you born and learn spanish and only speak spanish then you can say you are hispanic
>I think you have an inferiority complex with your Romantic mothertongue.
why you say that?
>English is very Romantic compared to other Germanic languages.
that is because they adopted romantic words, they adopted things form an advanced civilization, that isnt uncommon

Where do you think the Icelanders got it from? My great-grandfather was the first in my fathers line to take a last name in ~1900.

>why you say that?
Because you keep forcing me to say that I am wholly Germanic. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

English took more than just words from the Romantics.
Like the suffix "er".
Like builder or jumper. The Old English suffix for the same meaning was "ling". We don't use it any more. Instead we use the suffix "er" like the French "eur".

I could think of more, but I'm pretty drunk on rum. You Caribbeans know how to make fucking booze. If it weren't so hot all the time, I'd love to spend some time there.

One of my great grandfathers was British Irish.
The other was a French Jew.

I kinda envy you Euros who can definitely say where they are from.

Hercules is fucking badass name especially if he decides to get ripped

>tfw want to call my hypothetical daughter Cassiopeia, Athena, or Bellatrix

What are other cool, strong female names m80s?

Diana (Roman Artemis), Selena (Roman Goddess of the Moon aside from Diana), Cassandra (Trojan princess who was cursed to always know what was going to happen but no one would believe her).

Those are normie-esque names. Athena/Minerva are my favourites, but they're not too common.

There's also Penthesilea if you want to make her suffer.

Diana is p common here, Selena doesn't tickle my fancy, Cassandra is nice. How could I forget about Minerva, that name is great at transmitting what I'd want in my daughter. Plus, we've got a local brewery with that name whose stout I'm in love with.

>Penthesilea
Kek she'd hate my guts 4ever

well you are welcome then here, lad
you can come in december/january, its cool here

This was my first thought as well.

Thanks, bud.
I think your definition of "cool" differs from mine, but I'd still love to visit.

My pop, in his retirement, sails around the Caribbean. He says that the Dominican is something special.
A civilized island not ruined by American megacorps like Puerto Rico is.
He said that the contrast between the two was shocking.

>reminding me of augustus
t-thanks

VARUS, GIVE ME BACK MY LEGIONS

Truth here.