Need sauce ideas to go with chicken and rice. Preferably very low fat, low salt, low sugar...

Need sauce ideas to go with chicken and rice. Preferably very low fat, low salt, low sugar. Had a google and can't find shit.

Post your secret recipes Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

cookingforengineers.com/recipe/147/Dirty-Rice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mustard

put some saracha on it after you neck yourself.

Greek yogurt works reasonably well as a creme / sour cream substitute for any success calling for those. I personally like reheating my chicken with a few spoonfuls of salsa and greek yogurt and putting the heated mixture over potatoes.

Sriracha

Or cook onion, season with chili, salt, madras and garam masala, add diced tomatoes, done. Also tastes good cold

If you're in the UK then buy Nando's sauce.

Genuinely the best sauce I ever had and also goes with eggs,veggies, mince beef & rice and basically everything.

sadness

Also fixed tomatoes with ground peanuts.

Or blend red bell pepper with cream, property salt, done

Throw some crushed red peppers on that bitch for a lil heat

Tabasco

Rub cajun on de breasts

Or stuff 'em with feta

Thanks for the replies lads. Will check out nandos sauces. I'm 200 calories away from my daily target and have already met my fat and protein requirements, so really need a sauce to throw on a meal and get me there without adding loads of fat, salt or sugar

>fat, salt, or sugar

Pick one. Any sauce worth your time is going to have at least one. My recommendation is salt, since the evidence against it is weak anyways. Soy sauce, Tabasco (green is GOAT), furikake powder (check your local Asian market), Sriracha, you're golden.

teriyaki with extra salt and sugar

>furikake powder
>MSG

No ty

>cookingforengineers.com/recipe/147/Dirty-Rice

Use regular water not stock.
Grill some chicken breast dice it and put it on top of the rice.

Season your meat. Or marinade it, though that ups your fat intake a few grams. I've been using a recipe with olive oil, lemon zest, capers, garlic and a ton of fresh oregano (because it grows like a fucking fire in my garden). Rice you can add lentils (tasty protein) and a few spices to make a great Mediterranean rice called Mujadra. Also has some olive oil typically (to carmelize the onions mostly, but you can def cut back on what the recipe asks for, just keep the heat obnoxiously low and cook them for 4 hours).

1st. always brine your chicken before baking
2nd. soy sauce+vinegar
3rd. steak seasoning
4th. Taco seasoning+salsa+hot sauce
5th. greek seasoning
6th. Creole seasoning

Sounds fucking terrible

sriracha

>200 calories away
>loads of fat, salt or sugar
My good man, you know that those calories have to come from somewhere. You already have carbs (rice) and protein (chicken) on your plate. Where on Earth do you think the 200 calories are coming from if not from fat?

I like Asian flavors on white rice and chicken. Soy sauce is good (salty), but there are plenty of others. A lot of them are sugary, but you have 200 kcal to play with.

Unless you are preparing for competition, then what's up with the salt? Just simple chicken broth is good, but it is somewhat salty.

If you change it to something like Mexican rice,then salsa is awesome at almost no calories, zero fat, zero sugar.

any louisiana style hot sauce

Sriracha has unnecessary calories, get yourself Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce instead. Not only are the macros the next best thing to mustard, but it tastes better.

MSG isn't dangerous, but anyways you can buy brands that don't have it. Or you can make it, it's basically just nori, bonito flakes, and sesame seeds.

Trader Joe's Green Dragon Sauce and Yuzu Sauce is what I've been using lately. Works well.

Frank's Red Hot

Seasoning. Herbs don't have calories. Rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic, onion, etcetera. Curry powder and cayenne pepper too but some curry powders contain salt. Lemon juice will also work very well.

The real pro move here is to saute some garlic along with your chicken. If you're grilling it in a pan, this won't be hard. When your turn off the flame but the pan's still hot dump in a little white wine. The alcohol will cook off. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown stuff off the bottom of the pan. It's delicious and a very small amount of wine can go a long way.

Water

calories of sauce that can't have anything in it
What the fuck m8.

MADMILK

khao man gai is fucking godlike, man I miss portland

HUMMUS