Got my year gym pass today, so I'm going to start doing this shit tomorrow. I've already been fixing my shit diet...

Got my year gym pass today, so I'm going to start doing this shit tomorrow. I've already been fixing my shit diet, so I guess this is the last(?) Step.

I just want to know what machines or dumbbell shit I should do just to acquaint myself with everything. (Im 6'4", BMI 30.4. I have, like, negative upper body strength, but my legs are at least decent, and my potbelly is what I really hate, if that helps any)

Tl;dr what should I do at my first trip to the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines/push-pull-routine-gain-muscle-and-simplify-your-training
twitter.com/AnonBabble

push, then pull, followed by legs, then you can take a day off or repeat that and take a day off.

>remember to take your water bottle
>decide your program beforehand
>look up tutorials on youtube how to perform your lifts
>re-rack weights, don't be a faggot
>feed the gym falcon

Beyond that, what's the proper attire?

Is this the right idea?
mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines/push-pull-routine-gain-muscle-and-simplify-your-training

A tuxedo. Cane and monocole are optional.

A t shirt, a pair of shorts, flat sole shoes. Don't forget to bring a towel

Read The Sticky
Read Starting Strength: The Book
DO Starting Strength: The Program
????
Enjoy Swoleness

My cane's at the dry cleaner with my fedora, hope will do fine.

When should I expect the swole?

Do Starting Strength or Stronglifts

No. Mens fitness magazines and websites are 99% clickbait memes. Typical advice is to do starting strength or stronglifts or something along those lines for ~6 months then hop on PPL. Honestly if youre serious go to /r/fitness or bodybuilding.com, this board is barely a half step above r9k and only good for memes

Yeah. Something like that. Don't be discouraged if you gas out half way or feel very stiff the next couple days. Keep going. We're all gonna make it

whenever you get to

Thanks all, I feel less nervous now that I sort of know what to expect.

>no money can buy it
Yeah sure, Arnie didn't pay for roids

yeah pay for steroids and sit at home and see what happens

Hypertrophy

going to the gym is ez op, the real challenge is consistency, which 99% bet that you will fall back to your old habits sometime in the future, lose all your gains, but good news is you can always get back into it.

good luck,

bring a gallon of milk
Everyone at the gym has milk. Everyone will laugh if you don't have mil.
Also everyone will laugh if you do more than 3 sets of squats. Come in, do 3 sets of squats, drink gallon of milk, make some oats, and fucking leave. You'll get so fucking shredded.

Squat, bench, row, deadlift, and overhead press the empty barbell. Learn the form.

The empty barbell starts at 45 lbs. Add 2.5 lbs the next time you go. Keep adding 2.5 lbs. Eventually you will be squatting a billion pounds.

>tutorials on youtube

fuck that shit use exrx nigger