Homegym

Veeky Forums, my buddy make a DIY power rack. How much do you think he can reasonably lift before the rack totally snaps and he an heros?

I'm thinking lmao2pl8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cheJymRngnA?list=LL3Jywn7yLFQ6cPtm_wH2XxQ&t=82
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=785973
board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=71136
home-gym-bodybuilding.com/homemade-reverse-hyperextension.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's could last 1.5 pl8 before the breaking
Unless he straight drops the bar on the wood

needs more duct tape, wrap the whole thing in it and should be good enough even if you use atlas stones instead of plates

If made properly it can handle a surprising amount

youtu.be/cheJymRngnA?list=LL3Jywn7yLFQ6cPtm_wH2XxQ&t=82

Holy fuggggg

Your friend is a bit of a tard who is lacking in basic construction skills and a basic awareness of physics/statics.

Those things would be wobbly as fuck with 2pl8 on top. Use some 2x4s backed by plywood gussets to extend the footprint.

Jesus fuck. I have a power rack out of wood but only 2 ply 2x6. I didn't even think about the platform.

That other shit he has though... you'd need plans for that. I was going to buy a hyperextension machine but he inspired me to just make one instead.

This fucking guy should release or even sell some of his plans tbough. I'm sure I could figure it out eventually, but it'd be better to have a blueprint. Plus free wood from work so I'm going to start loading up

iktf, I wasn't aware how much of this stuff was really doable but I'm drawing up some plans for a cable crossover rn

That forearm machine and the combination machine or whatever you call it, are completely ridiculous. He must have a couple buddies who brainstormed that with him.

I wish I had a bigger garage now though. Time to see what exactly has blueprints on machines.

share any blueprints m8

You do realize that houses are made of wood, right?

Right, but how often are you dropping 200psi of pressure on your average house?

A single footfall generates a little over 200 pounds of force into the floor if you're an adult, so...

Mine works just fine

this retards going "hurr durr only 2 pl8 hehe" are fucking retarded

if he replaces the duct tape with some long screws and assuming thats cement in those bucks it could probably hold 500 pounds before it get too dangerous, that looks completely fine for basic lifting

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=785973

board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=71136

home-gym-bodybuilding.com/homemade-reverse-hyperextension.html

This is in my immediate future. Though now I'm not sure if I want the normal hyperextension or a reverse hyper now. I could probably go build the normal hyper in 20 minutes right now, but that reverse looks interesting. Help.

WTF is he doing.
>wide leg deadlifts
>squats not low
>bench press no full ROM

I just can't watch anymore.

NEEDS some kind of crossbracing so it doesnt tip over sideways or something

nice home made guilotine

Ya'll really don't have a clue how strong wood is against the grain, do you?

I don't like how you have no safeties for bench. Build some safeties

Tell him to at least not paint it

These are really autistic ways to describe sumo dead and half repping.

Post your numbers sempai.

>Headline: "Man Decapitated by Homemade Guillotine, Heard Shouting 'LIGHTWEIGHT BABY' Before Death"

More than 2 plate. They're sturdy.

It's not about the wood shattering under the mighty weight of 2pl8. It's about A) the stand having a teeny tiny base, which is a tipping hazard, and B) the stand being held together by duct tape and friction (appears to be planted in a bucket of sand). Basically it's going to work fine until he racks the bar a bit too roughly at a bad angle. Then it will fall over, probably right on his chest.