How will Veeky Forums react when adam ruins their entire worldview?

Adam Ruins everything is airing a new episode about weight loss tonight.

Adam ruins diet
youtube.com/watch?v=CKNmTjRBwfk
Most people who go on diets regain it because of genetics

Adam ruins calorie labels.
youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6J5jxi84o
Calorie labels are highly inaccurate and in restaurants calorie counts can be off by hundreds

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CKNmTjRBwfk
youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6J5jxi84o
ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/10.2105/AJPH.2015.302773
putlocker.today/watch/vlYm6qVx-adam-ruins-everything-season-2/episode-2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty much everything he says is either common knowledge or completely wrong, Adam himself admits this and said he plans on doing some episodes where he ruins his own show by pointing out everything they got wrong.

>We did a study
>Sample size
>14
Wew

>Extreme diet's don't work
That's literally fucking true though

super fat people losing weight really fast in a small time period is bound to be fat again

it doesnt apply to skellies like me looking to gain muscle

Blasphemy

I'm watching the full episode right now, and they claim that only 1% of people who try to lose weight can keep it off, which sounds like complete bullshit to me.

If it was in the context of fad or extreme dieting, where the "diet" is temporary then yeah, that seems correct.

i'd be willing to watch if the guy wasn't the definition of a nu-male. oh wait no i wouldn't

>numale that's been debunked on shit before now thinks he knows anything on dieting/excercise

Into the trash it goes.

Yeah, that's why the OP mentioned weight loss. You aren't trying to lose weight.

if only fatties realized that permanent weight loss only comes with a lifestyle change
of course you can't do some keto bullshit and be 100 pounds lighter and then go back to eating twinkies every hour and remain at your lower weight
very simply you can change your body if and only if you change the way you eat permanently

I cringed super hard while watching those videos.... what bullshit is this?

How did Adam get this woman as GF? Is she cucking him?

Yes

with me

>full episode
Is it "Adam Ruins Nutrition"?

>youtube.com/watch?v=CKNmTjRBwfk
>they exercise like 18 hours a day
They make it sound like you have to do huge amounts of exercise to offset that 600 kcal decrease in metabolism, when you could just eat 300 kcals fewer than the average person, and burn an additional 300 kcal through cycling for a bit more than an hour 3 times a week.
>if anyone had willpower, it's the contestants I studied
That's retarded, if they had willpower, they would have lost the weight by themselves. You don't need above average levels of willpower to lose weight on a show where they pay you, and you have trainers who motivate you during exercise.
>weight is genetic, here are no citations for that fact
kek
>youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6J5jxi84o
So calorie labels are legally mandated to be accurate within 20%, and he didn't even mention TDEE calculators, just debunked the 2000 kcal meme. He also made it sound like your TDEE is arbitrary, and isn't just a pretty much a function of your height, weight and age.

> 60 % of the country is overweight, including obese people

well this had to happen at some point. western society is highly decadent, there are so many parallels that can be drawn to the late roman empire. fat acceptance and spreading blatantly wrong or misleading information by lazy fatties to justify their disgusting lifestyle makes sense. fatties are like fags, i don't care what people do behind close doors. if they want to eat like a pig, balloon up to 400 pounds and die at 30, so be it. the moment they try to infect society with their bullshit and try to normalize their degeneracy it's when i have a problem with it. the main reason why all western countries are fattening up is simply because of lack of education and big corporations greasing palms to keep it that way.

i want off this ride, one day they will make it to be state mandatory to eat 3000 calories because of 'thin privelege' or some shit.

Adam is fat so honestly I wasn't surprised at a lot of the stuff he spewed. I did have a chuckle at "genetics" though.

Are they saying that the ex-fat people regained the weight due to metabolism or because they reverted back to their former eating habits?

They say their metabolism has decreased compared to other people of the same weight, but the weight regain is probably down to decreased metabolism + going back to shitty habits.

>Adam: What are vitamins?
>Fat woman in the aduience: A candy that's shaped like a cartoon character.
>Adam: Wrong.
top kek, didn't expect that level of fat shaming from this show.

The full episode doesn't start out that bad, they spend the first half naming the sugar jew, but then they go full retard in some places with the diet part. Adam says only 1% of people can keep the weight off, and there is no fucking citation for that study, not even on their webpage with the citations.

It's like he took Pen and Teller's bullshit and made a shittier version

Shit, why did you have to remind me of that one? It's also funny how Penn actually ended up losing a ton of weight recently.

I was watching some episode's lately. Even when I disagree with them, they've still got good bants and come off as intelligent. Adam from what I've seen just sounds like another smarmy millenial.

ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/10.2105/AJPH.2015.302773
Turns out the study examined the probability of a fat person who didn't necessarily go on a diet losing weight. It's no wonder the numbers are so low. First we had the 5% meme, now we have the 1% meme.

I was just triggered by their sample size of like 10 which included a huge muscularfat black guy and a bunch of skinny shits who never exercise.

>weight loss episode
>fat logic in it

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it wasn't good either.

OP clearly is working for the show trying to promote it

Video 1
>muh genetics
Video 2
>counting inaccurate calories is worse than eating whatever you want and not giving a fuck

You got us OP, solid arguments

wanna know how to sell a lie? hide it inside a truth

putlocker.today/watch/vlYm6qVx-adam-ruins-everything-season-2/episode-2.html

I watched it. It started pretty great. I liked the spot where he paused the biggest loser to get a snack and a commercial came on for sugary shit before he did. Named the sugar jew despite the fact that Turner broadcasting probably wants to axe the show now.

It's a bit disheartening to hear this kind of shit near the end though. I've lost 230lbs, more weight than I am today, and I'm pretty confident I can keep it off. I had a couple cheat weekends where I'd try my best to eat like I used to when I was extremely morbidly obese and I would gain ~20lbs in 4 days. But eating like that was exhausting. I was so used to it back when I was a somewhat smaller Boogie that it didn't even phase me.

I wish he would have talked about _when_ people lose weight. It would have helped his point about fluctuating metabolic rate. I didn't hear the word fast through the entire episode. Intermittent fasting really helped me.

>tfw always have to see this faggots commercials while watching impractical jokers

You can have pretty much the top stuff if you're on TV

He's a lil chunky but not a bad looking guy
Also
>colored hair

They have been together 8 years according to his Instagram.
If her twitter is any indication, she's a low key (maybe budding) dangerhair so he has that to look forward to. She's already liked a few tweets along the "men are trash" theme.