>still feel kinda shitty
>carbs hold water, lose lots of water weight
>body learns to use fat for fuel more efficiently
>body uses bodyfat for fuel
>lose lots of fat

>reduce calories
>uh oh, not enough energy
>use body fat to make up deficit

Wow, literally the same thing. Except that since you're actually eating carbs you can work out hard without catabolizing a shitload of muscle for gluconeogenesis.

dumb niggers not welcome here. Niggers in general not welcome.

What's this "body learns to use fat more efficiently" shit?

>use body fat to make up for deficit

So...you burn body fat.

Body has no carbs in it. No glycogen. What will it do? Wither away? Or use an alternate fuel source?

The latter

>take out carbs, body loses 10 pounds of body weight which causes you to piss buckets every 20 minutes
>body can't hold on to electrolytes as no glycogen to bind to
>develop cramps and heart arrythmias
>have to supplement with electrolyte powders at least 3x daily to not die

really healthy and functional diet

Im on keto, its great for losing weight, but it is a tricky diet, and i struggle with it and trying to lift at the same time.

>I can't argue with what you wrote

It's called keto-adaptation.
"In contrast to short-term exposure to an LCHF diet, which reduces exercise capacity by depleting liver and muscle stores of glycogen without producing a compensatory increase in fat oxidation [27, 28], longer-term adherence to this dietary regimen causes a range of adaptations to enhance the breakdown, transport, and oxidation of fat in skeletal muscle"
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4672014/
So after the initial phase, the body becomes better at functioning in ketosis, even with similar athletic performance in power related sports, and maybe higher performance in endurance sports.
That article is really interesting, as it has this overview of a lot of studies, and it goes into some detailed analysis of various strategies, including refeeding carbs for the muscle glycogen.

Electrolytes are easy to get bro.

Been doing it a couple months with a ton of protein and basic lifting. Basically been swapping fat for muscle. Still lost 15 pounds overall, with about a 20%-30% increase in my work sets on some lifts.

It isn't much fun at times, but it's working.

Over 25% of protein, and you are not doing Keto anymore. Too much protein turns into glycose.

Extremely low carb diet, which is why it has many benefits similar to fasting. Other similar diets are the atkins and the paleo diet and any other that is based on low carbs.

It is a meme. CICO.

>onger-term adherence to this dietary regimen causes a range of adaptations to enhance the breakdown, transport, and oxidation of fat in skeletal muscle

Reference [29] is to a study talking about how high fat diets increase fatty acids in muscle tissue, which are then used as fuel, similar to how glucose is stored in muscle as glycogen. What does this have to do with better fat burning efficiency? I thought you were referring to the body fat you're trying to lose, not the muscle fat you're gaining on the diet

That article is mainly focused on sports, so they were interested in performance. Thus efficiency was measured through actual athletic results. And since they noticed better results over time with constant calorie inputs from mainly fats, it meant that their bodies used fats more efficiently. And then it goes into some details of the proposed mechanisms. At least that's how I understood it, anyway.
If you want more detailed physiological explanation with a focus on weight loss, I found this article:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945587/
In section 4. "Do Ketogenic Diet Work?", they list a few hypothesis as to how weight loss might occur. In reality they seem to not be very sure of why it works.
Also, in the conclusion they mention that it takes a minimum of 2-3 weeks for the body to become adapted to the diet, and that the transition should be gradual. And if you read the explanation of the biochemistry you can identify several steps there, from using muscle glycogen, then liver glycogen, then generating glucose from aminoacids, and then gradually generating that glucose from fatty acids, then burning more and more fats to generate ketones for the muscles, and finally running half the brain on ketones.

> they noticed better results over time with constant calorie inputs from mainly fats

Did they?

>The researchers were clear that their ketogenic diet did not, as is popularly believed, enhance exercise capacity/performance, noting that, at best, endurance at sub-maximal intensities was preserved at the expense of ability to undertake high-intensity exercise.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945587/

I think the most reasonable explanation is this one

>Some authors claim instead that the results obtained with ketogenic diets could be attributed to a reduction in appetite due to higher satiety effect of proteins [38,40] or to some effects on appetite control hormones [41]. Other authors suggest a possible direct appetite suppressant action of the ketone bodies

In every study where a keto or general low carb diet shows more weight loss, it also happened to include significantly less calories.

Meant for burning body fats quickly. It's meant for obese fucks and people with beetus anyone else is just memeing.

By better results over time, I meant that they performed better after the adaptation than at the start of the diet.
And yeah, I agree that calorie restriction still applies, this type of dieting isn't magic, so it doesn't break CICO.
As you can see the science is a bit up in the air, and more research is definitely needed. That paragraph you cited about performance runs counter to the previous article which said that performance was similar after a long enough time on the diet. So we don't yet know for sure.

youtu.be/JDhsr0w_l6g
Don't bother the title, it actually talks about keto