Does fish oil actually have any benefits for strength training/bodybuilding or am I just being jewed?

Does fish oil actually have any benefits for strength training/bodybuilding or am I just being jewed?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/fish-oil/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22968891
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22493407
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ur thinking of snake oil my man

give us this day, our daily thread

It's a great source of mercury and PCBs

Good one mane

Taking an Expensive piss

>It's a great source of mercury and PCBs

which will help me.....how?

examine.com/supplements/fish-oil/
Learn to use this fucking site, user.

>>>>>/thread/

Helps you strengthen your cancer and retardation.

lol he's not saying "great" as in beneficial. He means "great" as in plentiful.

Come on, Op...

Yes fish oil is good for you and gains
No jewry
But why not just eat fish?

Make sure you get good pills. Even if they say 1000mg on the front of the bottle you need to look at the back. it should tell you how much EPA and DHA each pill contains. most people say 2-3grams a day is necessary for benefits.

If you aren't getting Omega-3 then you will die of a heart attack in your 50's guaranteed.

>Does fish oil actually have any benefits for strength training/bodybuilding
Yes, it does. The effects are mainly protective.

The problem some people on Veeky Forums have, is that they are under the mistaken impression that if some supplement doesn't have some pronounced, dramatic effect, then it's garbage and they've been screwed out of their money. It's just not true. The fact of the matter is that if something like Omega-3 supplements like fish oil does have a dramatic effect on your health, then you were either severely deficient in something, or you've got a serious health problem that you somehow weren't aware of.

Take your fish oil. It's good for you. Just be sure you get good quality fish oil. It should be refined to maximize the Omega-3's/EFA's/DFA's. Just plain 'fish oil', that smells like fish going bad, is cheap low-quality.

..and that's why you don't buy the cheap shit.

>he gets his fish oil from pills instead of just eating fish
laughinggirls.mpg

You would literally have to eat an entire fish every day to get the same benefits. No one is this autistic. (unless you're Alaskan or Japanese)

His question is if it had any benefits for strength training/bodybuilding. The answer to that is no. Fish oil may be protective of cognitive decline later in life, any other claim is unsupported.

Weightlifting/bodybuilding is an inherently anaerobic activity, and it puts a high degree of intermittent strain on your cardiovascular system. Omega-3's help protect your HEART. So YES there's a benefit.

(You) probably don't work hard enough for it to matter -- or are one of the people I mentioned who expect everything to have some dramatic, life-changing effect.

Omega-3 fatty acids promote the repair of damaged cells. This is what you want when you are constantly tearing shit up at the gym.

underrated post!

why not just add ground flax seeds to your shakes?

>adding estrogen to your shakes

Brilliant idea, gaylord.

That's a huge stretch, and the evidence of fish oil on heart health is shaky.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22968891
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22493407

Ha. Fuck off shill. Inuits and Japanese have elevated Omega-3 ratios and never die of cardiovascular disease. Every study I've seen links it positively to decreased cardiovascular mortality risk.

>Inuits and Japanese have elevated Omega-3 ratios and never die of cardiovascular disease

What a bizarre thing to say with no evidence

>Every study I've seen links it positively to decreased cardiovascular mortality risk.

Well now you've seen two meta-analysis of omega-3 supplementation that say otherwise.

>meta-analysis

The lowest form of scientific study.

Holy kek that pic

Japs do happen to die though. Like, on the spot with no warning or symptoms.

Like you even know what a meta-analysis is.

Japan had great heart disease stats. Saying this is because of fish oil would ignore everything else about the Japanese diet and lifestyle, like low saturated fat intake and low BMI.

>not eating 3 fish per day to maximize gains

Enjoy your cancer from lead and mercury. Unless you're eating straight up sardines.

>lead and mercury
>in catfish and bluegill
how, exactly?

Catfish, especially big ones, are known for having a higher percentage of Mercury in them

catfish is low in mercury though.

HAHAHAHA!! Catfish eat ALL of the shit on the bottom of the rivers/lakes/ponds. All that plastic and toxic sludge gets stored in the meat faggot.

nigga toxic shit is everywhere, living life like a scared little autist is sad. you are sad.

Mercury

Do you have to be at least 25 to read this graph?

If there's plastic getting dumped in my family's lake, I'ma have some deer slugs in someone's torso real quick.

The plastic is pumped into the air and in fertilizers. When it rains it all flows into Aunt Mami's lake.

low mercury in terms of fish is still above toxic levels.

Haha exactly.

Its used to lubricate your joints to help prevent injury

Wrong.

Everything they sell to you is a jew scheme, nigger. Just eat clean and workout, your going to make it brah

I started taking it before bed and I get up earlier/easier. It also got rid of my choline headaches.