QTDDTOT

Old one nearing bump limit.

Are basic bodyweight exercises like your standard push ups, pull ups and sit ups paired with good diet enough to reach and maintain an ottermode type body?

Even without making the exercises weighted and just increasing reps/sets. With the exception of pull ups with is easy to add weight to.

Other urls found in this thread:

startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html
baka.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/diet-bones-and-dental-health-how-food-can-change-your-face-20150609-ghjvhi.html
offthegridnews.com/food/preserving-meat-without-refrigeration/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Absolutely

is this a full squat?

if so, if i can do 7-10 reps is that decent?

looks good to me.

looks below parallel anyway.

so it counts as atg?

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

atg is a meme, literally anything past parallel is the same

I'm trying into stronk grip for both practical purposes (lifting) and to do dumb shit like bend nails and rip cards. Dis an ok beginner routine to get those pincers to "step dad knowing I'm diddling his daughters bunghole"-handshake ?

3 times a week:
Pinch lift 3x15-20seconds
Pronated finger curls 3x15-20
Pronated wrist curls 3x15-20
Supinated wrist curls 3x15-20

1day a week fat bar DL's 3x7-10@70% 1rm.
Fat bar for rows and other easier pulling (doing PHUL).

Yes it is. In the spirit anyway. You might wanna add pike push ups for the shoulders, squat for the legs, and planks to work an other part of the abs.
But you'll build muscle less quickly, and you'll probably need to cut to one or two bf points lower than if training with weights.
Pic related.

Hey guys. training for a 13 miles race in 14 weeks, while also doing a PPL split. What exercise should I do or not do in order to preserve my back and knees? I do squats, DL or RDL, leg press, leg curl, calf raise and lunges. But sometimes I just have too much doms to be able to run properly, or lower back pain/soreness.
Thanks!

>gym only has one squat rack and a smith machine next to it and a power cage downstairs to do muh squats and ohp

Since it's likely I'm going to run into people hogging the squat rack how beta would it be to use the smith machine?

>Even without making the exercises weighted and just increasing reps/sets.
Nope, Unless by otter you mean skinny with abs
If you can do more than 3 sets of 8 its cardio.
Read this, straight from /body weight general/:
startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html

there is one guy that always makes qtddtot's on fit and he ALWAYS starts the thread with a gif or picture from the tv show vikings

i find it weird

Does diet really give you a chiseled jaw?: Qtddtot? >baka.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/diet-bones-and-dental-health-how-food-can-change-your-face-20150609-ghjvhi.html

Redpill me on fewer reps with heavier weights vs. more reps with less weight?

Does 0 calorie soda affect weight loss?

Does crying increase gains, Veeky Forums?

My cat had 6 babies a month, at the moment only one is okay while another one is dying, rest are all dead.

I have not grown attached but seeing their little lifeless bodies or worse, having them die meowing for help in my palms just snaps my heart and i cant help but cry. The only thing pure in this rotton world and i get to see it wither before me...

do this and learn a bit about bodyweiht training (overcoming gravity is a great book)

holy shit my sides

Unless you are a girl, I suggest you just man the fuck up and dedicate your workouts to all of them little ones that went to Hell.
I had a cat die in my arms, and shit was heartbreaking too, but I soldiered on and when I lift in the gym, I, in part, lift for him. I know he would have want me to make it.

Does anyone have success photos or after images for coolcicada PPL? I just swapped to it from SL and want to know how it might affect my proportions and if i need to add things in. Google search came up with a mixed bag.

>tfw no Katheryn wife and child
brb killing self

Bumperino

no. genetic development comes to a stop, at a certain age.

the way you are, is partially defined by the amount of testosterone in you.

it can mold the way you're built and look, can be altered with a healthy diet.

but, diet-wise... the less fat you have, the more prominent the jawline

well i just got back from the gym and he is still alive, woke me up earlier and i've had others die too i just needed to vent

also my eggwhites are stuck to the eggshells, fuck my life up f@m

Lower weight/high reps = hypertrophy
High weight/low reps = strength

Both are great. Do lower weight higher reps first set for a good pump then switch to higher weight to failure for the rest. I've found the best results for my arms for example come from doing the above but my chest just wants to bench heavy as fuck.

How do you progress on PPL as a late novice?
Would it make sense to do 3x5 once and 3x10 the other session for the main lifts? Then increase the 3x5 weight once a week. I can't do 3x5 twice and add weight every session.

If I understand correctly, hypertrophy means bigger muscles, while strength means more burst?
Understood. But I fear doing the 'to failure' reps , especially for legs, since I need to be able to move around.

/out/ist here, so I plan on living innawoods (only for a year or two) , got everything planned except for food and I know fit knows their shit about food - so my only access to a supermarket is about a day hike away so I can't make frequent trips and need to be able to carry everything (30L rucksack) I need a good long term diet
>requirements
>compact
>cheap(ish)
>doesn't need refrigeration
>can all be cooked at once (i.e in one container)
>cannot be under cooked (if I can't make a fire one night I don't want to have to go hungry)

so far the only meal I've come up with is noodles and hotdogs

>especially for legs
I don't blame you. You only have one back. Dumbbell lunges and heavy ass, high rep calf raises for you. Don't stop calf raising until the burn is unbearable.

There are many ways to approach it. What most people do is try to add reps to the set over time. So if your starting point is 3x5 you'll slowly try to work up to doing something like 3x8 with that weight. Once you hit that target, you increase the weight and start over at 5 reps with the new heavier weight, working your way back up. Rinse repeat.

offthegridnews.com/food/preserving-meat-without-refrigeration/

I am. Not sure if it is considered high rep, but I do 5x16 calf raises.

It doesn't matter how many reps you do in a set, you're always training for strength. Whether you increase your 3RM from 100 kgs to 120 kgs or your 12RM from 75 kgs to 95 kgs, you've still gotten stronger. And this should always be your focus.
It also doesn't matter whether you do e.g. 4 reps in a set or 10 reps in a set. Both of these sets would elicit a hypertrophy response.

So what's the difference between high rep and low rep work?

The fewer reps you do per set, the heavier weights you'll be handling, which means that you become good at doing just that; handling heavier weights. That's the main advantage of performing low reps - you become skilled at displaying strength using near maximal or even maximal weights. If you're used to training with very low reps, your real 1RM is going to higher than it would be if you usually trained with only high reps and thus lighter weights.

Conversely, the higher reps you do, the better you become at performing a higher number of reps with any given lighter weight.

So if you compete in powerlifting, naturally you must include some amount of low rep work in your training in order to become good at your sport. If you compete in e.g. CrossFit it'd probably be a good idea to practice high rep work as well.

cont.

There's an additional benefit to using a lighter weight and doing more reps however. Because using a light weight doesn't put nearly as much strain on your central nervous system and your joints, using a light weight makes it possible to perform a much larger total amount of work (more sets). This is called volume. Training with a large amount of volume is the primary cause of hypertrophy i.e. making your muscles bigger. So if your main concern is growing bigger, then most of your training should be comprised of higher reps using a lighter weight. The weight can't be too light though, because if it is, it's simply not going to be sufficiently heavy to provide an effective stimulus. As a rule of thumb, don't go lighter than 60% of your 1RM. For most people that's a weight you can do around 12 reps with - hence the general recommendation of 8-12 reps for hypertrophy training.

I made a huge mistake
Drank a large iced coffee about 4pm yesterday. I'm still up at 1:30am now. I have a session with my PT in 5 hours, but I'm still wide awake.

Should I just stay up or keep trying to sleep?

The coffee had about 375mg of caffeine btw

Thank you for the information. It helped a lot understand a few things.
I am lifting right now to lose fat and weight overall to slim down to my desired weight (which is 95kg) and then just do maintenance calorie intake and continue lifting and see if my physique changes even more.
What flaws are in this plan? Any advice?
I've read the sticky and I've started training and I have a food diary and I eat at a deficit and I lost around 10kg already.

wtf are you talking about? i'm sure you didn't mean to reply to me.

Bumping this

Thoughts on this workout routine?
30 pullups, 30 skips of rope
30 push-ups, 30 rope
30 leg raises, 30 rope

Then 20 of each in same order
Then 10 of each in same order.

Rather than increasing reps I'll add weights to my ankles or chest as appropriate.

Not going for any particular physique, just want to improve overall strength and fitness.

All I do atm is cardio with running and swimming

You cannot do high volume (PPL) strength training while also doing so much running training. You have a limited capacity to recover. I'm not saying you can't do both running and strength training, but one of the two have to take the back seat. Figure out what your main goal is, and while you work on that you should be doing only a small amount of the other thing.

If you try to do a ton of lifting and a ton of running, best case scenario is you're going to suck at both. Worst case is you get hurt.

What's the largest possible deficit one can have while still preserving a majority of muscle?

Bretty good question right guys

>All I do atm is cardio with running and swimming
If so, then work up to your complete plan over time. The first day simply doing the 30 reps and stopping there would be a decent workout. Starting out with 60 pull-ups would just mean unnecessary soreness. It's better to recover faster and be able to repeat the workout again sooner. Once the 30 reps become managable, you can start building on that.

I missed a workout monday cause I had to play with my band for an important contest. I drank a lot of beer afterwards and did not lift yesterday cause I felt like shit. Tonight I have a show in the same city again (there are age old festivities in the city) and will probably drink quite some beers.

Is it better for me to lift today, then drink beer which might hinder my recovery. Or lift tomorrow while I may be a bit hungover but can get a good night of sleep afterwards?

Can anyone recommend me a routine for 5/6 days? I've noticed that shoulders and biceps a p weak so emphasis on those two could really help. Thanks anons

I know that feel bro

Thanks user. I'll do what I can manage. I feel like this is pretty achievable for me, I'm not unfit. (my work involves a lot of lifting / walking) but it's not routine enough or structured enough.

who knows. I'm gonna start in about 45 mins once my dinner has settled, and see how I do

You look like shit. Stop obsessing over squatting and fix your diet and lift more upper body

Nice posts

Bumping this

I just switched to PPL but I have naturally big legs and would like my upper body to catch up a bit. Should I just do one leg day instead of two? So that would be PPLPPxx. Would I still get some gains of I only squatted once a week?

I focus on lifting for now. The race is just for fun. Not trying to go for a good time, I just want to complete it. The training fits into my cardio plan, but if I can tweak a bit the leg exercise in order to preserve my back, that'd be a win win...

.....I've been eating CONSISTENTLY. I'm losing fucking weight. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! I've even dirty bulked and ordered 5 Mcdonald's cheese burgers.

I'd say about 20~25% of your TDEE, with heavy lifting. And eating proteins every 2~3 hours. But it also depends on your bf%, and the max bf% you've had. If you're very fat like 25+ bf, you prolly can manage a higher deficit.

Share your routine with me brahs

Do a food diary. You also should note your macros, not just calories.

Anyone got a UK source for phenibut?

Okay you've probably seen me shilling for a couple weeks now about how I was going to get a caliper in the mail if you browse through the /fat/ thread, well it arrived today...
Here's what I was expecting from it :
to get an average estimate on my bf% because I want to get down to at least 16% clean (womanlet here) before I start bulking.
A couple disclaimers : I was going by tape measurements beforehand, and my last tape measurement (still at same weight, hit a small plateau) was 4 days ago and averaged at 20.6%.

So I took my skinfold measurements, and ran a couple calculators. I did a couple 3folds and 7folds (I assume 7 is the most accurate).
I got pic related. I'd say it averages out at around 17% all in all.
I know these tests are not the most accurate (I've read that calipers can have a 3.5% margin of error), and I'm somewhat baffled I could be 17% because I honestly look skinnyfat to me.
So I guess, what I'm going to do is cut till 13% (by that caliper scale) that way if I was closer to 20% realistically I'd be at 16% ?
I'm not sure this is the safest way to do it...
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

You're not listening.
A little running + a lot of lifting = good.
A little lifting + a lot of running = good.
A lot of lifting (PPL) + a lot of running (13 miles) = shit.

The numbers are completely arbitrary so it doesn't make much sense to aim for a particular number. Because that number says exactly nothing.
It's good to have a reliable way to measure bodyfat percentage simply to be able to gauge whether you're progressing or regressing. But the number itself is useless. Cut until you're happy with the result.

What are some good exercises I can do to build my lats and my back without any equipment or pull up bars?

Thanks for your advice, my original goal was to cut till 47.5kg, but I figured I should go by bf% as I am aiming to lay a good foundation for a clean bulk.
So, I'll keep using a caliper to track progression, but as per knowing when I should stop cutting...
What would be your advice for signs that it's time to bulk, given I can't get a reliable bf% result ? As I am not concerned by how I'll look, I don't see what else to look for, really.
Thanks for your time.
Pic related, taken just now. can I get an estimate to double check?

Is Stronglifts still relevant?
My job offers a free gym and was gonna start lifting again. I'm familiar with stronglifts but I keep reading that it's shit now and you'll go Trex mode.

Should I just go for it as a novice or do greyskull instead?

Two days a week full body routine sufficient to compliment swimming and develop the swimmers body?

Or I mean, how do swimmers normally lift? As in what routines wouldn't hinder the swimming

lads ive just started on greyskull lp, if im eating below maintenance can i still expect so see linear progression? i cant really afford to gain bodyfat so eating more is out of the question
if it matters im 6'3 78kg/171burgers

If you have less fat covering up your jaw, your jawline will be more visible. How is this not obvious?
You're a retard if you think diet will make your jawbones magically grow.

Oh sorry, misunderstood what you meant by "a lot"... What routine would you advise for a runner then?

I got old (and fat) and I am having a fuck of a time grabbing squat bar in the rack. I can't get my hands low enough to grab the bar when they line with my shoulder. I have been doing squats with just the bar since I have to do some pretty sketch shit to get in position. Once I do can spread out my grip and it become managable.

Is Planet Fitness a good gym? I want to start lifting and it's the only gym nearby.

Cut the wires to the lunk alarm.

>stalling on cut
>start eating at a slight surplus
>lifts now progressively getting worse
what's going on?

>what routines wouldn't hinder the swimming

none, you just have to swim through the doms. I did surfing and found that after a surf the best is a big feed like an omelet then a nap straight after, really helps to feel like the surfing was just cardio even though i'd be recovering from chest/tri the day before and worried about drowning from getting a cramp in my arms.

I just started 531 BBB and I feel like I'm not spending enough time at the gym.
Can I do "both" lifts as part of accessory? i.e.
Instead of:
531 Squat
5x10 Squat
I do:
531 Squat
5x10 Squat
5x10 Deadlift (opposite lift)

How would doing 5x10 Squat @ 50% of TM compare to 5x5 Squat @ 80% of TM ?

Can I add more accessory lifting? Can I run/bike on off days? How badly would that hinder progress?

Use it for what?

If you're planning to do proper barbell exercise on it then maximum beta

Somebody
Anybody
Help

It's really just about eating lots of protein and greens. I take a lot of flaxseed oil, and fat is good for staving off hunger, but even 6-9 scoops and like 4T oil is like 960-1200Ca.. and milk or whatever from there.

you are probably forgetting to stretch something like your forearms and it's affecting your grip and confidence.

The fuck does this even mean?

I think you got the wrong number pal!

Actually just saying that all this clean bulk shit seems like nonsense. if you're getting enough protein, you supposedly keep muscle and burn fat if on a deficit.

>clean bulk
>if on a deficit

I'm not concerned about losing muscle obviously while bulking, rather about putting on too much fat, especially since I will be following the strenght based programs which will require me to eat big. I've done some math, and it's not unfathomable to be able to shave off a couple extra pounds gained potentially by paying real close attention to tracking macros, micros, and in that regard this is what differenciates a clean bulk from a dirty bulk, so to speak.
I appreciate your concern for my nutritional plan, I do not exclude any macronutrient from my diet or am prejudiced against one. I just go by the ratio that works well for me.
Thanks for your interest.

I was trying face pulls for the first time today. Not crazy weight, just a little above warm up and I started feeling something strange in my right arm. It was like a rubber band had been stretched really right between my elbow and wrist and every time I pulled, it would twang. Only the right side, never the left.

What's wrong with my arm?

>clean bulk
>if on a deficit
I'm getting that a clean bulk is still a caloric surplus? To lose fat would require a caloric deficit.

How long should I wait after I've eaten to start training? I'm trying to gain weight so I'm eating a lot

Need examples for a beginners core workout besdies planks and leg raises

I was dieting for 3 months and did Kinobody's Agressive Fatloss Program. Strength went up a lot, lost a lot of weight and even built some muscle (mainly recoup from muscle loss by being stupid and not working out for most of my diet).

Anyway, the program didn't have squats and deadlift (I know how to do them from prior experience back in the day). Got bench press up to 80kg x 5 though, which I think is good in a calorie deficit.

My questions are:

Is Starting Strength together with accessories a good plan? I figured:

SS + 1 exercise for biceps and triceps twice a week + middle + back shoulder + extra core workout

If I can do 80kg x 5 at the bench press, what should I start with for 3 x 5?

My goal is to get to 100kg 3 x 5 in the bench press and get strong in the other compound lifts, too, whilst putting on some muscle.

yes a bulk is by definition a caloric surplus.
the focus during a clean bulk in particular it is not losing fat (impossible on a surplus, manageable at maintenance with exercise factored in - ie recomp), but to diminish the amount of fat gained during the overall weight gain.

Any one have a guide for injury recovery? What injuries should you apply hot compress to, what do you apply cold compress to?

Which is the reason for the suggestion of just eating enough protein for gaining muscle and losing fat.

How should I talk to whores at the gym? Specifically the ones just there for attention. inb4 you don't yes yes I know but I've been lifting for 3 years and look good and feel confident enough to talk to them now, just need to know what to say

y-y-you too

how diddly doodly gymho?

I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time lifting when my oneitis doesn't even like fit guys. Every guy she's dated has been a lanklet or full on fat and im here improving myself for what

Her current boyfriend is fat as fuck

just do lots of rock climbing

your grip will become like steel

"Are you working out?"

Breh...

lift for the fallen kitties. Make them proud as they gaze down from kitty heaven ;_;

also holy shit give your cat contraceptives or get her neutered, or she will get pregnant time and time again

Is there any point to doing OHP? Its a difficult lift and its very hard for me to improve it past 50kg. Today I managed to put up 52.5 kg but it was for lower reps, I only managed a measly 3 reps on my last set.

long story short i ended up having to get a few stitches in my head at the weekend

how long before i can lift weights again? forgot to ask the doctor at the time

If I can't bench 1pl8 after a year should I get my test levels checked? Is it possible to be this weak even with the worst form and diet possible as a healthy adult male?