Tfw seeing the starting strength shitposts

>tfw seeing the starting strength shitposts

So I'm trusting Rippetoe here, SS is the first brick on the road to aesthetics, no?

Its a good way to enter into lifting. If you want aesthetics you do ss untill you cant progress every single workout then switch to an aesthetics routine. Should take 2 to 3 months.

idk anymore

i used to think so, but all the shitposting has gotten to me and i just don't know anymore. the new conventional thought seems to be that greyskull lp is superior for those that are lifting for aesthetics. honestly, chin-ups and rows seem a lot more useful for that purpose than power cleans

What should my lifts be looking like at the SS "plateau"? Should I be seeing X amount of lbs being added to my lifts?

Been looking around and I've been a bit convinced to try this instead of SS. Anyone want to convince me otherwise?

You'll just get to the point where weight doesn't go up. You'll have to drop your sets to 3 then 5 the following workout or two or have to deload multiple times to see slight progress

If you do SS i hope youre doing tge proper version with chin ups.

And add curls to the day youre not doing chins and chest isolation to the OHP day.
And if your goal is aesthetics then do a 4th set of 8 reps on all upper body compound lifts.

People who shit on ss are dumb cunts who probably havent tried it, at all.

Ive done it and had great success with it. Just add some more upper body volume, like this

>do SS
>but add upper body volume

that's not SS then doofus

Then why is there a gigantic section of assistance exercises in the book?

He also said in an article or practical programming that adding a 4th set of 8 reps is good enough if you want more volume.

Either way if I just eat big and good and do a 3x5 linear progression program I'm going to see the generally same results?
I really should stop pussyfooting around and just start jumping in

SS is good.

Eat big, but dont go crazy, and dont do GOMAD. Add some upper body volume and youll look good. Ive gained 20 kg on a ss type of program, and got 16,5 inch arms from this. But im a tall guy who used to be a lanklet.

I'm gunna be the super fag when I first started working out I was too fat and scared to do ss. I did the planet fitness 30 minute express workout and tried my hardest and got decent results. If you're lifting for looks just focus on volume and muscle contractions instead of weight it's safer and gives you better size. The whole riptits program is for numbers. So unless you're passionate about power lifting don't worry about it and focus on goal 1 looking good

Who says you cant look good and be strong? Why do you think those two are exclusive?

Thanks for advice.

here's the thing when it comes to SS. it's exactly that. starting strength. if you read the book he goes over in detail on what the lifts should look and feel like. it's basically giving you the foundation to what proper form is on the bench, squat, dead, press, and power clean. after you feel like you've done well enough building strength then you move on to something else. just depends on what your goals are.

I didn't mean to come off that way. With starting strength it just seemed to.focus purely on linker progressions and numerical progress and I have a group of friends that compete naturally and non naturally and they all focus on volume and contraction over raw power. Eventually volume lifting will lead to being stronger just with the focus on power lifting period you want make as nice size gains like inches on arms and legs

Yeah, I'm 6 months into SS and it's worked pretty well for me

how are people not bored of this meme

its not a meme

>SS is the first brick on the road to aesthetics, no?

No, a healthy diet is. Learn how to diet properly and then worry about SS.

Breh this is Veeky Forums don't give out actual good advice n shit...

You have really improved your C~ I mean trunk

I've been thinking, is the low rep with high weight appliable only to compounds or it's possible to improve the strenth of smaller muscles that way, like doing 3x5 or 5x5 of heavy curls or flys?

Do GSLP.

>I haven't read the book

If you do the routine correctly and have great genetics, you could progress for upwards of 9 months

If you care about how you look at all, don't do SS.

Fucking kek, is SS the routine for traps and femboy ?