I hate powerlifters

Is there anyone else here who hates powerlifters, their smug, self-righteous attitude and their superiority complex? They expect to be treated fairly for engaging in such a harmful vice, yet treat everyone who doesn't deadlift 5pl8 like shit. They make bullshit claims about cardio and whatnot somehow being more dangerous. They completely deny that their stupid habit is killing them. They are insufferable, and I try to stay as far away from them as I can, but if they were low baring right next to me, there's no telling what I'd do to them. I hate them immensely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BOeRI6MDyns
instagram.com/p/BVjWLmXgvAA/?taken-by=strongeddie
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THIS 100%

Veeky Forums should ban these fat fucks

sub 5pl8 deadlet detected lmao

Lmao

my gym has an extra$$ membership ontop of the base 10$/month for a quarantine zone where i think all the super cereal lifters go to do olympic lifts.
you can still do deadlit as much as you want in regular gym but never seen anyone do 5pl8..

I look exactly like the guy in that picture but I am not a powerlifter. should I become a powerlifter instead of a fighter?

dunno i like them
I've never met so many genuinely good,funny and interesting people at once place than at the powerlifting gym.
They are helpful to everybody, social, lift crazy heavy weights but keep under 16% bodyfat.

Im not saying bodybuilders in a commercial gym can't be helpful and kind, but they are never that relaxed.

Does powerlifting has any usefulness in real life?... Like ok, you can squat 5pl8, but what's the point of that (assuming that you dont go to comptetitions)

when society collapses powerlifters will be enslaved as humanlivestock to be our workhorses

because the opposite of this mentality is 75kg aestheticfags look completely DYEL without lighting and a pump who hold back their natty gains by avoiding >10%bf like the plague

they also measure their lifts in bodyweight ratios and start threads like "is a 3pl8 deadlift respectable"

anyone on Veeky Forums fits into either of these categories

if you're not eddie hall, you're just a fat guy trying too look like a grunting badass biker hulk but it is harley davidson syndrome without necessarily the bike.

Stop being weak then

The powerlifters I know are a bunch of basic bitch meat heads and close
Minded "science " cucks looking to make it into the mainstream fitness community.

lel 2weak4me

Real powerlifters are cool, those ipf dudes are impressive. Anything outside of the ipf is a joke, well also ipf females because they're nothing but attention seeking whores.

>lemme inject test to lift heavy
>good form what's that pussy shit?
>science and lifting ? Psh you just don't know how it's done

Conversely

>listens man doctor twink said that compressed lifting will lead to more gains and will stabilize your erectors

>tourque tourque tourque

>let me make a lifting series about my normie life

>I know I'll record my form for ever set and let Everyone on the team know how it went

>juggernaut rating plz respond to my tag

>

Powerlifters are the ultimate gains goblins. >BEGONE POWERLIFTER

Is this pasta?

Agreed. They say they want to maximize >muh strength, but if I can lift a 50lb weight 10 times, whereas they can lift a 100lb weight 1 time and then lie on the floor gasping for breath, then who's really the strongest?

Plus half of them secretly do aesthetix exercises like curls when nobody's looking. It's like they want to look like a bodybuilder but they're scared of admitting it because of muh fragile masculinity.

Girls who do powerlifting are the worst though. There's this fat 40yo hag that comes to my gym to deadlift lmao2pl8 with a belt while grunting and thinks she's stronk, fucking disgusting

except its not 100 lbs its 300+

Maximum output is good for most contact sports, like most things the more advanced you get at a skill or exercise the less cross over the skill becomes, there is a huge difference between someone who can squat 2 plate and 4 plates but the sport based difference of a 4 plate and 6 plate is smaller.

"powerlifters" are even worse than runners. same smugness, while looking like shit, being in shit health, and having shit social life. runners are smug but at least have those going for them. "powerlifters" are just fat rejects who think what they're doing counts as sports.
>inb4 t-twink h-haha
you're all secretly insecure about your "manliness" and jealous of aesthetic people. the only reason why you "powerlift" is because you failed at exercise abd nutrition but don't want to admit defeat.

sports

a scrum in rugby is basically a squat

>its a Veeky Forums thinks all powerlifters are 120kg+ episode

Is there anyone else here who hates non-competitive "bodybuilders", their smug, self-righteous attitude and their superiority complex? They expect to be treated fairly for engaging in such a harmful vice, yet treat everyone who doesn't curl babyweight and inject steroids for vanity like shit. They make bullshit claims about strength sports and whatnot somehow being more dangerous. They completely deny that their stupid habit is killing them. They are insufferable, and I try to stay as far away from them as I can, but if they were low baring right next to me, there's no telling what I'd do to them. I hate them immensely.

>autistic powerlifting squad of 3-4 people at my gym
>when they are there they claim the squat rack, deadlift plateau and bench for at least 3 hours, doing 1 set each and then just stand there talking to each other for 15 mins
>dont allow anybody to work in, saying shit like "you cant lift this heavy anyways we dont want to keep switching weights"
>when you ask how many sets left "alot, dont bother"
>their physiques are shit, most of them are just fat

I hate their fucking guts. My gym has only 1 deadlift plateau, and when these cunts are there its pointless, they will occupy it for hours. Usually I will just start deadlifting in the middle of the walkway, when gym staff comes up to me to ask wtf Im doing I just tell them about powerlifting cunts that wont move for hours. Theyre still not banned from the gym

Fuck powerlifters really, smug elitist cunts with a physique worse than dyel fags doing machine exercises

>"you cant lift this heavy anyways we dont want to keep switching weights"

AYO HOLD UP
*EATS DONUTS*
YOU CAN'T BE SAYING
*SNIFFS AMONIA*
THAT POWERLIFTERS
*SCREAMS LIKE A RETARD*
AREN'T
*RIPS QUAD IN HALF*
COOL
*dies of a heart attack"

deadlift plateau?

>t. copy pasta dyel

>deadlift plateau
>>calling it the deadlift plateau

hi newfriendo

>extra$$ membership ontop of the base 10$/month for a quarantine zone where i think all the super cereal lifters go to do olympic lifts.

That's kind of annoying. I'm not super into it but I've been getting into oly lifts in the last few months. At your gym I would have to pay extra in order to do that?

You have to pay 10 dollars extra a month to use bumper plates?

Is doing something for your own enjoyment such a fucking foreign concept? What usefulness does posting b8 questions on Veeky Forums have?

>they also measure their lifts in bodyweight ratios
That's literally powerlifting, you cuck. It's not about being the strongest, it's about being the strongest in your weight category. Nobody is says John Haacks 298kg squat is weak, just because Ray Williams smashed 470kg. They're in completely different weight categories..

>deadlift plateau
what did he mean by this?

>if I can lift 50lbs x times
yes but if they can lift 500lbs 1 time and you can lift 225 10 times, they can most likely lift 225 far more than 10 times

It's easier to notice strength gains than it is size gains. You can see strength gains over a month but can't do the same for size gains unless you're pinning. So there's a fuckload of new lifters doing meme tier workouts like SS/SL who think bodybuilding and aesthetics are the devil, and machines should never be touched because machines aren't ever viable.

You won't ever see someone brag about gaining 1cm on their bicep when they've still got small as fuck biceps, but you'll see new guys boasting about finally hitting a lmao1pl8 deadlift

Most of the older/stronger PL guys are alright. The strongest guys in my gym have always been quite open to giving advice and shit, and half of them do their compounds then spend some time on the machines chatting with people. Most of the insufferable "powerlifters" are just new fatty's who think they shouldn't train for aesthetics because they're already unaesthetic, so they come up with cult like excuses to stick to their minimalist training.

>t. recovering fatty who stopped training for strength 4 months in

Did a mean powerlifter bench your deadlift OP?

Powerlifting is for people that are
>too weak to be strongmen
>too unskilled and impatient to be weightlifter
>too unaesthetic to be bodybuilders

Prove me wrong

Is it really bad that I enjoy lifting heavy things? If it makes you feel better I do incorporate a day of strongman lifts because it's fun as fuck still wouldn't call myself strongman though since if you ain't entered a competition you're not a bodybuilder, strongman, weightlifter or powerlifter.

The ones at my gym walk in with a bag full of just shit. They then proceed to take like 15 minutes to stretch on the platforms (even though there is a whole extra room at the gym where you can stretch and do mobility). They then proceed to spread all their shit all over the gym floor and barely do any reps while talking to each other.

I like it when they lie about you needing to do squats to get huge legs and a balanced physique as if these autists know anything about being balanced

Kek

Awww was someone a big meanie to little babby user ?? :'(((

Fat, arrogant muslim-beard-having in the closet homosexual detected

I don't like their elitist attitude and the fact that they always hog the squat/power racks to do 100 sets of squats

Fuck them

Dawg, in that scenario they can lift 50lbs way more than 10 times and you can't even lift 100lbs once. I mean, you can totally come at this from a "you don't have to be strong to be fit" point of view but don't be a retard and try to say you're stronger than a powerlifter.

I had no clue people on Veeky Forums were this retarded and jealous. Holy fucking lol.

Good luck you beta weakling. Maybe you can outrun them when they throw atlas stones at you.

>treat everyone who doesn't deadlift 5pl8 like shi

You deserve that

This, why the fuck do they do so many sets? I waited for an hour for a guy to finish squatting once

>implying a 5pl8 pull is hard
>literally only focusing on 3 lifts and thinking 5pl8 is an accomplishment

A fucking boxing coach who had deadlifted less than 10 times in his life pulled 5pl8 to shut a keyboard warrior up. Deadlifting doesn't mean shit.

They aren't that bad as long as they follow proper etiquette and clean up/rerack their shit. It's a real douche move when there's like 12 plates strewn about the rack.

I do enjoy watching them do stupid lifts tho. It's like NASCAR, I wait for the blow out. There's a particular fatty who does box squats to full sit for a one rep max with the bar loaded. Can't wait to watch him slip a disc.

Yes

This is top tier annoying behavior. From anyone. It's up there with one man CrossFit circuits that take up the whole gym.

>PLing will never be a mainstream sport
>It's boring as fuck to watch
>No one can relate to what they're doing

> I squatted 2pl8, thought I was hot shit, and then a powerlifter squatted 4 next to me: the thread

It's a fucking drawing you retard.

This 100%

>Is doing something for your own enjoyment such a fucking foreign concept?
who the fuck lifts for fun

This.

The powerlifters at my gym, with the exception of one guy who is respectful to everyone is a loud asshole who thinks they own the gym. It's so fucking annoying seeing grown men AND women who treat the gym like a high school cafeteria.

This one butch PL who clearly wanted to fuck me talked shit about me to her friends. It's hysterical.

People in their first 2-3 months getting noob gains.

Did u ask to work in?

How long where his breaks?

Was he actively using the rack or wasting time?

Using the rack for a long time is fine as long as you are willing to share it and your actually using it.

Whats wrong bro?

Oh no you mean they are having fun while working out. I think you need some headphones or earplugs.

I guess you don't know what its like to have friends or to be part of a group of people who while challenge each other really understand its not about them vs others its vs oneself.

really dude grow the fuck up

>projecting

Powerlifting itself might be ok, its just that it attracts the bottom of the barrel of any gym. People who never played sports and started being physically active in their 20s, those who were always picked last in PE, had no friends to play outside with etc.
PL for them is great because there is no need for athleticism, hand-eye coordination, conditioning or mental toughness. All you need is consistency and ambition.
Follow a simplistic barbell strength program with super low reps, stuff your ugly mug with greasy shit all day every day and tell yourself 3min rest periods are totally acceptable.

Replace powerlifting in the post you replied to with roidheads. Do you realize how flustered you sound?
Its time to reevaluate your life choices if you get this emotional over someone rightfully laughing at insecure losers trying to impress well-adjusted people in a commercial gym

because once you're out of DYELmode and not a beginner, your training volume must increase

this means you cannot do a handful of squat sets a week anymore, you have to do more

then why can't you deadlift 500?

nobody said 5pl8 was a lot for any serious lifter except for OP, which is specifically why I used that benchmark

i've never seen so many weak minded sour grapes nerds in one place

when i was starting out and saw guys deadlifting and benching huge weights, i saw that as something to shoot for, not something to get huffy about and make a whiny thread on Veeky Forums about

this place has really changed since the days of tinytrip and quad

>powerlifting
>lifting heavy weights

>Follow a simplistic barbell strength program

the irony is that /plg/ are the only people on Veeky Forums who approach lifting from a scientific point of view and understand training principals. that compared to routine general, where they just add 1000 accessory movements without knowing why or even what they do

also powerlifting has probably the nicest community in the world. all these "reeeeeeeee they think they own the place" shit is just a bunch of dyels intimidated by people who are stronger than them

if i wanted your (You) i would beat it out of you

/plg/ is the only place where people aren't volume-phobic rippetards or doing some complete meme bullshit

Well Veeky Forums is shit generally, nobody debates that. But being emotionally attached to what the term powerlifting entails without even competing just reveals the deep-rooted insecurities of people who long for a sense of community while being contrarian cunts at the same time.
The rules of sport you do not compete in do not apply to you. They do not apply to you.
The fatty crowd has for a long time now poisoned the minds of unknowing, innocent beginners who just wanted to get in shape.

Conditioning is important. Rippetoe is a charlatan. There is more to fitness than heavy triples.

That being said, from what Ive gathered lurking the cesspool that is /plg/ most there are genetic dead-ends. Tiny frames, more fat than muscle, afraid of cutting down since they'd lose their strength. They know this, of course, or they wouldnt be roiding after 1-2 years of lifting. Oh well, at least with PL they can participate. Other sports arent as forgiving and its comfier for nerdy loners, I'll give you that

I hate them too. They hog racks/benches all day only to look fat and disgusting. Lifting should always be in pursuit of aesthetic improvement.

>he rules of sport you do not compete in do not apply to you
but I do compete???

>There is more to fitness than heavy triples
do you know who knows this and understands it better than you ever could? /plg/, and powerlifters in general

the rest of your post in literal projection

this. guys we need to keep in mind that a lot of these powerlifters are sad khv manlets that got bullied in school so they want to prove they're masculine. Us bullying them will only make things worse, rather have some empathy

Stop being obtuse. You know full well whats being preached here on a daily basis

I know that retards on regular Veeky Forums spread alot of misinformation through ignorance and that /plg/ is the only source of actual info on this entire board

I know that the people who unironically tell people not to do conditioning on Veeky Forums have nothing to do with powerlifting, as powerlifters dont really browse Veeky Forums outside of /plg/

What makes you think I can't?

I have lots of fun when I work out, but I don't "otherfy" other people at the gym and lump all the "Powerlifters" for example into one group and then say they are all idiots except one of them.

I also generally work out alone, but I know by first name at least 1/2 the people who workout consistently at the same time as me.

The only two people at the gym that annoy me are the normies who have no idea what they are doing and waste my time and everyone elses and circuit trainers in a non circuit training gym that use multiple high value items at the same time.

I don't really care what other people do or say in the gym as long as they are not wasting or are willing to share the valuable resources when I need them.

As a well balanced individual I could care less what anyone says especially someone I don't know or care to know.

For starters my post was not emotional nor am I flustered.

It was a grow the fuck up post. Who gives a shit what someone else things. Get your own shit right buttercup and move on.

Get bent skelly

Just about every powerlifter I have ever meet played sports.

In what world do you live in where powerlifing does not require mental toughness, conditioning and athleticism?

the one where a powerlifter stole his lunch money when he was 12 and now he has an irrational hatred

powerlifting is a fucking joke

youtube.com/watch?v=BOeRI6MDyns

>Like ok, you can squat 5pl8, but what's the point of that (assuming that you dont go to comptetitions)
If you don't compete you aren't a powerlifter. Also, switch powerlifting to any other sport. None of that is useful if you don't compete.

He squats and deadlifts more than you

Is this guy trying out for a gay sex video?

And he's still a midget with no muscle, so what's your point?

He's literally more muscular than you
instagram.com/p/BVjWLmXgvAA/?taken-by=strongeddie

He's
>literally
not even close

Lol what are weight classes amirite???

I do that too, but I probably snatch your deadlift so it's okay.

>powerlifting
>atlas stones

Tbh I would pay it if it meant I didn't have to be around 14 year olds, cardio bunnies, and old people.

>tfw my goal is to be low weight, heavy lifting, fast running, and aesthetic simultaneously

I just do Push/Pull with heavy compounds, high rep accessories, and a 5k run every 3rd day.

I enjoy it this way since I get to look good, lift heavier than the average gym goer and still be able to do well in cardio based activities.