Veeky Forums, what is this clean bulk nonsense? Surely, gaining muscle and losing fat is plausible on a deficit

Veeky Forums, what is this clean bulk nonsense? Surely, gaining muscle and losing fat is plausible on a deficit.

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gaining muscle
>losing fat
>bulk on a deficit fucking kekkeroni

Pick one seriously any bulk you'll put on body fat because you're eating above your recommended calorie intake.

The best bulk in my opinion is the Lean Bulk, eating as much as it requires to put on mass while keeping your fat to a minimum. This allows your next cut to be easier as you have very little fat put on from the bulking phase.

..But what's the point of bulking if you're on an interest in losing fat while gaining muscle? Muscle comes from protein.

You're wrong. Muscle comes from calories AND protein. Protein is just the building blocks, but you need energy to do the building.

Your body has more needs than just muscle repair and growth, and being on a calorie deficit means your body is using what energy it has for ESSENTIAL (not muscle gain) needs.

>losing fat while gaining muscle

Unless you're a turbo dyel this will almost never happen

Don't listen to the fags that say it's impossible to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously. Why does our body store fat? FOR ENERGY when food intake is low. Eat enough protein and maintain a calorie deficit and you can fuel your energy needs by burning fat and still build muscle. It may not be the easiest thing to do but it's completely possible. The term "Bulking" may give an unreasonable expectation on the amount of muscle you can build though.

And what will happen once you plateau with weight loss with minimal fat burning and muscle building
You will start bulking

Beginners can 'recomp' (build muscle while losing fat), but that's better done while eating at maintenance anyway. You don't want recovery issues from eating at a calorie deficit while adding weight to the bar. But unless you're very overweight, both your lifting and your cardio/conditioning will suffer if you stay at deficit for any length of time.

Hasn't fit already established that carbs are unnecessary?

>What are b-vitamins and a multi

>what will happen once you plateau with weight loss
When does that point come with ~150lb. at 12% BF for beginner lifting? That's 7.5lbs. of fat before 7% BF, which is ~52d at a 500Ca. deficit.

A 500Ca. deficit is pretty challenging for a sedentary lifestyle, even with no carbs, 6-9 scoops, and plenty of oil for omega 3s (plus milk for taste).

You can easily build muscle while on a deficit. This gets harder as you:

>get lower bf%
>are closer to your natural muscle mass limit (this gets lower as you lose bodyfat)

If you're fairly lean already and training for a couple years, you'll almost definitely lose muscle while cutting. If you're lean but new to lifting you'll probably see only very minor gains. If you're a fat fuck you can probably make gains while cutting, however this doesn't apply if your body needs the fat to maintain the muscle you have, which once again ties in to being close to your natural limit.

TL;DR: If you have to ask, you probably can.

You don't know what you're talking about

Starting to believe it. been eating way fewer calories than usual and working out hard. have def lost fat but my muscles are sore and hurt, which almost never happens usually

>he hasn't been lifting long enough to not be sore

You can definitely do it little guy, just train harder and eat your proteins.

Only frauds and novices can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Thems the breaks

You missed the point. I don't normally get sore.

Soreness is from novel exercise stimulus or a particularly hard workout. If you did DB press instead of bench for the first time in your life you'd get sore pushing 30lb dumbbells. It doesn't have anything to do with recovery so it's not really something that's ever affected by diet.

>Veeky Forums in charge of a source

>almost never usually

Quality post. I and many others have done it, but your well reasoned argument shows that the fact that it can and has been done is irrelevant and proves it's impossible.

If it was possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time at a decent rate then there would be lots of evidence of it happening.
But there isn't.

He said calories not carbohidrates, you can get calories from fat and protein

This is common knowledge faggot.
Try reading the fucking sticky.

You do realise not every little thing has verifiable research on it right? Just try to push your numbers a little next time you cut and see if you get stronger. If you wanna be autistic about it get your body composition measured before and after.

Prove it.
Show us the results of your superior knowledge.

I gained visible muscle mass after 4 months of 5x5 on a caloric deficit. I hit a few plateaus but I eventually stopped progressing completely having reached 1rm OHP 72 kg, 1x5 BP 90 kg, 1x5 squat 110 and 1x5 DL 120. It can happen, but only in the first few months. I was a fatlord when I started lifting. My weight was 105 kg.

Supposedly gaining muscle and losing weight is only possible if you're new to lifting, but that only lasts for a few months ago best and is dependent on your current weight, diet, genetics, etc.

I'm also 179cm. 5'10.5 or something.

Sure, let me go back in time and document the past for some fag who can't bother to look up the existing facts available.

I meant post a pic of your body.

>If it was fun being thin and fit, wouldn't it be everywhere?
This is how you sound. Appealing to tradition is non-logical.

OK.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/

hhhhnnnggg

But its not even common among those who have the discipline to be fit.

Post a picture of your body.

I think you're just a wishful thinker who doesn't have the discipline to commit to a diet either way.

amazing nobody brought it up till now
trenbolone, lots of it

>bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/

The authors of that site are clearly not natty.

yall retarded. You admit that novices can gain muscle on a cut? Why do you think novices would be able to do it but not lifters? Straight up broscience and shows yall lack any kind of critical thinking skills.

Its certainly easier to gain muscle on a bulk, but its possible to do it while cutting too.

Novice "gains" during a cut are more just muscles increasing glycogen storage and becoming more adept at the movements they are doing. The actualy dry muscle size gains is pretty negligible.

Your reasoning that your body will burn fat for energy over muscle is wrong unless you have far too much body fat and far too little muscle. Muscle is metabolically expensive and your body will get rid of any excess in an extended calorie deficit, even before it gets rid of much body fat. Hence, you do not know what you are talking about.

Just because it can be done in certain instances does not mean it's relevant to most people.

Sure, if you want to ignore the difference between aerobic and anaerobic and assume that one specific energy pathway takes over in all cases then you're right. But to assume that is wrong and so are you.

You're trolling, and that's fine. At least I hope you are. But you do realize that you're spreading misinformation.

>enough protein to increase muscle mass, but not enough energy for other processes, but there are fat stores
>there's also signalling to increase muscle mass because of lifting
A+B.

>Trolling
Sup kettle?

Protein is broken down in anabolic high energy workouts and fat is the bodys preferred fuel source for aerobic low impact exercise along with carbs. Literal scientifically known facts here with loads of research supporting it.

Tldr read a book and fuck off

>Surely, gaining muscle and losing fat is plausible on a deficit.
Obviously, but don't expect a board full of 16 year old trap loving faggots to know that, let alone explain it to you.
>2017
>visiting this shithole in search of factual information regarding health and fitness

PEOPLE ASKING THESE QUESTIONS ARE BEGINNERS AND CAN DO BOTH.

Can we please add a build muscle and lose fat section to the sticky

The point is that this information should be reflected in the posts -- if a 14%BF, 185lb. CBT is asking whether he should bulk or cut, the answer should plausibly always be cut.

shit i can feel my internet slowing down just by looking at those DSLs

I feel you. And it does make sense, people often forget that that is what fat is doing and why you lose weight. The extra energy needed to fill in the gap from the cut, comes from fat. Also the energy to make muscle. If the cut is way too big, since the rate of converting fat to energy is slow. Other resources are needed, so try to do a slow cut with good amout of protein and You'll be fine.

That's why exercise and muscle damage makes the body repair it, the body can't just let muscle be destroyed if it's needed, if you don't work out and cut, there is no signal to keep it.

>but you need energy to do the building
Right. And the body gets that energy by burning fat stores. The exception being rather lean individuals of course.

ID say, if the cut Low enough (100-150) , you can actually do it to amazing low bf, 15-20%

>15-20% body fat
>Amazingly low

Comeon son

whos the girl in OP?