Intermittent Fasting

How does intermittent fasting work? I mean I know how it works, eat within an 8 hours window per day (e.g. 12-8), fast for the other 16. What I don't get is how you're supposed to function on it. Do you 'cold turkey' start doing it, or do you transition from your current diet into it? I mean, if I skip breakfast then within a couple of hours I'm exhausted, starving, and my blood sugar levels have crashed. Does your body simply get used to a routine of when you eat and adjust your hunger and energy levels accordingly?

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/obesity-solving-the-two-compartment-problem/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Does your body simply get used to a routine of when you eat and adjust your hunger and energy levels accordingly?
Yep

Intermittent Fasting is a meme. It doesn't account for macronutrients, calories or the exercises you do. The only way it gets you to really lose weight is by forcing you to eat little because it's hard to fit loads of meals in a small time window. You still have to watch what you eat and not eat shit all the time. It's easier and more pleasant just to plan three square meals and cut out snacking and non-diet sodas.

I'm doing IF and it's pretty good tbqh,you enjoy meals much more and you avoid the breakfast cereal Jew

Still nobody's answered on whether you should go straight into it or transition

I've done it on and off for years. never had amazing consistency in the gym, but I have a pretty good foundation of overall health and phsyique considering how much i've been killing braincells over the last few years.

Like anything, Baptism by fire is better in my opinion.

I'm presently on day 2 of a 3 day water fast, with some salt flushes and maybe an enema tomorrow, :| to detox my body a bit and then once I decide to bust it up, i'm going to juice for a day, and then eat fruit only for a few and then get back into a healthier unproccessed food supplies instead of eating out.

so much of it is mind over matter and more often than not, you're not drinking enough water. If you decide to do a water fast, plan to not be very active or getting up to much. Otherwise I'd say jump right in and do 45 LISS cardio in the mornings first thing when you get up so it really hits your fat stores.

Does exercising on an empty stomach burn more fat than a full one? Or is it just broscience?

Been doing it for about a month now, Lost 15 pounds with zero exercise. This is my experience so take this all as fact.

At first i was really hungry at the end of the fast, then my body just got used to not eating as much. Eventually I just started eating 1 meal a day, and it wasn't even a big one, and maybe a small snack at the end of the 8 hours. i don't feel much different I guess. A little tired after 12 hours but I intake 0 sugar as well.

Empty stomach is scientifically better.

>what is the law of thermodynamics

Idiot

cals in/cals out is your "holy grail" of rules, it's supposed to follow the law as well, but it doesn't.

16:8 IF is pretty fucking easy, you will probably get used to it. If you don't like skipping breakfast, then skip dinner or whatever. I eat one meal a day soon after I wake up, because I don't like starting the day off hungry.

It wouldn't defy the laws of thermodynamics if your body burned more calories in a fasted state for some reason. Having said that, even if exercising in a fasted state burned more kcals, the difference would probably not be significant, so no-one should force themselves to exercise in a fasted state if it's really hard for them.

Everyone is different, but IF gets me the best results with the least 'hunger' throughout the day.

What I mean is, if I eat 3 meals, I get hungry literally an hour after eating meals and I'm practically hungry all day long.

What happens to me on IF is pretty nice, I don't get hungry until 3pm, then I'm only slightly hungry for around 2-3 hours before I can eat and when I get home from work (9-5 job) I stuff myself.

If I would eat breakfast at 7am, I'd already be hungry around 8-10am, simply because I break my fast with the first meal, and the meals are so small that it's practically nothing (if I'm on a decent cut).

Hey, you fucking retard, did you know that this does not violate thermodynamics?

What if I told you that maybe, just maybe, doing fasted cardio preferentially pulled weight from your fat stores rather than muscle, thus not violating thermodynamics.

Would that make sense to you, you genetically inferior subhuman fucking retard?

Currently on 16:8, went in "cold turkey", took me about a week to adapt. First week i was hungry the last hour of the fast, with low energy levels. After a week i had adapted and its become the new normal. Losing 1lbs/week, things looking good.

Guys arguing with calories in / calories out should probably read intensivedietarymanagement.com/obesity-solving-the-two-compartment-problem/

You're wrong too, preferentially pulling fat wouldn't explain losing more weight in itself. If you're in the same net deficit at the end of the day, you will have burned the same amount of fat. Fasted cardio could only lead to higher fat loss if it burned more calories, no way around it.

> this fucking retard does not understand that inefficient/incomplete burn of fuel is possible

KILL YOURSELF
OVERDOSE AND FUCKING DIE
NOBODY LOVES YOU

Incomplete burn would mean more calories burned, in other words, I'm right. You are just arguing about semantics here, i.e. is a calorie burned if the body doesn't actually burn it, just gets rid of it.
Your caps caps lock autism is also particularly pathetic, it is something 12 year olds do online, because they have no self control.

who the fuck eats breakfast for cereal lmfao

Nobody loves you
You are alone and slowly dying in an indifferent universe

Exersising just after you've eaten would mean you are more energetic and therefore more likely to burn more calories during a workout. The downside is that your body tends to use its glycogen stores instead of fat for exercise. Overall I think fasted excersise is better for cutting, but the actual difference is minuscule.

>Like anything, Baptism by fire is better in my opinion
You've never tried anal, have you?

This poster is a retard.
After eating the blood leaves your muscles and goes to your stomach to aid digestion. Gross oversimplification but that's the gist.