88lbs ohp after 8 months

>88lbs ohp after 8 months

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/5cce90/dr_mike_israetels_bodybuilding_notes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good job user. In two years you will get to 110 lbs

At least you can press the bar, ass hole

Fucking lol.

OP you're not eating enough. Stop being a lanklet.

Getting to lmao1pl8 is fucking simple if you train your shoulders at least 2x a week.

I have skinny ass shoulders, train only once a week. and even I can do it.

Fuck.

i do 85x5 and weigh 140 barely

a 1pl8+ ohp is pretty rare to see at my college gym.

> tfw 120 x 3

SOON

tfw I can OHP 90kg (210lbs) for 1 rep.

slow and steady

>1 rep
i'm sick of 1 rms, you cant handle a weight that you cant rep at least 5 times

Is it art school?

Why

actually you can't handle a weight that you can't rep at least 10 times

fucking WORD nigga, i'm tired of this shit too

pretty fucking sure i could get 1/2/3/4 1rms 2 weeks into training, but that wouldn't mean shit. if you can't rep a weight atleast 3 to 5 times, then fuck off

I want to protect Jordan's smile

spotted the dyel

>5x65 kg after a month
hmmmm

pretty fucking sure i could get 1/2/3/4 1rms 2 weeks into training
yeah too bad you have probably been training for more than 2 weeks and still can't 1rm on them faggot

Your own fault for not doing starting strength, not eating/resting enough, not adding weight constantly, not pressing often enough.

I agree with this very aggressive virgin.
1RM is quite a funny thing to value nowadays.

>Did 100 for 10 reps on OHP
>Estimated 1 RPM is 1pl8lmao
>Still felt like I could blast out 4 more reps at the end
>only halfway through my first month of GSLP

That being said, OHP is my best lift.

t. push press / standing bench

>Came here to laugh at OP
>Convert my 8.75 pl8 OHP to pounds
> 80 pounds
> mfw

next level trolling right here in this thread lmfao.
any male can ohp 1plate a couple times atleast

How many reps op

BUT IM DOING SS FUCKKK

5X5

Failed my last two sets today

>every adult male has intermediate+ strength
t. has never been in a gym

>start OHP with just the bar
>6 weeks later doing 75 3x5
>will be 80 in a week

Agreed. I've never done 1 rms in all the years I've lifted. If you can't do it at least three times, then the weight is too heavy.

non 1RM is a shit way to judge absolute strength, just because you train higher rep ranges doesn't mean that 1RM isn't the absolute best way to gauge strength, hence why it is tested for in weightlifting and powerlifting

keep telling yourself that pussy
not every1 is as weak as u lmfa0

nice digits
At my casual university gym I'm the best presser by far at "merely" 1.5 plate strict and 2 plate push press, never seen anybody else even do 1 plate which is equivalent to a 2 plate bench and what benchbros usually cap out at (my bench is 3pl8). Sure, it's different at a PL gym but your definition of "male" is that of an intermediate lifter.

Or maybe you just have manlet short arm ROM and hence your judging of OHP strength standards is screwed up.

>le ROM maymay
>some 5'8 asked if he could work in than outlifted me, better invent some way to make myself feel better

i dont use average weak incels for comparison

okay, just make sure to note that you exclude 99% of the male population prior to your definition the next time

??? this is all kinds of wrong

Well, I have 3 months training so I guess it's not that bad

a single pl8 is 45 lbs

8.75 pl8 would be 393.75 pounds plus 45 pounds from the bar

OHP was always my favorite lift but also the one I had the most trouble progressing in.

At my peak I was repping 225 on Bench but only like 110 on OHP.

It's a hard knock life.

He probably means one 8.75kg plate per side.

This.

Was stuck around 90lbs for a while. Started a decent split and did more shoulder work and boom, now at 115lb on the way to a plate.

I've been lifting for 3 weeks and my OHP is 105 pounds but I've just started stalling.

What do I do to stop stalling? Do I do lateral shoulder raises or something?

I noticed when I started doing dips my bench started going up a lot more.

Will the same thing happen if I do the same sort of thing for OHP?

Also, I'm going to the gym 6x a week if that makes a difference

try handstand pushups

Hah!

dude i could only do 95 natty max. started pinning am at 10 weeks and im repping 175. all you need is juice

>OHP is also stalled at 105
>Also go 6x a week

Please release me from this hell.

My left arm was fucking up at 155 bench 3x5 to the point that I had to drop to lmao 1pl8 and do 5x5, too. I've completely failed my chest this week.

Go for 100 for one rep after two warm up sets next shoulder day. After that, rest for 3-5 minutes and burn out as many as you can while dropping the weight 5-10lb until its just the bar. Guaranteed strength gains

What other work did you do? Stuck at 100

I mean 8.75 kg each side

Get specific and figure out where you are weak in that lift.
My weakness is the front delt, always the front delt, was stuck on 90lbs for reps for two or so months. I changed my training style to be similar to TM program and trained front delts with landmine press and weighted dips. Can do tripples with 105 now and push press what I can't stickly rep out. I also train it 3 times a week and dont bother benching. If you like training it, consistency will get you there.

I like your style, friend.
If you can't overload the muscle, you gotta up the volume or the tension and get that burn going. I also found Dr. Istraetel's advice on progressive overload useful for the OHP.
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/5cce90/dr_mike_israetels_bodybuilding_notes/

geesh what a pretty face. Imagine if she didn't have the body of a man though

Well, 10 reps is 75% of max, and on ohp it normally works bad to do long sets, so you would have failed at 2nd or 3rd rep. Unless you did several sets of 10x100, cuz many sets also suck when ohping

Lmao there are enough who cant dip unassisted or even bench 1pl8, what do you expect

As all linear programs have failed you apparently, ill tell you a secret: cycle reps. Go up 5lbs, do 3x3, then 5x3, 3x4, 5x4, 3x5, increase weight and start again. And if nothing helps alternate between this and low weight going from 3x8, 3x10, 12-10-8-8, 3x12, increase and start over. Due to the rather big jumps you need advanced progression for ohp before anywhere else.
Solid advice too, find your weakness and fight it. Weak at the start? - db press going down into reverse grip.

Weak at lockout? - push press and more tri work

Weak at chin height? - work on upper traps and maybe tris.

And dont forget to brace, it feels useless whem you try it with your 60 pounds when you start lifting, but without noticing you will stall if you dont brace correctly once the weight gets heavier, even if its only 90lbs

ohp tends to be proportional to ur bench. the bigger your bench the bigger your ohp.big arms/biceps help too. my geuss is youve just gotta start putting on more mass

IF YOUR LIFT IS NOT PROGRESSING THIS IS LIKELY DUE TO DEFICIENCIES WITH ANTAGONISTIC OR SUPPORTING MUSCLES

>50 kg 3x5 OHP after 6 months

Yeah that's not 8.75 pl8 retard. "1 pl8" = 20 kg

well, it has tris and front delt as main movers, same as bench(well, not as much front delts tho, but still a lot), the bracing hits kinda the same muscles, and the stabilizers are also very similar

180 OHP after 2 months

Just kill me already, I fell from 200 due to being a fat piece of shit with no activity for the last 3 years

For gifted athletic individuals, 1pl8 only takes 2-3 months if no prior strength training has been done. this is for 5 reps btw, not 1.

For average to below average you're looking at max 6 months, but probably in 4-5 months if you're doing SS and eating like a madman. OHP suffers substantially from weight loss, and benefits substantially from weight gain.

if you stall before 2-2.5 month you're doing something horribly wrong, and you're not doing the actual program. youi might think you're doing SS, but you're not.

i see people here recommending doing accessory work and periodization and other bullshit, but if you can't even OHP 1pl8 you need to fix ur shit, rather than add more volume and complex programming. stick to the basics, milk your LP gains, then worry about the more advanced stuff.

You're doing at least one of these things wrong:

* Form - things like squeezing your upper back, locking your knees, squeezing your quads & glutes, and bracing hard is often overlooked
* Recovery - do you sleep enough? 8h+ a day
* Diet - you need to gain weight if you want to progress the press. it's one of the hardest lifts to progress one if you just maintain or cut, it's near impossible.
* Progression - how much weight are you adding per session? it should be no more than 5 lbs, but probably 2.5 lbs once you approach ~90-100 lbs

could also be your shitty 6x week routine

these noob gains stop, and for some weaklings this is early, especially when SS is done while cutting, in many cases youre completely right about keeping it simple as a beginner, but some people actually stall at 90lbs, and they have to advance. ohp is the only lift that can stall very early imo, especially because you need to change your form with increasing weight(no bracing neccesary at low weights

>SS is done while cutting
>but some people actually stall at 90lbs

how many ppl do it while cutting and stall at 90 lbs? you should only cut if you're very overweight and if you're overweight and do ss you'll probably destroy 90 lbs the first 2-3 weeks

if you're not overweight, but maybe not ideal bf% and do ss while cutting, you're just retarded

>ohp is the only lift that can stall very early imo

very early, no. but the first lift? definitely. it shouldn't stall before 2 months i'd say, if your'e doing the program correclty, which i can assure, these people are not.

>because you need to change your form with increasing weight(no bracing neccesary at low weights

that's the most retarded thing i've ever read. there's no excuse for using shitty form just because you can and it's light. that's how you practice bad movement patterns and never master anything. fix ur form when it's light and practice it every warmup, and it'll stick with you when shit starts to get heavy.

Sounds familiar. Seems like everything is easy to train except shoulders. Working weight over 4pl8 for deadlift, still not at 1pl8 ohp.

Get sore real fast in the front of the shoulder, pretty deep. Is that the rotator cuff? Do I need mobility stretches, or high rep dumbbell work for the minor muscles or whatever?

>le hope in humanity lost

OHP is overrated anyways, you can't really focus on contraction and going heavy will easily snap your shit up. It's an inefficient exercise if i ever seen one. if your working out mainly for aesthetics, just do dumbbell press, lateral raises etc or use a smith machine to do ohp.

Why do so many people e stat? The most I've seen someone OHP at my gym is 115 for reps

Let me ask you a question, are you the type of person to lift heavy weights and get only 6-8 reps per set on an exercise. Because if so, i can guarantee you are dyel.

why are there so many weaklings on this site?

Because people who e-stat are actually insecure about their physique (ie power lifter fatties) so they over compensate with their strengths lmao.

People dont realize weights are just a number. If you dont utilize it with proper contraction and slow negatives ur muscles are just gonna look watery/bloated and not chiseled/granularity like bodybuilders have.

this is good shit user

>125lb ohp, 185 bench, 215 squat, 300 dead after a year

what hte fuck are you talking about

i agree you shouldnt stall for 2 month, but OP was talking about the 8month-mark.
not all fatties are that heavy, i mainly meant skinnyfat, a real fattie should reach 1pl8 while cutting.
and the lack of form is that people just dont focus it, when i started ohping i didnt brace at all and progressed, then i noticed how unstable i became, learned bracing and progressed. same for bench, at a light weight bracing isnt natural as the load is too light, on squat and dead you collapse if you dont brace, bench and ohp work fine with light loads(you dont brace for curls for example). i remembered when starting out i picked up the bar while benching, my warmups felt throwable, my 12 max felt kinda light, my 5max rather heavy. now i get the heavy feeling even when picking up my 20max. same for ohp, when starting out i reverse-curled it, now i need to do a real powerclean/take a rack. your 5rm will feel different when you increase in strength, even if you reach the same reps as month before with a 50lbs lighter load, but i guess youre too dyel to have reached that point.

where do you fail when OHPing, at chin, eye lockout, or from chest? and hows your OHP to bench ratio?

>i agree you shouldnt stall for 2 month, but OP was talking about the 8month-mark.
it means he has fucked up something really bad for those 8 months, not that he's tried really hard and done everything correctly and still couldn't progress.

i mean even if you stalled and reset 10 times on SS during that time period you'd make SOME progress, albeit very slowly. it just sounds like he's either not eating, or not sleeping. probably the former.

>not all fatties are that heavy, i mainly meant skinnyfat
you don't cut as a skinnyfat on SS, sorry. then you're not doing the program correctly

>but i guess youre too dyel to have reached that point.
????

all i said, there's no excuse to use shitty form at lighter weights just because it's not needed. yes, almost every beginner will fall for this trap, and i did so myself, but that doesn't make it right. if you had a coach monitoring every single rep that you did, you would not get away with it. that's why it's not constructive to bring this up.

Pretty much as soon a I Iift a loaded bar off the rack I'm fighting my shoulders at any significant weight. Not failing noticeably at any point, even just holding the bar still anywhere between after the rack and before locking out overhead.

Bench has always been much better. Peak was around 2.5pl8. I did once get severe inflammation in one shoulder after hitting the bench too hard/often. Needed a couple months off, but no lasting effects.

*even some trouble just holding

>all i said, there's no excuse to use shitty form at lighter weights just because it's not needed.

as you stated, many beginners miss important parts of technique, and need to learn it later as it becomes the reason that they stall. you wondered why people stall so early, and i just said that the bracing is easily missed as a beginner and many lifters dont figure it out on their own and make "buhuu im stalling and have no idea what to do" threads, i never said theres something right about it, just a common reason for early stalling on ohp

well what i did against a rough start was db ohp where you twist into a reverse grip when going down, but if it already starts with the weight resting maybe arch your back a bit more ofr an easier start, and maybe try gripping slightly wider

All of this only applies if you're willing to shove food down your face until you weigh so much that a 1pl8 OHP isn't even intermediate.

was stuck on 100 pound OHP for months until i switched to texas method. try a day of medium weight medium reps with afew sets (5x5) and another day of trying to break your pb for just 1 set. worked for me