How should we combat the obesity problem in america? Would the same methods used to fight cigerettes work...

How should we combat the obesity problem in america? Would the same methods used to fight cigerettes work? Why or why not?

The government should stop subsidizing sugar, whether it works to combat obseity or not.

Can't tell adults what to do, freedoms and shit. But we get them while they're young and give them mandatory nutrition and cooking classes. Also a military-inspired physical training (in school, a lot of running, pushups, etc.). Figure something like the Hitler Youth.

Give adults an eating and workout book in the mail every year, like they used to do with the phonebook. Voluntary compliance.

Ya ban food advertising. If you turn on any kids show the commercials are 90 percent junk food commercials and its absolutely disgusting. Also implement taxes on junk foods and sodas and use the proceeds to pay for a national health care system. After that increase education and make people learn about basic nutritional science even if they live bumfuck red states.

Bonus: ban all sports that fat people play like baseball and football

do not give fat women the time of day, pretend they are only sentient balls of fat and grease who cry their way through life. They will only have cucks and other fatties to indulge their so called 'sexual desires' and will either change or suffocate under Boogie's fat folds.

Obesity epidemic is due to BIG CORN, they constantly have to keep pushing this product into every place they can use it, in the end making us fat

only combat female obesity. let o ese me die so there is less competition

These are both good ideas that will never be implemented. Huge corps like Kellogg and Yum! Food group have a tight grip on congress and would never allow such regulations to pass

This. I know itll never happen but id love to see junk food taxes and stop marketing to children. Fuck dude kids dont know no better. But our current congress was cowed into making pizza a vegetable so the next generation is beyond fucked

Ya well a lot of good ideas are off the table until campaign finance reform happens. Bernie Sanders had an amazing grass roots campaign predicated on promising to get money out of politics, but depending how many conservative judges get appointed by the current administration campaign finance reform might be blocked by the courts for the next 50 years or so.

While we are on this subject the whole 2000 calories a day is fucking bullshit, most people need less than that and most women need like max 1200 cals. Gov is straight up lying about this shit so people will buy and eat more food

tax sugar
subsidize fruit and vegetables
ban advertisement of unhealthy food

Ban high fructose corn syrup.

One word: dictatorship.

We've had a great run, 230 years of uninterrupted democracy? Good job. But we should try something else for a change. Let's throw those CEOs out some helicopters.

america isnt a democracy you fucktard

Easy, we leverage the systems already in place.

Make gyms a low cost/risk business with a tax break, and add a price ceiling based on the facility. Further encourage this with a small tax on all foods using filler ingredients.(wheat, corn, soy)

For people that maintain physical fitness, they get a little more on their tax returns. For those that fail, their share goes to keeping the nearest gym open.

mandatory yearly physicals for all adults. tax body fat percentage above say, 18% for men and 28% for women, with progressive increases. Exemptions or reductions for pregnant women, professional athletes, etc. the money could be used to subsidize gym memberships, municipal or school sports leagues, public pools, parks, and so on. Hell, could just give straight up cash or tax rebates to people in exceptional shape. You get what you subsidize.

horrible idea

Leaders are elected democratically, I took Civics too, you hair-splitting faggot. I'm aware the US is a republic.

If you pay any attention, you realize we're actually a pay to play oligarchy, regardless of what any documents say. No bills even come up unless a ton of money is at stake. Up your power level, pleb

t. fatty

Germany has a democracy because every candidate gets the same amount of money to campaign with and the person who gets the majority of the votes after participating in civil discourse wins. America is an oligarchy because campaigns usually come down to who raised the most money from international corporations and billionaires and the president can lose the popular vote by quite a bit as was the case last election.

Easy. Education. Many Americans attempt to diet, but have the wrong idea that calories and fat intake are the cause of obesity. I bet more than half of Veeky Forums still believes this to be true.

If Americans were aware that the enormous sugar intake was responsible for weight gain, then self-motivation would be enough to fix at least the majority of Americans.

She's cute, I like girls like that

>not calories
>sugar

I'm not sure exactly what you are getting at. If you burn the same amount you consume, I don't see why you couldn't maintain even with a lot of calories from sugar. Not that you would feel very good.

I been trying to a fuck a few fatties thin, hasn't worked yet but imma keep trying.

Too bad Germany is much much worse off than the US, ever since the plucky Austrian stepped down.

good b8 m8

Affordable housing, pays students for higher education, high income equality, very large middle class, public health care. Yep its terrible over there.

>develop man made disease which would be impossible to survive if too fat and unhealthy.
>release it in to the general population so that the obese, both the usual type and body-fat-obese, die at a shockingly fast rate.
>nothing of value is lost as most of them would never have made it even if society was fixed.
>the concept of fat = death is drilled in to the social conscious so hard, everyone stops fucking about and takes their health seriously.
>being forced to deal with a huge increase in 300lb corpses to move and process, communities are conscripted in to assist in the cleanup. Fat hate becomes rife.
>a few chubby HAES believes that hold out are subjected to overwhelming social pressure and witch hunts.
>CDC imposes rationing to make people stick to CICO.
>we pray we don't lose too many powerliftiers to the storm.

And being overrun by niggers and muslims. Don't forget the unwashed masses flooding their streets like every other European city.

>Tfw all these suggestions will never work or be implemented
>Tfw all the world's women are slowly becoming obese blobs
>Tfw in some parts of the US, 2/3's of women are straight obese, not just overweight.
>Tfw global obesity is an inevitability
>Tfw chubby chaser

Admit it Veeky Forums, it's time to adapt. In 15 years time, you'll be lucky if you pull the girl in pic related. C'mon Veeky Forums, gotta move with the times

agreed

Senpai I'm from Arizona. Do you understand that America is like 60% white?

Yes, Germany is fucking FLOODED with immigrants

I genuinely fantasise about shooting obese people in the head. Just putting a gun to their forehead and pulling the trigger. I don't even see them as human.

I'm talking blob tier people with gigantic gunts. Not just fatties or chubbers.

replace fast food drive thrus with treadmills

tax break or cheaper health insurance, something, give people some sort of cash incentive to stay/get fit and people will probably go for it.
maybe the money the govt saves not paying fatties health care bills even offsets the cost of the program or w/e.
Some health insurance companies do this sort of thing already.

>be 30+
>never indoctrinated in to fat fetishism like kids will be now
>find overweight women repulsive
>"forced" to date healthy women in their early 20s, desperate for men who are not fat or fuckbois

Theres nothing in the world which will get me to pork a ham, degenerate-user.
Even if I have to fight for the last attractive female in the world, I will never settle for something that looks like that.

Thanks for the semi.

Don't worry. We'll build up an immunity to obesity in a couple thousand years ahead.

It's ok user.

I'm sure that you're skinny petite wife won't be influenced by pop culture or mass media in to thinking that maybe being fatter isn't that bad. I'm sure once she's settled down and content, she'll keep up extensive exercise and diet routine.I'm sure if she did put some weight on user, you'd tell her what for and not be too worried about being alone again to make a stand against it.

I'm sure you're not a fighting a losing battle user.

Nah, fuck petite girls, they're the first to turn in to butterballs, not realising they have a 1500 calorie TDEE, and thinking flowery pink cocktails filled with sugar are what small women like them should drink, tee hee.

Tall, and active. Girls who I can enjoy things with. Biking, hiking, swimming, occasionally lifting. If you're basing your relationship on "Netflix and chill" it's no surprise when she balloons up, thinking that sitting in front of a screen with pizza in one hand and your dick in the other is the core of your relationship.

Fit girls get pudgy when they hit middle aged and hormones fuck up, or turn in to leather handbags obsessed with cardio.
Fat girls look middle aged at 20, and age like butter left out of the fridge.

The girls I've dated in the last five years were fully aware of media bullshit.
Unfortunately for you, user, it seems you are not, tricked in to fetishising "thicc" girls photoshopped in to looking passably human, turning your mind in to a degenerate who praises the deteriation of our species.

Why care for fat women when cute petite traps exist

And how does that change the fact that Germany has it's shit together, whilst the US is overrun with corruption?

I doubt random bystanders are getting blown up or run over by trucks in Arizona.

I've been single for 9 years. I can go another 9 just fine. I will not tolerate a fat cunt.

>Germany
>land of arresting people for criticism of the state and trying to act like there isn't a rape problem with the """""refugees""""" they've imported
>have their shit together
hoho

The thing is that in the US, people DO NOT value education.

>Live in the South
>Go to uni
>Take math class as part of my CompSci curriculum
>Taking baby Algebra along with some nursing students because I didn't take the SAT's
>Some landwhale nursing student rants about why we need to take useless courses and how she's wasting her time in Math class.
>Next day she's ranting about how much she loves college football

People here are so fucking backwards. They value shit like college football, meanwhile never even playing the damn thing, and not valuing shit that can open doors for them.

>US
>Get shot for no reason by the police.

And meat

I've been into fatties even before the thicc meme started. True, I will give you the fact of not sharing activities is a disadvantage but you can work it. Doing strenuous exercise activities with male friends and then coming home after working hard to your fat gf to comfort you, pretty good desu

>Getting petite girls "girly" drinks filled with sugars to fatten them up

Thanks for the tip user

Imagine subjecting yourself to a life of loneliness because you refuse to adapt to modern times. C'mon user, fat chicks are the best.

Aren't more men obese than women?

I would rather die alone than date a fat chick. I simply am not attracted to them.

This * 1000. I would rather never have sex again than sinking so low
>dat engagement ring on the second pic
O_O

The "thicc meme" is new, the fat praising in the media and society at large is not.
Did you grow up around fat women? Did you used to love getting big warm soft hugs along with cakes and toys from your obese aunts? Do big women make you feel safe?
Tell me about jour mother, herr degenerate-user, gas she ein big girl?

>Doing strenuous exercise activities with male friends and then coming home after working hard to your fat gf to comfort you, pretty good desu

Breaking your back to look and feel good, to go go home to a hog who doesn't even care about her skyrocketing cholesterol, growing inability to do anything physical, BO, and dwindling life expectancy.
Trying to make yourself feel better by having sex with a person you've convinced yourself you loved, but it only amounts to you mechanically fucking a completely sedentary barely human shaped sack of shit, who can't exert herself in any way, and even just laying there is causing her hips to hurt.
One day producing a son with this living embodiment of gluttony, only for her excess fat to convert all testosterone he -may- get in utero in to oestrogen, producing an effeminate, soft offspring to carry on your legacy.

Cool, more fatties for me.

>women
>max 1200 kcal

Please never become a nutritionist. You're a fucking retard. The average woman needs around 1800 kcal a day. The average man 2000 kcal a day.

Wait up hold on woah woah woah do you think the govt has stopped ppl from smoking cigarettes?

Mother's skinny
Aunts who I spent the most time around were skinny
No weird fat women related incidents occurred to me in my youth
Nothing too weird in childhood crushes (although She-hulk in the animated marvel shows was my big crush for some reason)
I'd say the only real influence is that totally spies episode where the blonde gets fat as fuck after eating tonnes of cakes or something.

First sexual interests during puberty were always fat woman. I don't know user, maybe I'm hardwired for fatties.

>"mmmm, eating excrement is so tasty, you should try some... what do you mean I'm a mentally ill retard? All the more delicious poopy for me then!

kys

Not a fan of smoking but if it makes less fat people .... give them back their smoking ... tell them when they feel like eating chain smoke ... just dear god end my suffering

>implying that happens enough outside of shithole cities and being a stereotypical nigger to give a shit.

>no reason
wew

If you remove the word "pretend" you are 100% right

Football is entertaining. Math isnt to 99%. I dont think thats backward

Yes. About a 58% decline over the last 40 years. If we could see the same results for obesity it would save literal billions probably trillions in the long run in healthcare costs

You should have to be 18 to buy shitty foods and childhood obesity should be classified as child abuse

Yes. Do you not?

eating foods with a lot of sugar spikes your blood glucose levels. This causes our body to produce lots of insulin. It takes longer to burn those calories when your insulin is always abnormally high.

i want thin girl just so I could do this to her. SO fucking hot

I've fucked her...it was glorious

>But we get them while they're young

How are you going to do that when they are raised by fat parents forcing their fat habits 24/7?

bullshit

Fuck freedom, put fatties in work camps where the only way out is pic related.

This. I consider myself fairly right leaning but personal responsibility on a national scale isnt feasible. Not everyone has a terrific and responsible nuclear family to rely on. A governments job is to serve its people

Theres literally a handicap access gate right next to those turnstiles wtf

Thats not enough. They want the entire world redesigned to be for fats. Then theyll still bitch

There are more fat congressman than there were congressmen who smoked

Just prescribe hard stimulants and meth and coke

Being a cokehead is healthier than diabetes. Probably safer behind the wheel too. Hyperglycemia impairs cognition.

I doubt it. Nearly every adult white male smoked

The reason these threads die is because nobody on here has anything constructive to say. But the /fat/ hugbox and /fph/ and other threads will hit limit in a couple hours

>Would the same methods used to fight cigerettes work?
>pictures of that super fat guy with leg pustules and other grotesque fatasses on junk food packaging

You might be onto something.

>muh race war

kys

We dont do that in america

Explain last election then?

>millions of americans realized that the "american democracy" had been functionally turned into an oligarchy and in an unprecedented grassroots funding effort gave 20 bucks each to an old democratic outsider named bernie sanders who wanted to implement campaign finance reform laws and give wealth/freedom/power back to average americans
>established democratic party was threatened by the populace uprising and teamed up with hillary clinton to crush him
>hillary clinton and the democratic party pushed the narrative that her and some retarded orange geriatric man baby trust fund kid from new york would be the only real candidates because she thought he was a total joke
>in a hilarious twist of irony people voted for the retarded man baby who is now our president and appointed a bunch of other retarded billionaires to run our country and shit all over america and pillage more wealth
>an ex kgb agent is running russia and decided to help get the man baby elected to prove to their citizens that american democracy is dead because it wants to crush support for a democratic revolt
>orange man baby floated his failing businesses by talking money from rich russian oligarchs and criminals to launder their money and was more than happy to work with the russians

the fact that a retard with russian money can buy his way into the presidency without learning a thing about politics or even reading a fucking book in his life should be final proof that america is an oligarchy

BRAP DOWN MY THROAT!

I'd still fuck it

The problem is the fucking diets. Anyone fairly educated knows this. There is too much sugar in the American diet. Fix the diets fix the people.

the calorie counts are correct, its the 3-400 grams of carbs bullshit recommendation

Fuck right off faggot
If meat goes, I fucking eat vegans

>muh Bernie

Get fucked, commie scum

Start teaching people to read the label on stuff they buy and put it into context.

Average normal people food is so fucking calorie dense. It's incredible.

I would. She has an alright face and probably lets out massive BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS

Oh my fucking God I want her to sit on my face and choke me to death with her piss.

No shit. The question was how retard

Except a majority of football players follow rigorous lifting schedules.

Today's linemen and linebackers are mostly muscular as the game has evolved towards speed and strength. The only position that seems to not have physically changed from 50 years ago is the nose tackle, they need to be huge to take up as much space in the middle of the trench as possible.

I can guarantee you even the most unhealthy professional football player is twice as in shape as the average American.

i want to be behind this...was
shes kinda cute to.

JFK had a pretty good national fitness program going, I've read.

Mind you, I was in an ROTC-like program in my teens and was conscripted afterwards, and was still unfit as shit. What a military (or military-like) approach may often miss is imparting an understanding of a given movement or exercise, in favor of shortcuts to achieve the times/reps required.

Reduce portion sizes
Improve public transportation
Encourage dense, mixed-use development