Girlfriend wants to start lifting with me

>Girlfriend wants to start lifting with me.
>Were lifting legs tomorrow.
>shes tiny as fuck and probably really weak.

where do I start Veeky Forumsizens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZkGCJY8pudc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bodyweight squats.
Also pics

wrist curls

1) Keep feeding her Var until she passes out.
2) Have her do whatever at the gym, her gains will be great regardless.
3) Enjoy the increased libido and choke on her new clit the size of a

Smith machine squats with just the bar. Also post pics.

body weight for sure. tried to get my gf to start with just the bar and she didn't like it at all. tried to even move her down to kettles or holding a DB

nope'd to all of above. instead got her to do high rep body weight and leg press machines

women complain and don't like any kind of strain

>gf wants to be an honorary man
>i have no problem with that

Closet queer.

Brought my GF to the gym and ran her through some basic pull day/push day stuff. She likes it

Starting strength

I've been in this position before; I suggest a standard machine leg press and seated leg curl. They are less intimidating and easier to execute, which will leave her with a more positive experience at the end of the day. The more she enjoys and feels confident with her first day working out with you, the greater the chance she will continue to lift.

Just referencing the picture posted. The guy on the right, does anyone else think shorts that long look ridiculous?

trips of bullshit overhere

Muscle tone and the ability to do physical activities are not masculine. If your idea of masculine is someone who can carry lift like a woman who exercises, you need up your standards for what you consider masculine.

Even most women on gear aren't "manly".

If your shorts go past your knee, you dress like shit. Ideally you should have at least a couple inches of thigh visible, and the better looking your legs are, the more you should show them.

Your leg day goals should be to build legs that can justify UDT shorts.

THIS

this was my plan:
>leg press just the sled
>light leg curl
>light extentions
>light calves

I do 4x10-12

I want to take it really easy for the first 2 weeks or so she actually enjoys it/sticks with it.

Agreed, I'm slowly working down to that as well. I've had guys give me shit for wearing chino shorts and swimsuits with a 5" inseam, I don't understand it.

Have a set plan to do when you get to the gym. I would recommend creating a routine for her. Start with the lowest weight when she first starts. She is going to need to be pushed or she will not adopt fitness as a lifestyle.

Sounds like a solid plan, guy. It sounds like you already have this in mind, but try to remember how intimidating a gym felt when you first started lifting. Stay positive, stay casual, and you'll have a lifting gf in no time. All the best

youtu.be/ZkGCJY8pudc

I don't own any shorts with more than a 6 inch inseam, I want to move to 4 inch inseam, but I've gotta get used to ballhuggers first, 4 inch and smaller inseam shorts show my current preferred underwear.

I'm not interested in what straight men think of how I dress, I want their sisters to like it, and you stand out when you show thigh.

If your shorts are longer than your knee, you dress like a pussy.

gay

Ill definitely keep that in mind. Thanks user, the same to you.

Wish me (her) luck Veeky Forums!

If I make your dick twitch, that's you that's gay, not me.

If introduced several 115-130 lbs girls into squatting with a empty bar the first day.
After a week of getting used to it they had no problem using it with a good form.

If they are smaller simply use a lighter empty bar

If you're checking my dick for twitches, you're gay

Totally, the confidence in wearing them certainly shows. Dudes may poke fun, but girls notice.

Hey, curlbro. Nice basketball shorts. Tod bad they don't shroud your bullshit calves. Tough break.

I can't see you, but you're the one who is uncomfortable with yourself because I show thigh.

Think about that.

shes 5'1" and weighs about 95-100lbs.
ill probably have to work her up to the bar for a couple weeks.

>DB Goblet Squats
>DB Romanian Deadlifts
>DB Lunges
maybe something for calves (DB calf raises?)

These are great tools to help her learn the motions, you can start really light with dumbbells.
Just don't do only this stuff forever. You should still graduate her to barbell lifts at some point.

Don't put her on machines (including the smith machine). Nobody should be using those.
Except maybe the Leg Press to help her get used to "heavy" weights instead of tiny dumbbells.

Don't fall for the memes. Women should train just like men. She should be doing barbell squats, deadlifts, even bench and OHP at some point. Which brings me to the next point: Don't neglect her upper body. She's not going to look bulky if she trains her upper body, she's only going to look fit. If she doesn't train her upper body she'll look stupid with a nice ass and legs but skinnyfat bony arms. Also developing the chest is good for the boobs.

Dumbbells are good for starting women out, as they are much lighter than even "just the bar" and also help develop coordination. But again, you should get the barbell into her hands at some point.

Oh, and for sets/reps, I'd say 3-5 sets of around 8 reps (i.e. 5-10). She shouldn't feel overwhelmed by the weight but it should also not be so light that it doesn't feel like anything at all.

Goblet squats to a plyo box
Then Barbel squats to a plyo box (or a legit box for box squats)
Then after she gets that down free barbell squats
Then some form of hip hinge, light weight RDLs would probably be ideal
Or just regular deadlifts.
Shit you could also get her started with a 5-10 minute warm up walk on the treadmill, some unweighted split squats and then go straight to the deadlifts. It might be a confidence booster even if she's only pulling 115 pounds.

good thinking man. ill probably have her get into some dumbells for a little while till she starts building some strength, then sprinkle some barbell in there eventually.

i guess my biggest concern with all of this is to have her enjoy it and get some sort of noob gains that will propell her to actually stick with it.

she reeeally wants to look Veeky Forums. shes already skinny , theres just not much muscle and shes never lifted. Im kind of looking at her like its me in the past, and i want to start her right and steer her away from mistakes i would have made when i was a hungry skeleton.

Rhodesian military is bae

im running mine with modified strongcurves atm
hooked on protein shakes
shes getting bigger

Don't do it. My gf started lifting with me a year ago and hasn't stopped. She comes along every time and I actually really like and love her so I don't have the heart to tell her I want to go alone.

She's literally made zero progress in anything over the course of the year. She has fun which is nice but she always tries to chat me up in between heavy squats or deads when I can barely think straight.

I've tried to recommend form stuff and adding weight but she won't do it. Says she's worried about getting hurt or isn't feeling it that day or something.

So basically I have a cute annoying gym buddy who I can't tell to fuck off without real life consequences (which, again, I care about) who doesn't make any progress and tries to break my focus when I wish to push myself.

Luckily I'm switching to morning gym in about a month due to a school schedule change and she definitely isn't motivated enough to get up at 5:30 am to hit the gym with me. Solitude is Just on the horizon.

I honestly feel like she's coming because she thinks girls will try to talk to me at the gym (lol) and is puppyguarding.

The fact that you have a seemingly healthy relationship implies you have a decent tolerance for stupid bullshit, but I know if I were in your position I couldn't let that bug me for long. I'd try to be polite and tell her you just want to listen to your music or some shit before she starts poking you during a deadlift PR attempt and you put her head through the gym mirror.

Ask her about their goals. Figure out what they want to focus on, strength, endurance, hypertrophy, mobility, gaping, etc.

I'm pretty sure her goal purely aesthetics.
>sees girl in OP pic
>"Thats what I want my body look like."
>y-ou can.. you can.

show her FBW with squats, RDLs, bench, lat pulldown and lateral raises. Don't give her a fucking bootcamp, because she'll never come back
she's going to struggle, user, so you have to be supportive. It's men who thrive on criticism and challenge, women do so on praise. Count her progress for her and use it for motivation

I don't even think of those as shorts, more like mids.

How to convince skinny gf to start lifting?

what are you even trying to say you "bae" using degenerate

She's a more experienced lifter than you give her credit for. She's been lifting her skirt up for me for years.

did you think this would be funny

she can do it user, my gf is 100lbs and she did with the empty bar for 5 reps on her first try
also serge has the best arms in bodybuilding ever

How upper body exercises are gonna enhance their butt?

I fucked your girlfriend in an empty bar. She didn't want to but hey, 100 lbs.

I chuckled.

Wew
>Jewgle "steroid clit"
A new low for me to sink to has arrived

>Girlfriend wants to start lifting
>Later she starts twerking in the gym

Dude that sounds so cute. My gf goes to a gym for cardio but I homegym. She always annoys me during sets and I bark at her so now I have a "fuck off unless your dying" rule in effect.

Have her start squatting jfc. My gf started with the bar on day one and can squat 160lbs for reps now. Don't take it easy on her because she's a woman. Train her just like you would train one of your friends.

100% sure this is a hotel room and not a gym

Good. She doesn't need to train strength anyway. Keep her at low weight and high reps for delicious volume gains in her ass and thighs.

When you're /crossfit/ mater race, everything's a gym.

Just me and my mommy, hanging out I got pretty hungry so I started to pout She asked if I was down ?for something yummy and I asked what and she said she'd give me her milkies! Yeah! Yeah! I drink them! I slurp them! I swallow them whole It makes mommy happy that her breasts are sore... More mommy! More!! 1 milkies, 2 milkies, 3 milkies, 4 I'm mommy's little baby and she's my candy store! She is so squishy!She makes me feel good! She fills me up like a mommy should!~

what a stupid ape

Wow! Racist much?

>Lifting with grill

Are you a fag, user?

tell her you saw a hot fit girl at the gym the other day.

Being super unbalanced looks retarded.

Be careful user, you're walking into a very dangerous territory.

in the real world, no one gives a shit what you wear to the gym.

Bodyweight squats to start out and then try some goblet squats with a dumbbell(use a light weight)

It says hourglass