Go back in time

and change one thing to create the best alternate history.

Rome gets Ceasar 2.0 just as the empire starts to fall apart and rebuilds itself, surviving until today.

invade arabia and romanize them ,we will be free of islam and hundred of years of useless war

I build a two-way time machine.
This way, I can keep travelling back and forth, and start collecting data about what REALLY happened.
Bam. An alternate history where there are no historical mysteries.

Kill Stalin

Confederate victory with Foreign Intervention after Maryland campaign.

Latin America saved from Northern filibustering. USA never enters WW1. Nazis never happen .

op here. preddy good ones.
how about if leif errikson conquers america?

Stop Talleyrand from interfering with negotiations between France and Russia. Alexander sides with Napoleon, Russia invasion never happens. Europe remains under Napoleonic hegemony, Prussia and the eternal Anglo are kept in check.

You think Caesar could do shit when empire is falling apart around you?

Stop Majorian's assassination. Really all that needs to be said. He was turning the empire around and back on the right track.

Athens wins the Peloponnesian war.

probably fug someone i mean not like i would be an anybody if i do travel back in time

Islam was created as a result of the Romanization/Christianisation of Arabia.

Even if you did that it would at most prolong the life of the Empire by a century or so.

keep alexander alive until he can Hellenize arabia, kill him off afterwords

Destroy England.

Humans in West Asia around 12,000 B.C go extinct meaning jews never exist.

Middle east somehow ceases to exist at some point not long after the death of christ

I tell the ships that are passing around Jerusalem during as it's getting sieged in I Crusade to go back. Thus crusaders can't do anything and die out of thirst, thus preventing any further crusades, thus preventing the Sacking of Constantinople, thus preventing the Fall of Byzantium, thus ushering in a golden age of peace and prosperity for humanity as the ottomans never gain sizeable power and Islamic expansion is NULL.

Abraham or whoever trips and cracks his head open on a rock, and thusly monotheism is killed stone dead. No judaism, no christianity and no islam = best timeline.

Rome never conquers mediterranean, celts, iberians germanics etc. are slowly civilized, instability of one state doesnt affect the whole west and competition pushes to discovery of new technologies and lands.

Caesar was never killed and restored order to the republic, as he was wont to do

Russia wins the Crimean War.

Literally the best timeline.

save him

In the year 400 the Indians discover some really good shit, this makes their land actually valuable and the sassanids invade india, this allows them to become a merchentile powerhouse. Since communication is really bad for the sassanids in anything west of Persia the Byzantine-sassanid war never happens, this allows the 2 nations to repel an Islamic invasion, this makes Islam only spread in Ethiopia and east Africa, and because there are no trade routes to convert Islam through because all the important trade goes through the sassanids Islam never spreads very much outside of Africa and Arabia. After this it’s hard to know what would happen but I imagine you might get something akin to the fall of Islam mod from eu4, atleast in asia

Go back to spamming “cristcuck xddd” threads on /pol/ you pagan fetishist

I was present in the late roman republic, with the ability to speak latin, some scientific books and a crate of gold. I'd get rome up and running so fast and enforce my own values on them as they take over the world, creating an utopia

he has an heir

We all know its what was supposed to happen

>Islam was created as a result of the Romanization/Christianisation of Arabia.

Yes, that's what he said. And that's what happened. The Quran spends a while lot of time on Jesus and Christianity, and has an entire chapter devoted to the Romans.

>Yes, that's what he said. And that's what happened. The Quran spends a while lot of time on Jesus and Christianity, and has an entire chapter devoted to the Romans.

Hey now, you're not that much of a brainlet. Just read a book. I believe in you.

Not arguments
>has an entire chapter devoted to the Romans.
It has a sura called the roman but it's not merely about the romans

I go back and kill whatever primitive cave-fuck it was who thought that sticking his dick into a shitty, smelly, hairy asshole was a good idea.

He's actually right. Will you stop being a petulant child?

>hurr i have no argument, better tell you to read a book!

See if the Confederates winning the Civil War causes Anne Frank to get pregnant.

Go back to the Song dynasty of China and start a industrial revolution. The Song had pretty much all the ingredients for starting an industrial revolution, like enough food production to allow people to specialize further and a centrallized nation. An industialized Song would be able to assraped Mongol scum that killed it, and it would mean that world development would basically be moved forward a almost a millennia. As much as I dislike Chinks, you have to admit that they were stupidly ahead of the times for most of their history.

>Not arguments
Neither are wojaks

Speaking of! I'm glad you're still here, since you're hungry for knowledge. I suggest Donner, "Muhammad and the Believers," it shouldn't be too much to work through if you take it slowly.

>honestly suggesting donner as a source

sic semper tyrannus!

Nah fuck you faggot. I like it here, and telling off stupid christards like you never gets old. Go spam a few more threads about how awesome it is to worship a chump who got nailed to some wood, died and had his corpse dumped in a rubbish pile.

>Professor of Near Eastern History at UChicago
I guess I am. Sorry, I couldn't find much for below high school reading comprehension.

implying abrahamic religions aren't just derivatives of Atenism

>professer of near eastern history
>university of chicago
user...

>Relevant expertise
>Prestigious history department
Yes lad, what is it?

>ITT everybody goes back so far in time what modern day reality would be like is completely unpredictable.

Introduce Smallpox and Salmonella to Mesoamerica and the Andes prior to the Spanish arriving, that way there's existing immunizes. Both regions can now effective fight off European colonialism at least for their larger, more powerful political states, meaning that Latin america doesn't become an utter shithole due to that, and all of our records for those region's hitories and cultures are left intact and can be just as much an influence in modern culture as ancient europe and asia are.

Europe and Asia is likely mostly unaltered as the result of this, and America should more or less end up the same as well, with maybe the southeast looking at bit different in terms of borders. It'd pretty much just be the future we live in with less of the world being shitholes and less history being lost, and people being more aware of and appericative of certain parts of history

>relevant expertise
>pretigious history department
you cant be serious

Are you mentally challenged?

Don't have to be serious. You ran out of arguments a while back and I'm just humoring you. Don't want you unleashing that tard-rage. But I'm all ears if you did want to get serious.

so no argument then?
looks like i won

Participation trophies are always nice.

>Go back in time and change one thing
>to create the best alternate history.

Moses basket sinks in Nile

This.

>you ran out of arguments
go back and read my first post bud

About when you lost, yeah.

There's no real proof for this hypothesis though. That said: All of Akhenaten(or however the fuck is stupid name is spelled)'s followers are killed after he dies with none of them fleeing to set up shop elsewhere. There, abrahamic monotheism still eradicated.

>you lost

Warn Varus about Arminius’ betrayal, crush his army, and Romanize Germania

Central Powers victory in early 1914; Europe doesn't hobble itself the Middle East doesn't turn to shit, Central Europe is unified, the Balkans are calmed, no communist revolutions, and no fascism.

But no, invade Belgium instead.

Make dinosaurs never go extinct

That's not alternate HISTORY, retard.
Anything before writing is PRE-history.
And anything before humans does not even belong here.

The absolute state of this board.

all the followers weren't killed tho his measures lasted til his famous son who reversed them and brought back the Egyptian pantheon, if Tutankhamun had to reverse them during his own reign how could they have been purged following Aten's death?

No no no, I know that they weren't all killed in reality. I'm saying what I would change assuming the hypothesis that abrahamic religion came from atenism is that I would have all the followers and priests of that faith be killed off so that they couldn't get Judaism started up. That would in turn make sure that there would be no christianity and no islam.

Alexander dies from AIDS a few years earlier, in exactly 335 BCE. The world is now a vastly better place.

Obviously the Dinosaurs develop writing under Troodon-descendants, moron. Dinosaurs get to write history 50 million years earlier, so it is an alternate history.

>dinosaurs didn't record histo...

Fredrick III of Germany lives longer
Phillip II of Macedon doesn't get assassinated

How?

>from AIDS
But AIDS didn't even exi... Oh user...

>Early 1770's
>Print every Wikipedia article on the American Revolution and give them to the Brits

>implying that wouldn't kill off most of the native population before the spanish arrive

Kill Muhammad before he starts his cult

sure, nobody like the nation of islam, but he was a darned good boxer/poet, I wouldn't kill the guy for that

No it wasn't. It was some idiot who copied Judaism, Christianity, and made a few adjustments. Mohammad couldn't even convert his family. So he started using force.

>the German empire doesn't reinstate indiscriminate submarine warfare
>The world is now syndicalist

Franz didn't get killed

>not annexing belgium

/thread

>Phillip II of Macedon doesn't get assassinated
Notable men, including Caesar, would be weeping over the history of Philip and not Alex mcbrat riding his daddy's coattails. People put Alexander on a pedestal when his father would have very easily accomplished the same things, and he's the one who started it all. His achievements would be doubly impressive had he lived on.

Go back to 1913 and stop the martians from ever invading.

Byzantines win Yarmouk.

Are you sure that's a good idea?

No 1929 crisis. EZ.

>But no, invade Belgium instead.
>not invading Belgium leads to a Central powers victory
The fuck is this?

he would have been killed a month later if his assassination was stopped, majorians planned reforms were very drastic and despite its necessity, it made many enemies. the attempted killings would just keep coming.

Goddammit I want my realistic, gorier version of Jurassic Park. I want to see Amerifat tourists laughing at Turkey-like feathered velociraptors only to end up getting their spleens eaten by them in the second half of the movie.

Make it happen Hollywood. Enough with the fantasy dino bullshit.

Great job Idiot
Now this fucker takes over all of Europe

If that pic happens it's a good idea

>stop the martians invading
>humanity doesn't end up uniting against the aliens
>they never learn from their ordeal and close shave with total extinction
>they never form a patchwork of peaceful cooperative democracies that respect individual liberty, all with a national focus on advancing science and going to the stars to ensure they are strong enough to resist whatever else is out there
>humans just end up killing each other in an even more brutal and destructive series of wars then degenerate into lethargic hedonistic neurotic societies that easily yield to hopelessly corrupt authority figures that conjur up nonissues out of thin air to distract them from real issues and promise them sweet nothings

Y U C K

Stop the Soviets from invading Afghanistan. There would be no power vacuum that ends with the Taliban taking over and they wouldn't have any American weapons. That would mean no more terrorist groups.

>bludgeon Hannibal to death with a fish
fuck that guy and his elephant fetish

Give Alexander the Great atom bombs and antibiotics.

Pop up around 7th century.

Travel to new world, give them horses, teach them to mine, farm, and all that. In 1,000 years these new civilizations will be strong enough to resist Europeans.

Then travel to Arabia and Kill Muhammad.

Then travel to Byzantine and work to restore the Roman Empire.

They weren't Romanized at all. There were some Jews and Christians, but they weren't the majority. It was from them that Muhammad got his ideas. But he didn't take any of the Roman or Greek philosophy or anything else, so it was a really shitty backwards copy of Judaism instead of the more forward thinking and flexible Hellenic style favored by people like Hillel.

Romans weren't technologically stagnant, they were pretty much on par with everyone else at the time. If anything, the collapse of the Roman Empire slowed technological development significantly as it impoverished Europe for 600 years.

A big change to Romans to improve them would be to:

>Give them Indian-Arabic numbers

This makes math WAY easier, and it allows for more complex high end math. Try doing Calculus with Roman Numerals.

>give them potatoes, and other new world food

Huge impact on diet.

>Germ theory of disease

Many accepted atoms, so viruses and germs isn't a huge stretch. Even with their technology, plagues and others could be significantly reduced through just quarantining and other measures.

>Variolation

A primitive form of vaccination, and is entirely possible in the ancient world.

Stop Eve from eating the damn apple

would ancient cities ever be sparkling and clean? I always imagined the buildings would be poorly maintained and thered' be shit everywhere

Stop G*rmanoid savages from conquering Sorbia.

pic related