Did your dad introduce you to the Veeky Forums lifestyle?

Did your dad introduce you to the Veeky Forums lifestyle?

My dad walked out before I was born.

He decided to try and walk back into my life when I was 25. Made a couple of shitty efforts to forge a relationship then started being an emo little faggot when I didn't suddenly start being the one to put all the effort in.

I'm glad he left before I was born because it turns out he, his father, and his grandad all suffer from suicidal depression. Which is interesting in that it shows its more nurture than genetic, because I have never been remotely depressed.

Yeah, my dad used to work out everyday.

He literally died smoking and eating his way to an early grave.

Stress and a desk job with no exercise are worse than shooting up heroin.

Nah the army got me fit. I'm flipping the power lifting vs triathlon coin right now.

never knew my dad! just got sick of getting fat.

My dad didn't introduce me to anything.

He is retired now but he just worked all the time, and when he was home he was doing his own thing.

We don't talk or anything really unless we bump into each other and even then it's just anything you'd say to a co-worker you don't really know or care to know.

I get kind of emotional when I see other guys having good strong alpha relationships with their fathers, makes me feel like my dad is a shit cunt in terms of the father-son relationship, because really there was none.

My parents are still married over 35 years. My mum says my dads father was a full on tyrant with my dad. I guess my dad was trying to avoid being like him, but he didn't actually know how to be a good father, so he just sort of didn't do anything or bother us as his way of trying to not be like his father, so instead of being tyrannical he was just sort of non-existent, but around.

I feel like shit fathers breed shit fathers, which means I'll probably be a really shit father because I have no idea how the male/male, father/son relationship is supposed to work.

>army
>fit
you cucked yourself, top kekkington

My mom did, actually.
>be 11
>fat as fuck
>grandma dies
>year passes
>be 12
>5'7" 187lb
>move out of grampa's and in with mom
>never really worked out before
>within a week of moving, start running
>doing 3 mile """runs"""
>eventually drop to 135lb in about 6 months

Thank you momma.

>army
>fit
for now. do everything you possibly fuckin can to maintain your knees.

I didn't meet my Dad until I was 20. He isn't a bad person, but he did get mixed up in drugs and became homeless after my mother divorced him and took his kids away.

He isn't fit, but he's a handyman so he has those big forearms that rough necks tend to have.

Dont sweat it, notice how your dad did better than his father. You will do the same user, youll be the guy that turns it around. You already know this

My dad introduce me to blame everyone else 5x5, drink soda drinks 1x3 and do nothing else xf. Also he is mine gains goblin with my mom.

Sure did.
It was some shitty dumbbell bro split stuff (Arm day, chest day, shoulder day, no back or legs) but it was better than nothing.
He taught me the basics, and by the time I hit the weight room in high school I as able to keep pace with the jocks in most of my lifts.
I gave it up after a lack of progress and other distractions, but got Veeky Forums got me into proper barbell routines when I turned 23.
Still owe thanks to the old guy for teaching me about being kinda stronk

No... My dad played guard on his college football team, but is now in his 60s and has basically turned to shit physically. It was the Army that taught me about fitness and the importance of a disciplined sorry and exercise regime.

My uncle did.
My father was a playboy and abandoned us when I was 3. He was slim, but not fit.

Just think of what you would want a good father to be, and be that.
My dad was around but he was only a good weekend dad. He did absolutely shitty when it came to being a fulltime parent and I learned that I didn't want to be like him.
So I've decided to be the parent I've always wanted to see, and have done pretty well with two kids so far

In a way, yeah. By never working out, eating shit, smoking 1.5 packs a day and having 3 heart attacks (one culminating in a month long coma from which the doctors didn't expect him to emerge) prior to the age of 60. Not too different than his father or the father before.

Fuck that. That won't be me. I'll break the mold or die trying.

Does this mean you're deciding whether to permabulk or be athletic?

You already kow how to make it better. Just dont force shit on to your son, and mistakes have to be Made to make progress. Dont fry your kids over everything unless you want others/ yourself to controll them

Pic related, my uncle.

The edge

his kid looks like a fucking doll, is it ok?

yep, I wanna powerlift but triathlethon is better for career PT tests and Ranger/Air assault stuff

i fukin edge over pictures of ur mum mate

Not the case. The past is dead. Turn it around and make the future

my dad is a fat fuck after two heart attacks, I'm doing my best to not be like him

why is it that most men in the age of our fathers (I'm guessing 50-60) are fucking fat slobs or unhealthy skinnyfats? Does the same future wait for us? Does marriage and having kids take away your will to live?

My dad and mom are both in their fifties and still do triathalons regularly, i think we all made a silent pact to stop being fat like 10 years ago and we've done well

We can do it user

Let's slay the dragon and save our fathers

Both my mom and dad kept in nice shape in their 30's and 40's. I always remember my dad lifting his 40 lb. dumbbells when I was little. Now my mom only has a few pounds on but my dad works a stressful job and eats tons of carbs and saturated foods because he's always tired and anxious so he's now 220lbs. at around 6'1, but some of it's muscle.

He's trying to cut calories, but he grew up with a family who made him eat everything on his plate so he has a big appetite. He's doing his best, but he has a idgaf attitude and disregards what people tell him but loves to listen to MSN articles. Our family is prone to heart issues and he plans on working past 64 and I'm afraid he's going to go downhill in these next 5 years. I'm hoping my weight loss will inspire him, but my brother is a malnourished vegan and might be turning him off from the whole calorie cutting idea.

Miran the mustache and hairy calves

My dad fucked off when I was 2. Probably why I feel the need to be stronger than everyone.

my dad is a misreablae nihillistc mass of negative energy that has never maintained his body in his whole life.

my dad never lifted as far as i know he worked hard his whole life and still does in his 60s

but i had a friend when i was young he was in great shape and he lifted and that motivated me to do the same. it has been years since then but that motivation has always stuck with me.

My dad convinced me that lifting would stunt my growth so i didn't start lifting until 24

yeah, basically. after around age 45-50 the toll of being a married working dude will take its effects and you suddenly won't give a fuck about being "aesthetic" or "mired" anymore

you can pretend all you want, by that age like 98% of married people with families don't give much of a fuck because they know no matter what they still have to work until they die in the same boring routine and probably aren't looking to get laid

Any user ever talk to their dad about them being overweight? My dad is looking like he's well over 300lbs, eats like shit, but insists he's "trying". I love my dad and want him to be around as long as possible but how do I tell the guy who used to tell me and got me to get my shit together that now HE has to get his shit together without upsetting him?

My dad lifted when he was young, mostly benching, ohp and curls
Manlet but still retains that thicc dad mode in his 50's

He's going to get upset no matter what. He'll think about what you say to him after the fact. Don't be a douche and also let him save face and he'll think about it when he's alone next.

Jesus why do you all have such terrible relationships with your fathers?

I feel like I'm seeing a trend on Veeky Forums. Anyways, my dad played football in college and didn't want us lifting until we were done growing. He forced us to play sports which was good because it kept us fit, but he didn't introduce me to lifting. I'd probably be a turbomanlet if I had started lifting early so I thank him for that. He's also a doctor so he knew what was best for our health.

>the Veeky Forums lifestyle?

What the fuck does this even mean? There's a /fit lifestyle? Eat clean and lift heavy. That's all there is to it. That's not a lifestyle!

Yes both my parents actually, everyone in my family has always ate like crazy. One day my parents looked at each other getting, then looked at the fat kid next to them and said "we have to do something" so they signed us all up for a membership in the local gym.
It is all thanks to that decision that I learned to love working out

>believing the old wives tale that lifting stunts growth
Sure buddy, lifting weights exerts so much extra gravity on your bones that they don't grow as much

Its a baby

Hip look in 1973

t. 5'7"

Kind of. He introduced me into old kung fu movies and stuff like Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and such stuff. We still watch the drunken master movies from time to time.

>tfw father was a mlb player in great shape
>tfw im a fatfuck but have good genetics

Im losing weight, seeing my father at my age with his physique gives me hope.

When he was preparing for spring training he would bike to the gym which was 13 milles, lift for hours and do more cardio and then bike back.

My dad went to the gym religiously for like 20 years. Was always builtfat mode but was strong as fuck. But he never tried to get me to work out or play any sports they just let me enjoy my video games and books. On one hand I'm glad my parents didn't force anything on me and let me do my own thing but I kind of wish they'd been more demanding.

Jesus dude. Your dad was an MLB player and you're fat? You owe it to him to AT LEAST be in shape.

My dad didn't introduce me to a Veeky Forums lifestyle. We went golfing a handful of times back in JH and HS but I had to beg to go.

I hated him from the age of 13 for a long time

He preferred drinking to spending time with the family. He taught me almost nothing.

I hope I get a be a father one day, but I'm afraid I won't be a good one. There was a lot I did learn from him, for good and bad.

More numbness than feels from writing this.

He did what he could, he played football and soccer in high school. He always expected me to stay in shape and would make it fun by playing with me. We would race and play ball.. but then he was diagnosed with cancer when I was 9 and died when I turned 11. I miss him so much. I have a lot of motivation to surpass him in everything he did because he told me that was his wish for me on his death bed. I just wish he could see these gains I've made

I feel like I understand Arnold's kid. :(

My father introduced me to fitness and when I was younger I was in decent shape but he was such a hardass about it that I became demotivated for awhile like I would never measure up. Now I dont care much about what other people think so I lift and eat better for myself.

No, my dad is one of those "all you need is two dumbells and a run around the block" types. I never had a prayer with that kind of style or attitude. The gym changed my life though.

hell no he didn't

no padre in me life
me just go gym on own :(
despacito

My old man used to play Rugby and pretty fit. I was the product of his second marriage, after his first wife went nuts. Literally nuts, committed to a hospital in her late twenties. The stories my half-sisters tell me about her beggar belief.

Most stoic and forgiving motherfucker I ever met and I love him. Raised us and my stepsisters without an atom of bitterness over it, but past 40 he got fat and out of shape. Took us around the world, and did all kinds of interesting things, and speaks 3 languages. Lost his dad, and two uncles in the second world war and raised in absolute poverty in Britain.

In his late fifties, he had a lot of diabetes health problems that stressed out my healthy as fuck mother, and all of that. It's sad, but I find its always easy for a bunch of 18 year old fitizens to say what they'll be like fifty years from now. But life takes it toll on even the strongest of men, so I can't judge him too harshly. All 5 of his kids are doing great, and are moral upstanding contributing members of Canadian society.

Motivated me to never put my kids through that so I live and breath the fit lifestyle as best I can. I lost some gains recently with two kids under 3, but I'll get em back. If I am half the man my dad was, I will die proud.

I was lucky.

My dad was a fat smoker so I didn't take my parents trying to force me to exercise seriously. He's fit now but I'm still fat.

My Dad is ex military and was quite high up before he retired. Fought in Falklands, Bosnia, Yugoslavia and the Gulf Wars. Very sporty man, and encouraged me to engage as well. Downsides is that he smokes like a chimney, but he's one of those lucky few who seem to be totally unaffected by its negative sides. I'm very grateful for the role my Dad played in my life, even if he isn't perfect.

yeah, my dad was into bodybuilding and powerlifting back in his teens and twenties. he was always very encouraging of weightlifting, I just wish I had listened to him the first time.

My granddad and dad were both into lifting, so my dad got me into it when i was 17
sorry for shit pic but it's my dad (left, age 40ish) and grandad (right, age 60ish). Pic is from 17 years ago and dad still looks great today at 57

bruh there's no way both of them weren't bangin sloots on the side, look at those ottermode motherfuckers.

you probably have a few brothers/sisters out there you don't know about

lol I actually have a brother and a sister in France(i think) from when my dad was over there while in the Army back in the 80's.

No, my brother did.
My dad tried to discourage us every step of the way though.
I'd say I got fit in spite of my father.

My father was an inspiration to play sports, and to follow in his lead I tried to play rugby like him in my younger years, so in a sense I suppose he put me in the right direction.

After he and my mother divorced he chose alcohol over me, and as a return I quit sports. I became lazy and overweight, and that is what I like to think ultimately led me to my lifestyle now. I found the motivation, lost the weight and went on the road to making it.

what do you look like senpai? My old man has always been a lazy fat fuck. feelsbadman.jpg

amen dude, dad is a lifetime smoker, broke loser, lives under my roof. I walk by every now and then at like 3 or 4 in the morning and just hear him cough. fucker has nothing.