whatthehealthfilm.com/facts/
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(12)61766-8/fulltext
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why can't we all just boobs?

those are some nice blippers

same user :(

>listening to this propaganda like it's gospel

>black or white thinking

thats like eating your whole life worst quality bread and say bread is bad.

did you ever taste a wild caught prey?

industrialized animal farming is not only bad for the animals but also humans.

but please dont put everything into the same sack.

quality meat is a luxury product not everyone has access to.

It's like most of people accept every bullshit they get served these days.

kek'd at the supplements

Funny how a piece of culture can suddenly be so ubiquitous. Suddenly, I hear my friend, who isn't even vegan, say shit to me like "the needless suffering of animals" and "we're not made to eat meat, that's why we have to cook it". I'm now reading this shit on Veeky Forums and jewtube, and for the last few weeks, coinciding with the release of this documentary. Everyone has a Netflix subscription, and everyone binge watches shows on demand now, so there's they've already seen everything Netflix has to offer. When Netflix launches new content, people watch it, and everyone talks about it. Everyone was talking about "Stranger Things" a few months ago and they were talking about "Orange is the new Black" before that. Now that vegan propaganda has taken center stage, it's being consumed by every brain dead moron with a Netflix subscription, easily swayed by the emotional pleas and imagery. I'm not saying whether the information in the documentary is true or not, but it's just remarkable what a cultural phenomena this has become.

Watch Earthlings if you want true vegan kino

For me it helped turn it over, I already knew we didn't need 1-2 grams of protein per lb of body weight from experience, I've made roid like gains eating a shit ton of carbs and not that much protein. Where pure protein I gained average.

One prob i had was I thought I need meat for gains. That thought and it's lack of proof are starting to show itself. It's easier to do with meat (less volume of food intake needed), but it's cleaner and just as achievable without.

When they showed where the money goes, kikery was exposed. (All major health outlets sponsored by meat and dairy corporations) That was the use of the film making the next step for me. I was already there. Otherwise I wholeheartedly agree with you.

>who isn't even vegan, say shit to me like "the needless suffering of animals" and "we're not made to eat meat, that's why we have to cook it".
There's nothing more annoying. I had a friend who started bitching about hunting one day. No idea why. He's not a vegan or even a vegetarian. Dumb halfbreed asshole. I think he was bitching about how hunters think they're badass posting pictures posing with dead animals. At least hunters openly show you what a dead animal looks like...

They are free to think for themselves. If they fail to internalize the message, they'll forget it in a week or 2.
Besides, if people actually stick with it, I believe we'll have a better world because of it.

So you come on here talking shit about your friend behind his back? Real tough.

Hunting humans is more deserving than hunting animals, unless it's crocodiles, literal dinosaurs. too many of them.

>When they showed where the money goes, kikery was exposed.

Yeah this is always something that makes me pause. There is definite kikery surrounding the meat and dairy industry, but also tons of kikery surrounding the grain/corn industries, I mean just look at (((monsanto))).

Robb Wolf did a pretty good takedown of the movie,

robbwolf.com/2017/07/03/what-the-health-a-wolfs-eye-review/

but don't get me wrong, I am suspicious of paleo advocates as well. Science has been jewed on all sides, so you can't even trust original studies. Even when scientists disclose conflicts of interest, there are ways to get around it or make a disclosure seem unimportant. e.g. Coke can fund studies through a nonprofit, give it a harmless sounding name ("Institute for Science-Backed Nutrition" or some shit), and then the only way you can figure out if a study is kiked is to spend a long time researching a particular funding body.

The movie itself has conflicts of interests, the main backers and producers of the movie are animal rights activists or vegan activists. It rustles me because I really want to know what the fuck the truth is, as much as I like the taste of meat I have no ideological attachment to it and am willing to try whatever diet is optimal for health AND lets me keep my gains.

Until then I'll stick to just avoiding processed foods, eat as much veg as I can alongside unprocessed meat and whey.

Try experimentering with your body then. Try for example a three month meat and dairy eating diet (while still exercising eating clean with veggies etc) and a 3 month whole food diet and take blodtests to see the difference.

>Pretty good takedown

Good in what way? Skimming through the beginning of the article, he's already defending processed meats by saying "it's not THAT bad"

>Good in what way? Skimming through the beginning of the article, he's already defending processed meats by saying "it's not THAT bad"

Thorough. Like I already said, I am suspicious of paleo people too but I haven't found many other critiques of WTH. And also like I said, I avoid processed food because it's AIDS.

Am I the only one who does not own a tv

This

Valid criticism. The movie makes processed meat out to be an instant death sentence

Whoever edited this photo ruined that cat's eyes.

If you bothered to watch the movie, you would understand how ironic your statement is.

Im not a vegetarian for animal right reasons, i stopped eating meat for health reasons. And although im not some shill for the movie, im happy that more and more of these Docs are getting the exposure.

People dont like accepting the facts that big pharma and Big food industries have vested interests in keeping you sick, and slowly killing you with cheap, processed foods.

The movie rightly talks about processed meat being unhealthy. The defense in that article is one I've seen on this board of "it's just 1% absolute risk." No, that's a 1% increase in colon cancer risk for every 50g you eat, ignoring every other health consequence of processed meat. When you start defending bacon and hot dogs, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to criticize.

They interpret processed meat to be the same as cigarettes, asbestos and plutonium and pretend strength of scientific evidence is the same thing as effect size. Have fun continuing to be a basement dwelling anti-social retard because sunlight is a group 1 carcinogen.

>eat 5kg of meat
>instantly get cancer

In some ways, it is. It's a definite cause of at least colon cancer, and it can cause a big increase in risk if you eat a diet high in it. If your baseline risk of colon cancer is 1 out of 20 (5%) then eating 50g (less than 2 ounces) each day bumps that up to about 1 in 17. 100g bumps that up to 1 in 14. 150g, 1 in 12, etc. On an individual level, that's terrible. On a population level, that's massive. And that's just one health effect. Cigarettes cause a much bigger relative increase, but that's at least in part because they compare non-smokers to people who smoke a pack a day. At levels of intake that would be considered normal, processed meats hugely increase cancer risk. The same numbers apply for red meat per 100g.

It's not that hyperbolous of a comparison, and not something to criticize the film for.

vizhub.healthdata.org/gbd-compare/

Here is who gbd data for processed meat and smoking at typical levels of consumption and their contribution to cancers.

One part of something being comparable to another isn't the same thing as equality. Mental gymnastics and word games not in the movie is not an argument - I can pretend earth is flat with a coordinate transform too. Leaving such trivial shit out like that is a defining synonym of amateurism and puffery, especially when target viewers are netflix drones.

That's not data on the typical levels of consumption, that's the contribution of various diet and lifestyle factors to total cancer incidence worldwide. When you factor in that in many parts of the world processed meats aren't even available or are rarely if ever eaten, smoking is a major tradition in many cultures, it means nothing. No shit smoking causes much more cancer. Suicide causes less death than heart disease worldwide, does that mean shooting yourself in the head isn't that dangerous?

people these days are very good at explaining things they don't understand. diet is one of these things

Been vegan for 7 years and it was the best decision of my life. Always wanted to share that with people but the second I opened my mouth they started harassing me. Absolutely loving how many new vegans there are after Okja and What The Health aired. Thank you Netflix. It's such a relief being able to talk about it now without people trying to bully me into shutting up. People are starting to be more open minded.

What is this movie about?

>why do we have a long intestine if we're not meant to eat meat

Why do we have an appendix that does nothing?

Why do we have a tail bone?

Both of these are remnants of ancestors, who used to eat plant matter, but no longer need and appendix or tail. Likewise are intesitines have been evolving to get shorter, as our brains got bigger, and we have clearly evolved into omnivores

>That's not data on the typical levels of consumption, that's the contribution of various diet and lifestyle factors to total cancer incidence worldwide. When you factor in that in many parts of the world processed meats aren't even available or are rarely if ever eaten, smoking is a major tradition in many cultures, it means nothing. No shit smoking causes much more cancer.
Here's the epitome of industrialized nations with readily available access to processed meat.

>Suicide causes less death than heart disease worldwide, does that mean shooting yourself in the head isn't that dangerous?
Your replies are becoming more and more repetitive and more and more indistinguishable from bait. That suicide and fatal heart attack are lethal is well understood and appreciated. The quantification 'suicide=heart disease' is both wrong and incoherent gibberish under conventional definition of those terms.

youtube.com/watch?v=FXjB-5-uzuw

watch this then return to the thread

thescienceofnutrition.wordpress.com/tag/teicholz/

whatthehealthfilm.com/facts/

Again, smoking is much more ubiquitous and the amount that people smoke is far more than the amount of processed meat people eat. The link between smoking and lung cancer is also not confounded by dozens of other factors like obesity, other dietary components, and micronutrient intakes. Notice secondhand smoke doesn't even get a data plot.

> That suicide and fatal heart attack are lethal is well understood and appreciated.

As are smoking and processed meat causing cancer. My point with that was that you're bringing up the overall contribution to cancer by these things, and because smoking contributes to more cases of cancer, you think processed meats aren't comparably dangerous to an individual. That's not an argument you can make with that kind of data.

you watched the whole thing in 4 minutes? woah... its got nothing to do with her book

First it was normal intake levels, then it was cultural and developmental factors, now it's a declaration that it's a non-independent risk factor and a red herring about an irrelevant datapoint. Those goalposts man, they just keep getting further and further away....

>smoking is much more ubiquitous and the amount that people smoke is far more than the amount of processed meat people eat
You openly admit they contribute differently at normal intake levels?

>The link between smoking and lung cancer is also not confounded by dozens of other factors like obesity, other dietary components, and micronutrient intakes.
WHO global burden of disease studies are about adjusted as can be. The methodology is here
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(12)61766-8/fulltext
You could apply the same criticism to who’s classification of processed meat or in fact anything dietetic brought up in the documentary also. Nice kettle logic there.

>Notice secondhand smoke doesn't even get a data plot.
Public policy has largely ameliorated shs exposure but you sound like you fell for the smear campaigns the anti-smoking lobby runs that love to overinflate risk regardless.

>My point with that was that you're bringing up the overall contribution to cancer by these things, and because smoking contributes to more cases of cancer, you think processed meats aren't comparably dangerous to an individual. That's not an argument you can make with that kind of data.
They are not equal. Nobody ever said they are not comparable. Dog shit is comparable to transistor radio. There is no colloquial between-the-lines comparison, other than the strength of evidence for their carcinogenicity being the same, so specifying one requires additional assumptions that are not provided in the movie.

>They are not equal

Where was it argued by anyone that they were equal? Someone thought it was unfair that they didn't ignore the fact that processed meats cause cancer, and that they were compared to cigarettes. Each serving of processed meat raises absolute colon cancer risk about 1%. How much does 1 cigarette raise your lung cancer risk?

You eat tonight 5 Kg of meat.
We Need proof.
>for science

>watch the movie last week
>they get the opinions of physios and nutritionists
>some fat fuck nigger claims systemic racism because the US government promotes the consumption of dairy and most niggers cant process dairy so therefore racism
>complete vegan echochamber that looks at zero other points of view
>host is a complete beta

>clearly
ok! fuck cancer
People are fatter then ever before
>yeah that a very bad Thing!
You mean that has nothing to do with what we eat and if we evolve to eat those stuff?

Im not vegan, but im not dumb either (atleast believe so)

Shutup, faggot.

>he doesn't have free healthcare, meaning the gov't is 100% committed to keeping you healthy to save them money
JUST

He was probably talking about hunters who kill for sport. Not sure myself whether they give the animal over to someone so it can be eaten later though.

No he was talking about all hunting. I told him people have to hunt for the ecosystem to stay in balance and he told me "nuh uh if you left the animals alone they'd balance it themselves!"

Why am I not surprised that someone willing to defend a movie anti-intellectual enough to include anecdotes of curing thyroid cancer with diet has illiteracy and/or memory loss?

I watched that shit yesterday and my patience finally snapped when the black guy said that milk is racist. I am mulatto myself but racist milk? Nobody forces you to drink it. That "documentary" is cheap and blatant propaganda. Today I found out that Steve o is in it as well, so what do we learn from that? First bill nye now this. Netflix is getting worse and worse.