Short term progress thread

So tell me how its going, any news ? Any PRs? Training going well?
>been doing wide stance box squats lately
>better drive off the floor
>hit deadlift pr today
>recorded footage
>see some upper back rounding

Very well then. Rack pulls,bent over rows and shrugs it is.
5 pl8 diddlydoo soon friends
God bless Chris Duffin because he really knows his shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E
youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good job friendo. I'm wanting a 600lb deadlift sometime in the next few months, without going over 200lb bw.. Got 585 a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, upper back rounding isn't really anything to worry about, its not dangerous.

yep

but its a loss of performance
im confident more upper back strength will lead to stronger and safer pull.

When i lockout and i can "reposition" my back the descent is text book perfect but i lose the upper back tightness just afterbreaking the bar off the floor.

youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E
adding the all time classic video
if you havent seen it boys you need to fix it now

Also
>lat cramp
>adductor cramps

oy vey

nice pull, how long lifting?

6 years :|

>do deadlifts
>doggo is running around you
>you can't put barbell down because it would kill the doggo
what would YOU do

neat, natty?
Making great deadlift takes many years familia.
Im lifting for almost a year but i have some pretty good dl leverages.
Unfortunately my bench is fucking ass (cant even press bodyweight) and my squats arent that good either (3pl8 for single havent tried more yet)

i had that once
>home gym
>doing squats
>dog comes and licks my leg

i learned the lesson that day and i close the doors to garage

>squats
I was doing pullups and doggo just stood there under me. Had to do an awkward jump to not hurt it

>wide stance box squats

ah, yes. the trademark of a little bitch boy who fears ROM.

Been traveling the last three months w/o access to a gym or kitchen (mainly just vagabonding from place to place) and I've done a ton of bodyweight workouts! Combined that with the intermittent fasting meme and it worked.

i was doing them specifically to strengthen my sumo deadlift off the floor

guess what
it worked

Im not a powerlifter i couldnt care less about squats or benching
but i fucking love deadlifting

>tfw failed 92.5kg squat again
>not catastrophically this time
>but I cheated reps (didn't even go to parallel for a lot of them)

I honestly don't get it lads.

I got back from my parent's on Saturday. I went to the gym on Sunday and I shat out 100kg Deadlift, 90kg Squats, hit my OHP. I did it EASILY, like I had been before.

Then suddenly, come tuesday, despite getting my diet back on track from visiting my parents, I can BARELY FUCKING CLIMB OUT THE HOLE when squatting 92.5kg. I fucking drop like a sack of shit when I go down for the 5th rep in my third set. I then can only do 2 reps in my 4th set before the same happens again.

And then for didly, I could only do 4 lots of 102.5... Despite shitting out fucking 100 before and despite add 5kg per session every time before this.

Today, again, I failed on my 5th rep in the 2nd set, but got so pissed I ended up doing 5 reps for each other set, so at least I completed them this time, but FUCK.

I honestly don't understand it. I actually feel like I can#t even do 90kg squats now. It feels like i've gotten weaker.

Genuinely confused lads. My sleep's as it always has been. My diet is the same; my TDEE is supposedly 3000 kcal and I make sure to eat around 3500 kcal per day.

I've already had to deload for Squats before, at 80kg. I don't want to have to do it again.

do NOT cheat at squats or deadlifts unless you really know what you are doing

(you dont)

I bet my left nut that your form is fucking shit, and theres barely any control over what you are doing, therefore your performance is all over the place.
Drop down the weight. Watch this video.
Learn the cues (warmup, screwing feet into ground, correct bracing, hip drive)

youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw

what helped my form the most is unironically goblet squats, with respect of cues mentioned above, really reaching into the hole and pausing at the bottom, changing to low bar from high bar (which was very uncomfortable at first due to tight pecs and some left arm issue)

That is if you are sure the recovery is good enough.

>sumo deadlift
>implying this isn't an even bigger trademark of a little bitch boy

2 for 2, squirt. it just keeps getting better LMFAO.

I benched 250 lbs for 4 reps yesterday at a BW of 190. Still feel dyel. Trying to get to a 1RM of 275 for now and 300 after that, wish me luck bros

2 plate incline bench for reps

4 plate conventional deadlift for reps

I'm pretty much content with the above stats. You could work out the rest of my lifts with those numbers.

Since I'm content with my strength and muscle mass my only goal right now is to maintain this while getting down to 10% bodyfat.

Honestly, my form is normally fine. I've seen that video before. I don't have a video but I'll try to get one next time. 80kg? Fine. When I first did 90? Fine. Since doing 92.5? Shit. I Might just spend next session recording my form at different squat weights, only doing a few reps.

t. dyel that doesnt even know difference
i deadlift exactly the same weight conventional and sumo

im 6'2 lanklet.

you also post into different thread and call others bitchboys, stop making fool of yourself because its pretty damn shamefull
go be a retard on some different board when posting haha xd randumb animeme reaction pics is "cool"

form is fine for most people until they post video.
Then you see shit like knees caving in, good mornings like motherfuck, not even reaching parallel and horrible bar path

Don't be ashamed of 6 years man, I havent made as much progress as I would have liked in 2. The fact that you're approaching 600 is impressive.

Hit 20kg chins for 5 today. Happy with myself.

Why do you keep posting yourself and not responding to people who comment.

>doing weighted chinups
>weight approaching 1rm
>go up and do very slow negative
>only thing that is sore next day is core, no lats ever

i know soreness doest really mean progress but
idk, i try to get my back as engaged as possible and lean back but for some reason after deadlifting i can feel my lats being on fire and chinups not so much
>inb4 bitchboy retard tells me to do pullups instead

> be in a cheap ass gym
> 110 kg bench maxrep try
> fucking bench tilts backwards because of the weight, and my spotter stepping up on that little spottingpodium
>luckily i pushed like a madman and i was able to rerack that shit

wtf i could have died with my neck being crushed by a 110kg bar

> tfw your country doesn't have punitive damages

anyway 110kg PR after 9 months of training

im trying my hardest to imagine the situation but i honestly cant

anyways
id row the weight off you my lad

ikr it's crazy
thanks breh, finally the pendlays pay off

Finally back to a regular schedule after annihilating my knee and barely moving for afew months

Wew.

Will take video next time at a weight I should be able to control to confirm. Cheers, i've been being too confident in my form.

I'm not strong like you user, but I was ~24% bf and 15 weeks later I'm at 15%. Only 10 more weeks of this shit and I finally get to bulk.