50 AD Christians:

50 AD Christians:
>we wuz getting oppressed n shit. They be throwing us to the lions and killing us! Why can't we just meet in the middle and live peacefully with the pagans??

380AD After Christianity takes power in rome:
>*spends 1000 years purging pagans and heretics and burning people on stakes and not generally tolerating anything non catholic*

Explain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JPv6NHNAUhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

power corrupts or some shit, my dude.

Chr*stians are white niggers who adopted filthy Semitic religion, duh.
Oh, and consider yourself checked. Worthy post.

Real Christianity only exists in the powerless, the downtrodden, the worthless. If the world hates you, you are on the right path

If you gain power, you are on Satan's course. Don't be too surprised at the results

Wh*te people started being christian. The Semitic, previously jewish early christians were not a barbaric people.

Congrats, you now realize Europeans are the cancer on the world.

Why does this make Christianity sound like some proto communism?
>real Christianity only exists with the poor oppressed workers and proles
I swear if it weren't for societal advancement people would have thought Marx was divine

>After Christianity takes power in rome

After Catholicism takes power in Rome.

Fixed that for you. Also, daily reminder that Catholics are not Christians, and are actually the enemy of Christianity.

>societal advancement

[citation?]

You want a citation for the common knowledge that more people started to learn to read and write in the century within Marx was born?

>Why does this make Christianity sound like some proto communism?
Because Christianity functionally was a sort of proto-communism.
The common brotherhood of man, among other reformation and progressive ideas, aren't exactly new. Christianity really paved the way for them. People have been setting up hippy communes for-fucking-ever. Christendom just created the theological backdrop necessary to justify it on a wider scale. The pagan religions had no means of justifying that manner of altruism - at least means known to me.

Christcucks are scum

Hey, having a literate ruling elite isn't necessarily a bad thing. Look at what it did to Islam.
Things were breddy alright and stable, then suddenly any nigger can declare himself an Imam. Then you get Wahabi Islam. Granted, the CIA funding helped.
But anyway, the user you're arguing with is going to contend that advancement is subjective anyway, so no point in arguing really.

What are you implying?

>The pagan religions had no means of justifying that manner of altruism

And for good reason, look what happens under forced altruism such as christianity or communism

mass starvation
mass death (daily reminder the church told people to pray and not wash themselves like the pagans did and that's how the black death killed millions)
persecution of free, innocent thought and ideas
inefficient system of production because no competition and no incentive for innovation and improvement (improving your material living conditions is a sin!)
Honestly dropping the whole muh poverty bullshit was the best thing protestants could do

No, I want a citation indicating that it's an advancement.

You're not getting one. Sick my dick you autistic nigger faggot and get fucked.

Catholic priests are not any different than the Pharisees who hated Jesus

>have your whole life revolving around an imaginary sky daddy
>act like a lunatic
What a surprise.

Practically every self proclaimed pastor is a phariseee today. They can all rattle on about how being gay is bad, sex is bad, and so on. All whole like they molest kids, and reside in megachurches with their nice cars. But never once will they look to the spirit of the law and what it means. Tell them Christ commanded people to love each other and they’ll recoil like Jews who lost a penny. Hell, I bet some people still think the parable of the Good Samaritan is some bullshit “Christ saves me” parable.

epic argument

Nietzsche said that Communism couldn’t have happened without Christianity. Christianity is a religion for slaves. Once the king is Christian, the ideology of the leader is no longer the ideology of a leader. This sounds good at face value, but in practice, it is very dangerous.

Why didn't you just ask him to explain, instead of going off on a tangent?

Aye, I agree. It's not an advancement but a coarsening and degradation of society that has taken place over the last few centuries.

>Christianity is a religion for slaves.

Is it opposite day? Christianity is an anti-religion for people who have been freed from all things, including religion.

Not him but how is more people knowing how to read not an advancement

If you hold the catholic faith true than it can be justified. Oppression wouldn't be wrong just because it's oppression but because it's targeted at the truth.

>>Christianity is an anti-religion for people who have been freed from all things, including religion.
The problem is that this wrong, christianity is a religion, specifically it is an abrahamic religion with all that implies.

How is reading an advancement?

Abraham started no religions, you absolute clusterfuck of a human being

When someone tells you everything they know with one response

word

Lad, I...

This conversation reminds me of Alyoshka the Baptist from One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

Really great example, as a Baptist he explains that prison/persecution is essentially a gift for Christians.

Nothing wrong with that

How are they not Christians of they accept Jesus Christ as their savior?

>Muslims have no agency themselves and anything they do is because of the CIA

>the Black Death killed so many people because the church told them not to wash

Going to need a source for that.

>everone forgets catholicism is when the inquisitions and crusades begin
>Christianity spread relatively peacefully before then in it's adopting and spread
>Catholics were reacting to losing 2/3rds of Christendom to muzzie bandits
>they invade middle east
>crusades halt that
>but there weren't enough so the muzzies start invading,pillaging, and enslaving Europeans in Europe

>Be taking part of supplies over to a town you've never been to before to sell at the market
>Signpost at junction says Ambridge one way and Borchester the other
>How will reading help?

Everything you described is just as present in R*manist Church

Humans are hypocrites. What do you expect?

What did you expect from jews

t. never read the Book of Job

not him, but here's a source on Jesus preaching against washing your hands:

Matthew 15 1-3

1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Daily reminder your off-brand Christianity crap isn't Christianity

>Explain

Trade souls for worldly power - spend eternity conscious in solitary confinement for high treason against Pharaoh/Caesar.

That's the contractual agreement between Abrahamics and God.

youtube.com/watch?v=JPv6NHNAUhg

>Why does this make Christianity sound like some proto communism?

"Everyone except Pharoah has a license from God to kill people."

It is bolshevism.

>agree to live peacefully with civilized pagans
>*lives peacefully with civilized pagans*
>Celts, Slavs, Hellenes, Levantines, Armenians, Persians, Iberians, Gauls, Britons, Saxons, and Salian Franks
>N*rd Paganlarp comes and kills pacifists, women, children, and steals anything that isn't nailed down
Hey, at least they weren't burning people as a yearly festival.
>poverty = communism
You retarded m8? That's what commies believe,
Poverty is honorable.
The endless pursuit of wealth and power is for plebs who simply don't understand.