Why is there literally NO actual EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a spinal injury?

Why is there literally NO actual EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a spinal injury?

I'd like to know this too

It is actually interesting.
People act like deadlifts being dangerous is just common knowledge and happens all the time.
Yet there is no direct evidence of a barbell deadlift causing an injury to the spine.

Of course muscular injury happens, but thats no more common than with any other exercise.

I actually snapped my shit up from deadlifts, but yeah, I want scientific evidence

Your back doesn't break that easily. Improper form during deadlifts only WEAKENS your back.

So, you get old and creaky and THEN you throw your back out. And while you might not immediately think of the couple years you spent being a dipshit in the gym and dead-lifting like a retarded crossfitter, I guarantee it's a huge factor.

And as to why there is no studies done on it, it's because it's too hard to get actual results. What are you going to do? Go up to random old folk with hurt backs and ask them "Excuse me sir, did you deadlift with improper form 50 or so years ago"?

And the professionals who we could actually keep a eye on and observe usually have proper form so basically stop reposting this shitty thread before some newfag fucks up his retirement.

Cool cop-out.
>it happens in a way that is not provable

Stop posting this you faggot

THIS IS PASTA. THIS HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE. IGNORE THIS THREAD. THIS IS BAIT.

I'll stop posting it when someone can provide evidence of a barbell deadlift causing spinal injury. Or when people accept that barbell deadlifts do not cause spinal injuries.

Not bait.
Why is there no evidence? I'm dead serious.

DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY POST IN THIS THREAD. OP IS RETARDED.

Why am I retarded?
I'm asking why there is NO EVIDENCE to back up the "common knowledge" that deadlifting is dangerous to the spine.

You are just annoyed that you can't back up your beliefs with evidence and too proud to admit that I might be right.

But I do accept that. That's why I want you to stop posting this.

Well when nobody disputes it I'll stop responding. There's always someone who is so sure of their convictions that they resort instantly to insulting me, rather than taking just a second to think about the fact that they have never actually seen any real evidence of it happening. Just a circle of people "saying" it happens.

Atleast sage when you respond newfag

Why would I sage a legit thread?

Make me :)
Also announcing sage is against the rules

wanna play russian roulette with your spine? have fun.

I have 100% video evidence of deadlifts literally snapping a man's spine in half, but I won't share it because I want people to believe that deadlifts are safe and snap their shit up.

So? Just have good form and stop egolifting to hit bigger weights.

we're all human and we all make mistakes even with light weights

I don't think so, especially since your body does what it was taught to do through repetition. If you perform a movement the same way over and over and over again, it gets ingrained into your automatic motor pattern and you do it the same every time. Why do you think you can shift gears without even thinking about where the next gear is, when you have to engage the clutch and when you can go back on the gas? If you never or very infrequently train good form your form is going to be bad, otherwise form breakdown only happens when you ask your muscles to perform a task they can't perform without breaking down your motor pattern. Just look at powerlifters. Their skill is lifting heavy stuff with good form. A lot of 80-90% reps rpe8-9 with very good form. You know what the most common injury is? Spine? No, rotator cuff overuse from benching. If you practice good movement your movements will be good.

I just do bodyweight deadlifts now. It's not worth the risk

> If you perform a movement the same way over and over and over again
but that's not what's happening at all. in order to effectively build muscle you must progressively overload. this means not only is the movement slightly different each time but you must also constantly be pushing it to a point where it's challenging and difficult. if you don't you will not build any muscle worth speaking of. challenging your muscles ability inherently challenges your ability maintain good form. this makes the nature or a lift like deadlift to be particularly unsafe as a mistake can easily lead to spinal injury.

>Their skill is lifting heavy stuff with good form. A lot of 80-90% reps rpe8-9 with very good form. You know what the most common injury is? Spine? No, rotator cuff overuse from benching. If you practice good movement your movements will be good.
and this just lol. im not sure how you could even quantify such a statistic without being EXTREMELY misleading because
1. injuries aren't very lilely to occur in a meet because of small sample size. bulk of work is done in training. training eliminates the weak links.
2. spinal injuries can take weeks, months or years to manifest themselves and the severity of the same injury can differ greatly from person to person