I'm considering starting to eat a couple eggs a day for breakfast instead of my normal cereal but I need to know...

I'm considering starting to eat a couple eggs a day for breakfast instead of my normal cereal but I need to know, are the yolks bad? I hear conflicting opinions on whether the yolk is healthy or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodtimeline.org/foodeggs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck no yokes are not bad. GET YOKED MOTHER FUCKER.

Yolks have a higher concentration of fat. You should eat them.

>i hear conflicting opinions on a subject
>better go on a forum where everyone can talk out of their ass without any sources and hear even more conflicting opinions

Look I have no idea what I'm doing. I gotta learn at least a bit about the subject

Eat all of the eggs

They're as bad as a pack of cigarettes

Then I've been smoking 8 packs a day for 10 years

If you don't want as much yolk, do what I do. Mix 1 egg with yolk with some eggwhites from a carton and scramble. I actually think it tastes better that way.

Believe me or not, but I actually asked my doctor about this, he said any more than 3 eggs a day and he'd recommend having blood work done six months down the line. 3 or less is totally fine, according to him. Of course doctors are really conservative with their estimates though, so 4 or 5 is probably fine.

Have a shitton of fat, and higher calories. Eating them or not depends on how hard you're cutting.

On cuts I usually do egg whites, or 50/50 whole eggs and Whites. But on a bulk I go whole egg. It's like Whole milk/skim milk/almond milk.

dietary cholesterol isn't bad my niggo, my favorite thing to do with eggs right now is to make a scramble with 150g of shredded chicken and 2-3 whole eggs, around 400 cals and tons of proteins and good fats, if i'm too lazy to shred chicken (i buy them whole and butcher them myself) i use chicken hotdogs, they're pretty good and just have a little bit more fat added to them and like 1 extra carb per hotdog

>Eating them or not depends on how hard you're cutting
So for bulking, they're a "yes", correct?

>no evidence ever has supported this
Any food is bad in abundance, any single food has a negative if eaten too often.
Having 3-4 eggs a day has shown no evidence of long term negatives. It has shown an increase in testosterone.

Provide evidence to fight me bitch nigger.

Research on cholesterol's impact on health swings like a pendulum and has been since the 80s. There's evidence to suggest it's bad, there's evidence to suggest it's good. There's been a lot of research about cholesterol and its impact on health but there's not a lot of consistency in the results.

The evidence is contradictory at best. This doesn't mean that cholesterol is good and it doesn't mean that it's bad. It means that there's evidence for it being both good and bad, hence contradictory.

People with a bias will cherry-pick research which confirms their bias and ignore everything else, so take what people say with a grain of salt.

Cholesterol is neither good nor bad, it's just one piece of a much larger and complex picture which is human biology.

This brings us to the same point every thread in nutrition has ever been brought to. Everything needs moderation.

This is correct. Also cholesterol is mostly genetic. You should get your cholesterol checked, try it out egg yokes for a few months, then get it checked again. If you dont have an issue then you are okay.

Found the vegan

It won't make a difference me saying this to you but I might be able to convince some anons. The meat, egg and dairy industry are paying researchers to publish badly designed studies to push this confusion. Up until the 80s, like you mentioned, every scientist in the field agreed that cholesterol and saturated fat are a big part of what caused the increase in CHD until out of nowhere suddenly conflicting data came up. It's the same tactic the sugar and tobacco industry employed. It's not about proving it's not dangerous, it's about confusing the consumer enough to make them feel like it doesn't make a difference, so they just eat whatever they want.

I get 6 eggs and scramble them, then throw in some little smokey sausages and pour some salsa into it all and chop it all up. that and some greek yogurt and a toasted English muffin with strawberry jelly. it's like sex in food form

The yolks have more fat, but eggs are still fine. 70cal and 6g protein ain't too shabby as a lite snack or when cooking. Only bad for you if you're like 60 with cholesterol problems, and even then old people love eggs.

last semester in school I was eating 3 egg whites and 2 of whatever sassauge they had
how many of those eggs should I also eat the yolk with

>2017
>still going to a doctor who thinks dietary cholesterol has any effect on serum cholesterol

>Is [WHOLE_FOOD_HUMANS_HAVE_EATEN_FOREVER] bad for you?

Answer is always "no."

Do it. Healthy omega 3 oils are necessary for a health. Try to eat grass fed not grain fed chicken eggs because they have higher quality nutrition.
Don't worry about the cholesterol. Dietary cholesterol does not create cholesterol in your body.
Cerials are all carbs and sugar and fuck up your insulin levels and hormone balance.

Studies showed that you can eat the yolk or you can eat a fucking dick nigger

Studies have shown that, over a long period of time (10 years+) eating yolks-in over just egg whites increased chances of heart disease in otherwise healthy people.

Yolks are not good for you brah

I do all of my eggs farm fresh now from my neighbors. It's amazing what difference there is in taste

Are you retarded? Just eat 2 whole eggs, and throw in a couple egg whites. Theres a reason doctors suggest not having more then 2 yolks a day.

I ate a lot of egg and cholesterol went up. Could have been other factors, but it scaredthe shit out of me, so i stopped. Next bloodtests i guess well see.

>eggs
>humas have eaten forever

proof?

It's way better than eating some shitty cereal. I find milk and cereal in the morning makes me feel like shit.

foodtimeline.org/foodeggs.html

ye I've been smoking 8 yolks a day for 10 years

Even on bulks I try to keep my fat from getting too high. But you can go full yolk IIFYM.

Domesticated chicken since B.C.

Sounds like the key here is balance.

Doctors dont know shit about nutrition.

They did an analysis of this, doctors on average only spend 8 hours on nutrition in their entire 8-10 years of schooling.

Egg yolks are perfectly fine

i've been packing 8 cigarettes a day for 10 yolks