Reason you work out?

The only reason I work out is so I can go on this board with you guys.

Purposefully avoiding the word "lift" as no to exclude body weight and calisthenics bros.

You need to get a better reason than to talk to a bunch of degenerates

forgot to post for thread topic
I lift for joint stability and to eat more.

That's fucking retarded. If you don't like working out, don't. Do as much as you need to remain healthy and focus yourself on things that make you happy.

i work out to feel that feeling of self improvement.
Even when i get butthurt about something dumb, or heart broken by some girl, i know when i go to the gym, i'm gonna make some sort of progress, listen to good music and burn some time doing something productive.
The feeling of productivity is something i'm currently lacking in my life.

So that maybe one day i won't hate myself.

>thinks anyone on this board actually works out
I do it for mental health mostly.

It's the new standard. Even my old nu male friends go gym.

I can't let them catch up.

To quell an overwhelming self loathing

I don't have any fitness goals, I just do cardio until the ground looks funny

Same, feels like an unproductive day if I haven't sweat my ass off in the gym or at least a good run.

I want to sex more ladies.

First I had too much free time on my hand so I thought why not
Then I laid eyes on that first cep and felt my first pump
From there I fell in love

>dat seratonin release
Feels good, man.

I can completely see where OP is coming from. I watched a shitton of anime just to fit in on /a/. I hate sports, but watched a shitton of basketball to fit on /sp/ too.

Turns out I'm a fucking loser with no hobbies. So now I lift because telling my coworkers I spent the weekend in the gym is a lot more socially acceptable than telling them I spent the weekend watching Kizumonotagari.

Look at self in mirror before workout
>Dyel skellymode ratface manlet
Mirin noob gainz in mirror after workout
>Nice aethetic, on way to ottermode, chin looks good.

This is more addictive than any sugary drink.

-Having a decent diet and getting consistent exercise has worked better for my depression than all the SSRI's i've tried in the past.
-I played sports in high school and was pretty in shape, though in college I lifted it wasn't nearly as frequently or consistently. I more just did it to maintain not becoming a fat shit. I just graduated and, now that I have more consistency in my life, I can take steps with my diet and exercise to actively build muscle and attain the physique and level of fitness I've always seen my ideal self as having.
-It's good to feel productive. Even if it's a day off work and I don't go be social or really get anything done, as long as I have a good workout and maybe do some meal prepping it feels i've been productive.
-Having health and fitness to assume part of my identity makes me feel a bit more confident in who I am as a person. Understanding that part of myself and being able to address my identity metacognitively makes it easier to recognize the other facets of my life that I am currently emphasizing and neglecting and makes a balanced, enjoyable life seem more achievable.

I work out for the endorphin high to counteract my crippling depression and so I can flex in the mirror.

>Reason you work out?

Its all I have left

it started out as this and a few years later it transitioned into a hobby

To look and feel better, and I'd be lying if I didn't want to be mired by the womenfolk.

I workout as a form of hard love entertainment. It's escapism and yet.. totally the opposite at the same time. When I workout It feels like mental therapy. It helps me with stress, emotional baggage and most importantly those inner demons. Because working out isn't just a physical battle of strength, but a mental one where you must continue to keep pushing to make it. Everytime I finish a workout I feel like a better person. No longer do I feel emotionally bagged under, stressed, or devoured by the past. Lifting can be so much more than a tool to pick up "chicks"

Lifting isn't a cure for autism, but it is a good way to escape from that life of procrastination and endless hopeless depression.

Did I even mention how I don't fear looking in mirrors as much now. No longer do I see my face! why? because I'm often too busy mirin at gains. I know that if I work out hard enough I'm bound to get some 6/10 chick in my life. And even if that's too egotistical... I hope someone.. anybody will show some act of love to me.

Honestly isn't that why everyone is here? maybe there goals aren't as smol as mine, but eh at the end of the day we are all here to feel a bit better about ourselves.

this, lifting makes me not want to kill myself, and raises my sub 3rd percentile testosterone a bit

Progress is addicting, and being healthy feels great.

1000lbs club 3 days ago. Fucking finally.

It's fun and rewarding. It gets me out of the house when I'm not at work. It's mentally relaxing as well as providing a goal to work towards. It's good for your general health. It makes you more attractive to women.

There's no downsides. Only upsides.

You can be like half this board and shitpost here without working out at all

That said
>calisthenics crew checkin in

For him

hey, you have hobbies. They're just not appreciated outside of this website

I have no reason not to be strong or eat suicide diets normal people eat.

In used to workout for girls
now i workout for goals
It's a lifestyle now

>reason you work out?

Because there's no reason not to.

I work out because I'm a NEET and have nothing else to do. It helps with confidence and fighting depression too

same here user

+1

It keeps me from wanting to kill myself.