Thoughts on rowing machines?

Thoughts on rowing machines?

Do they actually do shit, or just a big meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ycKNBnngeMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have a bump

If you want a rowers physique but don't like water, use a rowing machine. It's just another form of resistance training.

They're pretty good cardio.
But I just can't be bothered. I'll just sit myself on the bike.

Not worth if it's the shitty generic ones at a commercial gym, very unnatural and tug like fuck.

If you have the money for a high quality one that uses actual water and has a screen then absolutely. My dad bought one years ago and using it is quite amazing for cardio and back, not even comparable to the commercial gym ones.

>one that uses actual water

I think those are called boats

tell me more

feels equal with the elliptical and treadmill no ?

the mechanism uses water you muppets

Something like this couldn't possibly be that hard to make, right? This should be a pretty easy /diy/ project for some weekend

>fill a bucket
>put a spoon into bucket
>stir bucket

yeah if you own a wood shop

I know a guy who owns a wood shop

HIIT on those absolutely burns my glutes legs to crisps

zero stress on joints and some back / rear delt gains

its really good

If you do them intensely for like 30 minutes you get high as fuck from it.

Can you explain why the ones using water are sooooo much better than the ones that use a fan?

I use the one at work for cardio warmup. Do a moderate 2k and it's great for pretty much all areas

You've been watching House of Cards, haven't you?

It's a GOAT workout. 2km raced balls out is a helluva workout.

Did crew in high school, using one now for warm ups because I blew my knees and ankles out running. GOAT cardio, but fuck these machines.

>not doing 420m on the rowing machine
bruh

also did crew in high school. it is such great cardio that I will never touch it again. also concept 2 is the only erg worth having. the ones with "real water" in them are fucking trash.

The only kind of cardio i enjoy

Suck a dick faggot Concept 2 is top of the line.

Rowperfect 3 is pretty damn good and is now Mahe Drysdale and many other's ergo of choice but they're mega bucks and most people should just yank chain with a model D.

I'm really interested in a rowing machine but I'm a poor college dude
I don't care about screens/stats/tech, literally all I want is a smooth rower that won't burn my money like a napalm bomb in Saigon

can you guys recommend me a smooth rower that's cheaper than a concept 2?

They are pretty good, unless your gym has cheap shitty ones.

get a concept 2 model C off craigslist.

There are no 'smooth rowers', only smooth rowing.

A second hand concept 2

How do I improve my stroke? Why does my neck get sore?

Because you're a shitty rower

If you want a strong back, do barbell rows, bre. IMO machines are the biggest meme of the fitness industry. Ultimately all you need is a pull up bar, dip bars, dip belt power rack, a bench and a barbell with plates.

They are decent cardio and decent for warmup tho. You can do HIIT with them and its pretty good.

ok. Thank you for the insight!

>he actually things anyone regards a concept 2 rowing machine as a strength training piece of equipment

sit more upright

youtube.com/watch?v=ycKNBnngeMo

Doug is too pure for this world

>not owning a wood shop
What kind of faggot numale are you?

I rowed in highschool at a really high level. Rowing is fucking awesome. If you get good and erg CORRECTLY, it's a full body workout and a cardio work out. I got mad legs from erging in highschool and I still have them hell yeah.